98 replies to this topic

#1 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 04:47 AM

I am just trying to guage interest in metal reproduction M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. Aluminum, silver or even gold are possible. The latter would be very expensive but, it is possible. Please email me at emorris2112@cox.net if this sounds like something that you think there would be a market for.

Thanks,
Gene
:cry:
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL
Flesh Figures - 7, 53, 104, 113, 114, 142, 145, 162, 195 and 234

Email me at emorris2112@cox.net for a complete list of needs and haves. Please ask for either HTML or Excel format.

#2 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 05:16 AM

I'd say go for pewter. Easy to shape once you've got the steel mold(heat and pour from what I hear), and it holds paint very well.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#3 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 10:09 AM

Pewter is possible for sure. I am just trying to find out if I would be throwing money away or if there is a definate interest.

Thanks,
Gene
:angry:
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

Email me at emorris2112@cox.net for a complete list of needs and haves. Please ask for either HTML or Excel format.

#4 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 10:14 AM

If you could make the figures perfect, like GODBEAST's customs, then there would definitely be an interest.

Metal figures would be sweet!

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#5 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 10:34 AM

With any type of casting there is always a small amount of shrinkage. I have not seen or compared Godbeast's repros. I am sure they are not "perfect," but they are probably as close as you can get without spending 10's of thousands of dollars scanning and machining for the die. Anyone know what casting method Godbeast uses for his customs?

Thanks,
Gene
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

#6 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2003 - 11:08 AM

Why don't you ask him?

And doesn't it seem like we keep going down this road? :angry:

#7 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 11:40 AM

oh no here we go again lol
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#8 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 12:32 PM

By "this road" I assume you mean people asking him how he does his casting. I am not really concerned because I have my own methods. I was only really curious to know what kind of shrinkage he has.

Thanks,
Gene
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

#9 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2003 - 12:40 PM

I was only really curious to know what kind of shrinkage he has.

This topic…
http://www.littlerub...610b51ad13c573a

and this topic…
http://www.littlerub...610b51ad13c573a

should give you a good idea what we are talking about.

#10 The Shizit

The Shizit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 12:46 PM

I was only really curious to know what kind of shrinkage he has.

i click on this thread and all i see is veers quoting about one mans shrinkage! hahahahaha. the seinfeld episode where george was in the pool and some lady walked in on him changing just popped in my head.
www.rawkthreads.com

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:15 PM

The shrinkage on GodBeast's customs is not noticeable except on extremely close inspection. I was shocked how near perfect the molds were.

I think pewter would be very kewl.

What price range are you thinking?

#12 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:23 PM

I am not ready to give out prices on something I don't have in my hands. Rest assured, when I cast a few and determine my total investment, I will show you what I have and how much it will be. I don't curently have any MUSCLE figures to practice on. When I get one, it will be the first thing I do. I will keep you all updated.
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

#13 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:24 PM

Awesome. Thanks!

#14 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:57 PM

hmm. i wouldn't enjoy them at all, i don't think.

seriously, the only reason i could see making one would be as a novelty hood ornament. :angry:

#15 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 02:02 PM

Ok, Thanks for the reply.
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

#16 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 02:25 PM

am i the only one here not making bootlegs? err i mean "customs" :(
......Posted Image....................................................
Petition to Get Generation 1 to USA
What I'm selling on Ebay

#17 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 02:58 PM

I am not ready to give out prices on something I don't have in my hands. Rest assured, when I cast a few and determine my total investment, I will show you what I have and how much it will be. I don't curently have any MUSCLE figures to practice on. When I get one, it will be the first thing I do. I will keep you all updated.

Now see? THAT'S how something like this should be handled. Not like someone else who I won't name. This approach is much less likely to send GB into a homicidal rage.

#18 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 03:58 PM

Ha! Ha! Ha!
That was a good one pasvagrsvj!

Seriously I think metal Muscles sound kick arse! I have done very little casting in metals (some nickel and other common metals when I was in college).

I also think this guy knows what he is doing. Cuz metals do have some shrinkage. The plastics I use have no noticeable shrinkage to the human eye. Like .0006 & .0013, it all depends on the kind I use. Anything Johnny sees is either from cutting the sprews from the feet or just Johnny's imagination. Ha! Ha!

I have made several gold, antique silver, and light silver (almost a stainless steel type silver) in plastic, however, maybe he can make them cheaper with real metals and sell them for a lot less? If he can, I think he should do it. The metal powders I use in my plastics are sort of pricey and it is time consuming to apply to the mold.

Plus, his will be heavy like real metal!!! That would be cool!!!

I can't wait to see them!!!

THEGODBEAST :(

#19 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 04:38 PM

If it somehow, by miracle of God, works out that they can be sold at the cheapest price I've ever seen Pewter Figures(thirty indians, fifteen unique sculpts=$11.50), I'll definatly pick up the set...

However, if they're normal price for a small specialized minature($1.50-2.00 each), I'll probably still pick up my favorites.

The prices might have changed slightly, as the last time I seriously looked into the prices were about two years ago.

Also, if you do go the pewter route, please have a nice base on the bottom, a'la the Toyfair UM premium. I'd love to see #195(or whatever Top Sunshine is) with a nice base that he actually is standing on...
then the painters can have a field day with trying to make him look like he's in motion.

I'd also hope you'd only do the MUSCLE sculpts, and not the "rare" MUSCLES. I think GB's should remain for them (well, except for the claw. Pewter Claw is just too cool!)...
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#20 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 05:06 PM

I compared Godbeast's mordles to the two that I own- there was no noticeable shinkage.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 06:36 PM

I'd be interested in metal MUSCLEs. I probably wouldn't get many of them, but a couple of metal MUSCLEs would be a pretty sweet and unusual addition to my collection. Also, I can't see any shrinkage with Godbeast's custom BB figures.

#22 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 07:10 PM

If there was any shrinkage, it would be a fluke like that first gitd red SC I did, where I got carried away with the dremell on the bottom of the feet or with an exacto knife on the bottom of the feet. Ha! Ha!

I would totally dig like a gold claw necklace!!! I know Arforbes aka the "claw" would want a metal claw painted with enamel purple for his neck!!!

I think a 100% original sculpt of the Claw like the size of a softball in metal would look killer as a hood ornament!!!

Do pewter castings really cost that little? I mean, how is this guy gonna make it worth his time?

ANyone ever seen the guy that makes the heman original swords in metals and sells them on ebay as like something super rare?

I think that even if he wanted to make the same figures I make, that is ok, because his would be in metal. Mine are still in plastic, which means mine can gitd, be clear, solid, almost any color, and of course any metallic (but just not heavy like real metal). I think some heavy ones would be cool.
I am totally curious about prices. He! He!

THEGODBEAST :(

#23 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 07:17 PM

This is off topic, but I'd love to see a metal version of one of those Solonavi from Mage Knight (Like the Tormentor)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#24 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 07:32 PM

GB: They can be, if they're mass produced.

From what I remember asking the art teacher that taunt(bad spelling, sorry) the subject, Pewter cools down very quickly, so it'd only be "put mold together, clamp it, heat pewter two minutes, pour it in, wait "less than five minutes, for something around an inch," unbound it, then check it over to make sure it filled correctly, and remove the flash(or just let the person who buys it remove the flash, if youd on't care about recycling the flash).

What he told me would be in " 's.

The indians were a probably a set of fifteen molds set up by a computer, and mass-produced like crazy... but the material isn't that extravagently expensive.

I'm expecting a verdict of around $3.50 for the first thirty, then the price dropping to around $2-3.00 after that...

but then again, this guy (I'd assume) doesn't have a Pewter Figure company, so for non-educational/non-commercial places, it might be more.

#25 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 07:37 PM

I just had another little idea.

If it's successful, he could section it out in "parts" like the original Kinnikuman line...

Hmm... 234 unique "poster,non-rare" figures, including the Buffalo Man (Thus, discounting the ring Muscle Man and S.C.)...

That'd fit as eighteen "parts," with thirteen Pewter figures each... As long as the Sugaru and Terry poses wern't more than one per part (is there over eighteen poses of the original Sugaru? I think so...), I'd be cool to pick up your favorite set of them.

Then again, I'm just sprouting off ideas.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com