wow stoney, super cool character!

#202 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:51 PM

Namakeshi packaging sneak peak for my first two figures... :give_rose: Traditional Gacha Gacha style w/ small insert...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks Great~!

#203 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

uoozuman..... I love the packaging! can't wait! I want to carry some of these guys when I sell at local shows...

#204 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

uoozuman..... I love the packaging! can't wait! I want to carry some of these guys when I sell at local shows...

Thank mate!

More pics...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#205 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:54 PM

Mad Collaboration update!!! Complete Series 1 and 2 pics over at Mad Joe's Facebook page :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#206 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

Mad Collaboration update!!! Complete Series 1 and 2 pics over at Mad Joe's Facebook page :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Awesome! I just can find his facebook page though.. I found this blogspot and twitter but I shoulda bookmarked it.. but they look great and that picture is so fresh!

#207 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:26 PM

his FB is under -- Fernando Berger (Mad Joe)

#208 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

You can always add me on FB via the link on my blog and he is one of my friends... :lol:

Edited by uoozuman, 28 June 2011 - 09:30 PM.

Posted Image

#209 mind_domain

mind_domain

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:29 PM

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow super coooool!

Posted Image

#210 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:59 AM

As one of the staunchest early defenders, I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed.

This just took SOOOOO long and basically felt like it wasn't going to happen. It just lost all of its momentum. Then OMFG came along, filled the same niche, and was able to capture the excitement.

This almost feels like too little too late.

And while I love seeing uoozuman's figure finally cast in different colors, we've already seen two of the figures (from Rampage Toys), and the figures don't feel very cohesive as a group.

Am I alone on this? :unknw:

#211 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:07 AM

I think the issue is that Mad Joe is a one man show. He is working on multiple projects at once, and I am not quite sure where this one fits. I honestly almost gave up hope, and then out of nowhere he dropped these pics last night.

Still no word when I will get my 20 figures though. I know he is good for it, but I've got two more figure coming in series 3 and 4... so I hope this works out as I would love them to see the light of day :give_rose:

I will be doing Free giveaway contest on Nama Niku as well as some charity sales on eBay. Will let you know when I get my figs though... :lol:
Posted Image

#212 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

I can't believe I've been gone from the board so long that I missed this entire awesome thread! I would love to get in on this deal, not that I actually know anything about sculpting, but I'd be willing to learn just b/c of the sheer awesomeness.
From what I gather though, the guy who offered this deal is a bit backed up. Still, hopefully in time, he'll be available to do more.
Any tips for someone who's never sculpted before. I have a couple MUSCLEs i could use as a base, but what material should I buy and what tools should I use?

#213 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

I heard this stuff 'apoxy sculpt' is great http://www.avesstudi...uemart&Itemid=1

:)

#214 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

i almost bought some of this stuff a couple months ago. i like how you add your own pigment combination to get the color you want. :)

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#215 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

I hate to say it guys, but I think the so called Mad Collaboration is dead in the water. Mad Joe is a cool guy, but I think he pretty much threw in the towel with this whole thing...

He stopped responding to me shortly after SDCC, and I see no signs of life on the casting or communication front. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I will never get the 60 figures he promised me, or my original figures back for that matter.

I did get some test castings at one point, but only like three of my Nama King figure, and zero of my meat and ham dudes...

If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

:confused:
Posted Image

#216 Leitmotiv

Leitmotiv

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Caving, Mushrooming, Newsletter creation, radio, formicariums, guitar, singing, writing, thrift stores, garage saling, board games, discussion

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

I hate to say it guys, but I think the so called Mad Collaboration is dead in the water. Mad Joe is a cool guy, but I think he pretty much threw in the towel with this whole thing...

He stopped responding to me shortly after SDCC, and I see no signs of life on the casting or communication front. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I will never get the 60 figures he promised me, or my original figures back for that matter.

I did get some test castings at one point, but only like three of my Nama King figure, and zero of my meat and ham dudes...

If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

:confused:

That sucks. I was thinking about making some collabs, too.

#217 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

yeah that sucks... but i had a feeling... just another's idea to market in the muscle community that falls short.

#218 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:32 PM

Yeah I just talked to him at D Con... I get the feeling he got a way bigger response on this than he was expecting... according to what he said he plans on releasing them a little at a time.
I think basically he didn't have a real solid plan on how to deal with this. Someone asked me about what I thought of this whole deal and I told them... his lack of response to people after they have sent him figures has put a lot of people off... got a bunch of people excited about his plan then effectively fell off the map and didn't respond to anyone... just all around poor PR. He has a lot of ideas & big plans... just really needs to solidify his plans BEFORE getting the community that is going to be his biggest market on board. Also actually responding to people even with a simple form letter to all involved would make you appear less of an ass. Nice guy.... but yeah not the most organized & this execution may have just killed the whole deal.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com