105 replies to this topic

#51 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 10:49 AM

In an effort to find out more about this figure, I sent the seller this message...

Hello Mike,

I just wanted to let you know that I received the lot of M.U.S.C.L.E.
figures in the mail and they are great.  Thank you very much for the fast
shipping.  I was curious though as to where you received the figures.  Were
they purchased around where you live?  Are you the original owner?  There is
a figure I have not seen before among the rest so I was curious.  Any
information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Alex
arforbes

Hopefully he can tell us something that we possibly don't know. I'll keep us all posted.

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#52 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:18 AM

You'd better watch out, Alex. Three super rares? You're effin gonna get hit by lightning, or a meteorite!

Seriously though...Can I paint him?

I'll do a real bangup job... B)

Not to change the subject, however, I haven't seen any of your killer paint jobs forever!!! Where is the new stuff???

THEGODBEAST

#53 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:21 AM

arforbes, did you try to ask the seller any questions? Like when and where he got the figures, etc?

That's funny you should ask that because I am in the process of typing an email to him with those sort of questions right now. I'll let you know what he says.

B)

I wouldn't have emailed him a bunch of questions either, at least until after I had it in my hot little hands!!! My cousin had a seller on Ebay (transformertoys) NOT sell him the last rare LB I needed, after he had already won it on Ebay!!! All do to a combination of the figure selling for only a mere $100 when it usually sells for $500 and the fact he wanted him to mail it to me...BB/LB dealers don't like me much...I don't understand why???

THEGODBEAST

#54 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:42 PM

The other Super Rares were feeling left out so I got a shot of them all.  Super Rare Trilogy!  :D

:D

Now that's a frickin' photo!!!

Now post one of all 3 showing their backs!!!

Thanks,

THEGODBEAST

Here you go Marty, a shot of all their backs...

B)

Attached Files

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#55 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:45 PM

And I had them all out so I thought I'd take a snapshot of this...

:D

Attached Files

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#56 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:59 PM

Marty, I've got one or two that haven't been posted. My interest was kind wavering there for a while, until Mr. Forbes' find. I'll try to post something soon though.

In the meantime, for those who aren't privy...my family photo (low detail) can be viewed here:

http://www.littlerub...cat=10017&pos=0

#57 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:12 PM

Marty, I've got one or two that haven't been posted. My interest was kind wavering there for a while, until Mr. Forbes' find. I'll try to post something soon though.

In the meantime, for those who aren't privy...my family photo (low detail) can be viewed here:

God man, I just love your paintin'!!!

I rated that sh*t a 5 *'s kid!!!

Keep up the great work and do some more new ones!!!

THEGODBEAST

#58 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 08:04 PM

Damn, you do a hellava lot better job on those than I do. Keep it up man. :D
Posted Image

#59 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 08:12 PM

Ok,
we need to stay on topic or we are gonna piss Alex off!!!

pasvagrsvj needs to make a new thread for us to comment on all his newly painted G1 figs. that he is doing right now!!! :D

THEGODBEAST

#60 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 08:17 PM

Hey, If Alex hadn't found a new super rare and rekindled my interest, then I wouldn't have had this opportunity to blow my own horn.

#61 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 10:05 PM

Ok,
we need to stay on topic or we are gonna piss Alex off!!!

pasvagrsvj needs to make a new thread for us to comment on all his newly painted G1 figs. that he is doing right now!!! ^_^

THEGODBEAST

It's all good man. It's still on topic with what pasvagrsvj just said...

Hey, If Alex hadn't found a new super rare and rekindled my interest, then I wouldn't have had this opportunity to blow my own horn.

I just wish I had a Kinnikuman version of the Dark Emperor so that I could check out the badass paintjob that he could do on him. Your work is sweet pasvagrsvj!

:)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#62 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 26 May 2004 - 05:24 AM

WOW!!! Nice find Alex. Good eye bro. Unlike Martys brown eye. You are definately the keeper of the super rares. Gate Keeper, or Key master, or whatever it was called in Ghost busters. Damn that is awesome. What intrigues me about all of this is that we have all been collecting for 20 years now and this is the first time this effer has shown up. I am sure they are more plentiful than what we are seeing, they are just boxed up in some canucks (spl?) attic. That is friggin sweet.

Another thing that is sweet is you did not have to dump $350 to have him in your collection. Although pricier than your average muscle lot you definately scored.

Which brings me to what I have been thinking about a lot lately. Here I am searching daily for rare or cool kinnikuman or muscle shizznit, some of the things I have already dumped cash into is now worth much much less (X-1) for example. I know right now all of these super rares and stuff are worth a butt load, and I know a lot of toy collectors excuses for hunting for toys is thier resale value in the future. But I personally think Muscle are in thier prime right now with the G2 shizznit. Although G2 is fading away with from what I can tell very little chance of coming back. So if you ask me in five, ten, maybe fifteen years from now, I think these super rares, which may indeed still be super rare will be worth nothing because nobody will know about them. That why I give thanks to people like Johnny and Nate, and Darrin , and the many others not mentioned who keep the spirit of muscle alive. I have said a billion time that kinnikuman related stuff are the only toys I collect. If they end up being worhtless then all I have is a several thousand dollar collection of shizznit. Needless to say that will not happen anytime soon. I am still spending buttloads of money on Kinnikuman stuff, and I hope you all will too.

I have not been posting much these last few weeks due to lack of time or desire, so my apologies for the huge post that did not all contain "sticking to the topic" material. I just needed to get some shizznit off of my chest, and congratulate Alex on a effing awesome score. I hope that the finding of this new super rare will spark some interest in veteran collectors who are loosing interest, I hope it will also give the younger collectors something to be excited about and look for in future Ebay searching. I also hope Marty gets the x-rated super rare trio pictures that he is requesting, I cant lie I want to see some super rare humpin going on myself. I hope Alex`s hands are not calluced over from all the "playing" he has been doing with his new super rare ^_^ . I love you guys, I will be back into posting more regularly in a few weeks (Not that any of you give a shizznit). I will also have some sweet updates to post on my site for you to enjoy too. Oyasumi Nasai.

#63 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 05:55 AM

Damn! It has been so long since I saw pasvagrsvj's customs that I forgot how sweet they are! Dude, you have to some more painted MUSCLEs.

#64 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:32 AM

The specs I am talking about are usually located on tiny parts of the figure that rest on the cardboard backings of the 4-Packs.  They usually flake off with a finger nail or wipe clean with soap and warm water.

If you have any unopened 4-packs take a close look at them. You will likely see white spots on the blue background where the color flaked off and then see some of the flecks on the MUSCLES. I received several packs yesterday and can see the flecks on some of them.
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#65 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:26 AM

WOW!!!  Nice find Alex.  Good eye bro.  Unlike Martys brown eye.  You are definately the keeper of the super rares.  Gate Keeper, or Key master, or whatever it was called in Ghost busters.  Damn that is awesome.  What intrigues me about all of this is that we have all been collecting for 20 years now and this is the first time this effer has shown up.  I am sure they are more plentiful than what we are seeing, they are just boxed up in some canucks (spl?) attic.  That is friggin sweet.

Another thing that is sweet is you did not have to dump $350 to have him in your collection.  Although pricier than your  average muscle lot you definately scored.

I have not been posting much these last few weeks due to lack of time or desire, so my apologies for the huge post that did not all contain "sticking to the topic" material.  I just needed to get some shizznit off of my chest, and congratulate Alex on a effing awesome score.

Hey Doc!

Welcome back man! And thanks for the kudos on this new discovery. I was almost certain that someone else was watching that auction, but I guess not, which is why I got it for a cheap $26.00, I guess! ^_^

I hope too that this will spark some interest in the M.U.S.C.L.E. community. And I have thought too about the value of these Super Rares in the future. I think you are right, they are probably in their prime right now. Look at how much that SHA went for on ebay a few months ago, over $400, remember Philly? I have thought too about selling them and getting a freaking fortune back, but they are just too damn interesting to let go. It's either have a ton of money, or have the thrill of the Super Rares!

Anyways, welcome back Doc and thanks again. I have a feeling that we will se more of these on ebay in the future, as I have said many times before. There are a few Kinnikuman sculpts that I assume are still out there in Super Rare M.U.S.C.L.E. form. I will be sure to keep my Super Rare "eye" out for them.

Peace! :)

Edited by arforbes, 26 May 2004 - 09:28 AM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#66 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:00 AM

BLOODY HELL ALEX!!!

I'm outa the loop for a while & a super rare get's discovered.
nice find mate i'm happy for ya.

i'm amazed no one else was switched on enough to bid for it.

i'm actually not surprised another one was found , i am surprised that you actually
him Alex and in the manner you did , with it being open to all to find.

It's as i have said before , some may get board with muscles , but as soon as you write them off , something comes along that will amaze about them.

bravo Alex

Mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#67 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:58 AM

Thanks mate! I appreciate the kind words. :lol:

;)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#68 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 05:43 PM

Well there we have it folks another super rare and what can we say but congrats to Alex. I would like to thank the guy personally for introducing me to the original super rare that was Satans Cross. On the one hand we have the frustration that is not knowing which figs made it into the muscle line after the original poster figs, but on the other hand we see another example of a toyline that can throw suprises at you after all these years. Who would have thought all those years ago when you were buying your first 4-pack, ten-pack or whatever it would lead to all this. Three cheers for M.U.S.C.L.E. Hip, hip.....
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#69 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 05:44 PM

By the way, Alex, nice Avatar...can i have one???
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#70 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:33 PM

Thanks musclemenkids! B)

:huh:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#71 Dr_Ackula

Dr_Ackula

Chaotic Neutral

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:horror movies, muscle, TRANSFORMERS!

Posted 28 May 2004 - 10:32 PM

Another super rare! nice.

And to think I haven't even found myself a Satancross yet, though Marty's custom clear/glitter one I have fills the spot nicely for now :D
Posted Image

#72 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 09:14 PM

In an effort to find out more about this figure, I sent the seller this message...

Hello Mike,

I just wanted to let you know that I received the lot of M.U.S.C.L.E.
figures in the mail and they are great.  Thank you very much for the fast
shipping.  I was curious though as to where you received the figures.  Were
they purchased around where you live?  Are you the original owner?  There is
a figure I have not seen before among the rest so I was curious.  Any
information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Alex
arforbes

Hopefully he can tell us something that we possibly don't know. I'll keep us all posted.

:mellow:

Well, I finally got a response from the seller of the Dark Emperor Super Rare. I had written him the above message shortly after the end of the auction if you remember from a previous post in this thread. Here's what he had to say...

I picked them up at a thrift shop, I'm sure they were local. sorry no more
info.

So it looks as if the Super Rare M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, at least most of them that have been discovered, are located in the vicinity of the northern United States near the Canadian border. This helps to support the theory that they all may have originated from Canada.

:devil:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#73 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:32 AM

Do we not need to add this guy to the Super Rare list in the FAQ?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#74 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:30 PM

Do we not need to add this guy to the Super Rare list in the FAQ?

Yes, indeed we do. And I may have discovered even another in a recent auction that I won. It is a figure that I would have never suspected. It is a Nachiguron from Part 9 on the very bottom of this page.

http://ulala69.hp.in...co.jp/part9.htm

I am expecting the auction winnings in a few days. I will know more then.

:angry:

Edited by arforbes, 29 June 2004 - 03:31 PM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#75 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:44 PM

Hey Alex, post the auction link.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com