128 replies to this topic

#26 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:16 AM

Any mention of where the event might be held? East coast or West coast?
Posted Image

#27 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:18 AM

I would hope it would be an east coast thing, with NYC being somewhere within driving distance for me. With my crazy schedule, it is far more feasible than flying out west.
But honestly, wherever it would be, I would make the best effort to attend.

#28 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:25 AM

I am definitely there!

#29 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:25 AM

Any mention of where the event might be held? East coast or West coast?

At this point, it is just something that he is saying that they are going to do next year. Based on the PM he sent me, no real details, but they are going to start looking into it and make some plans.

There is way too much stuff being said on his Twitter account for me to post, but if you have some time, check it out! Lots of Japanese fan interest in Mattel MUSCLE and Ultimate Muscle in America in general. He has made comments about specific differences in the UM cartoon etc. People have asked what Americans thought of the kanji and characters heads - lol.

All it took was a few tweets to get this going - the little engine that could my friends, the little engine that could.

I really think though it was seeing LRG, Nathan's MUSCLE Blog and Soupies pages that pushed him over. I also sent him a UofM link.

Go LRG!

;)
Posted Image

#30 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:31 AM

Honestly, not trying to get carried away, but there is no reason a whole new generation of kids can't fall in love with the Kinnikuman/MUSCLE characters like we all did.

Gormiti and Marvel Handful of Heroes demonstrate that there is still a (small) market for minifigs. Of course, there needs to be good timing and a little bit of luck as well. Anyhow, just throwing that out there in all the excitement.

;)

Edited by Soupie, 14 October 2010 - 07:32 AM.

Posted Image

#31 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:55 AM

And the original anime NEEDS to be on Adult Swim. PERIOD.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#32 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

Im there, but hopefully west coast, LA or SD. :mellow:

#33 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

The eagle has landed - I have in my possession the address to Yudetamago Studios :mellow:

I will PM everyone who has offered up items thus far - as soon as I have everything together, I am going to overnight the package to Japan.

Lots of updates to go over, so please visit http://twitter.com/#!/yude_shimada

He just sent out links to Soupie's site again :lol: People are asking where they can buy MUSCLE - very cool - should I invite people to join LRG?
Posted Image

#34 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

Im there, but hopefully west coast, LA or SD. :lol:

Agreed ! :mellow:

#35 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

He just sent out links to Soupie's site again :mellow: People are asking where they can buy MUSCLE - very cool - should I invite people to join LRG?

Absolutely! Kin/M.U.S.C.L.E. fans worldwide unite!

#36 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:32 AM

Make a note that it's an English-Only message board here. Japanese text crashes my crappy computer. :rofl:
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#37 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:57 AM

Make a note that it's an English-Only message board here. Japanese text crashes my crappy computer. :rofl:

Google's Chrome browser handily translates Japanese. The internet language barrier is slowly giving way. :no:
Posted Image

#38 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:33 AM

I remember using one Japanese to English translator... It said that Buffaloman was "A Buff Roman." It also called "Doctor Bombe" "Doctor Bong."

I am quite skeptical of online translation utilities.

Then again if there was a "Japanese" section like the Ninja Mite section... Actually... *shudder* ...nevermind.

#39 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

The google translator is pretty spot on, its the only one i use and havent had a problem. I am using it on Firefox though, never used Chrome

#40 Neo Muscle

Neo Muscle

Owner of Unlimited Muscle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

Anyway to get you to mention the US kinikuman fanfiction section here? :lol:

#41 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:36 AM

Good question, I have a long answer. :)

Here is my general game plan with all this. At this point, I am just thrilled that he has been so nice, and that he seems so interested in MUSCLE, and what the American Kinnikuman fan base has been up to. I think he was a little shocked to be honest to see large overseas Kinniku collections and highly dedicated fan sites. This is a real testament to people like Johnny, Nathan, Chad, Soupie, Darrin, and the list goes on for those who have put in so much hard work to spread the MUSCLE/Kinnikuman legacy.

My top priority right now is to get the LRG care package together, and sent off to Studio Yudetamago. While he is aware of this site, I am going to hold off on the official invite to join (as well as the invite to his followers), as I do not want to let the cat out of the bag for everything we are going to send.

I am planning on documenting the whole process here, and don't want to spoil any surprises. Many members on this board have really stepped up on that front, and this is entirely a selfless, group effort. This is what LRG is all about, and I really want that message to be communicated when he opens the package. Once the package arrives though, game on! We will get a Tweet out to all his followers, and hopefully get some great Japanese members to join.

Yudesensei has given me a huge amount of trust in providing me with his personal contact information as well as an open line of communication. I am asking nothing in return from him, and will take every step possible to honor and foster that trust.

This is about saying thanks for creating something that has highly impacted my life and brought joy to me and everyone else interested in this thread. The last week almost feels like I have been living through an episode of Twilight Zone. I keep pinching myself to see if it is real.

Most of our conversations now are taking place via PM, and all I can say is that I am absolutely floored and honed that he is reaching out to his fans like this. I recently sent him an email with an extensive list of MUSCLE and Kinnikuman resources. This includes sites, places to buy MUSCLE and Kinnikuman in America, fan art, fan fiction etc. Again, at this point, this is to simply help in his research and enjoyment, and not to ask anything in return.

I am really looking forward to a US Kinnikuman event and cannot wait to have him receive our package.

If you have been following what's been said on Twitter over the last few days, you will see that there is a real concern that many video games over the years have been copying prominent Kinnikuman finishing moves. If you are familiar with the game, Madworld, you might recognize that the main finishing move in the game appears to be a straight rip-off of the Kinnikubuster. Apparently other moves have been copied in Tekken and the list goes on. The concern is that these moves were created by Yudetamago and that others are benefiting financially from their creativity.

He asked me how copyright laws in the US work, and strangely enough I just so happen to work extensively with online Intellectual Property Infringement in my profession. :D While I am not in a position to give out legal advice, I actually know a killer Law Firm that deals specifically with the gaming and comic industry. As wacky as that sounds, it has just been one crazy turn after another. :D

Edit:

Forgot the mention the Kinnikuman, BAMBAM 88 collaboration car http://twitpic.com/2yc03b
You can read all about it online - very cool!

Edited by uoozuman, 17 October 2010 - 08:44 AM.

Posted Image

#42 Neo Muscle

Neo Muscle

Owner of Unlimited Muscle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:31 AM

To add something to the Legal issue over his moves being used...I would say he doesn't have any ownership over them. The fact is most of his moves, Kinniku Buster included, are used in professional wrestling which would be the basis for said move in games other than Kinnikuman. At least that would be the argument I believe. Unless he could prove the moves were used because of Kinnikuman and are named after Kinnikuman then he has no case unfortunatly...least that is the way I believe things will go.

#43 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:46 PM

I bet you Kamehame is rolling in his grave right now - he didn't teach that arse in Madworld the 48 killer techniques. :D A real fraud that guy.
Posted Image

#44 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:13 PM

Fuzz, you are a rock star! I received the belt today, and we are one step closer to getting this bad boy out. Just waiting on a few more items from some peeps on the board. It would be rad if we could get it there before the Kinnikuman Summit on 10/29 - maybe LRG could get a shout-out :D

I will be sure to keep everyone posted. :)
Posted Image

#45 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:02 PM

Don't forget to check inside the box. Included are a M.U.S.C.L.E. of each color, and an unopened pack of UM CCG cards.

Thanks again, Uoozuman, for putting this all together!

#46 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:04 PM

:D https://twitter.com/...tus/27754033378
Posted Image

#47 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:53 AM

That was so... Square.

Attached Files

#48 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:57 AM

Theorgg, get a freaking new computer or update your software, dude. As soon as I clicked on the link, it was translated to English for me. ^_^

America's 100t MUSCLE Thank you for introducing a lot of fan sites.

Edited by Soupie, 19 October 2010 - 03:59 AM.

Posted Image

#49 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:21 AM

Wow this just keeps getting more amazing!

#50 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:57 AM

The first person to help out me and TheOrgg and tell us what it says gets 2000 internets.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com