126 replies to this topic

#1 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:07 PM

Check the link below for full details. Here's a quick rundown. I supply you a claw, you paint it, you send back (I cover shipping), you win big prizes!!! >-<

http://www.geocities...j02/PaintedClaw

I hope to see a lot of participants. I have seen some impressive work from many of you on the board. Keep an eye on this thread for updates and fellow participants input. Any questions concerning the contest can be resolved in this thread, PM, or Email.

I will not offer hints on which colors I like or what I am expecting, part of this contest is to see what kind of variety and creativity I can get out of you guys. If I wante a bunch of the same looking claw I would do it myself hahahahah.

All participant's work will be posted here as I recieve them, no need for you to post pics here yourself unless you really want to.

I am doing the judging myself, but input from other board members is highly recommended. Although, art bashing is extrememly frowned upon, so be nice.

Good Luck!!!

Edited by doc_moore_j, 25 June 2004 - 10:08 PM.

#2 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 07:13 AM

Count me in Doc!

Mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#3 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:12 AM

3.  No alterations to the sculpt itself, please do not mutilate, melt, reform, or cut pieces off, just paint variations please.

Damn, there goes my idea for SkrewUman >-<

What a cool idea & great use of the Scary Hands auction! :(

Count me in too, I'll pm you my address. Anyone have any tips on what paint works best on these(i.e wont peel off/flake later)? pasvagrsvj??
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#4 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:30 AM

Awesome! Count me in too! Great idea Doc! >-<

:(
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:43 AM

Front paged and pinned!

Jason, send me one too, although I do not want to be considered for a prize. But I'll do my best paint job for you!

p.s. Anyone who rips Jason off will be banned from the board and will be subject to other punishments that I can not describe here.

#6 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 12:10 PM

If I only had another extra claw... EBAY!!!!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 12:30 PM

Count Me in DEFINATLY. I will take 2 or more if I can >-<
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#8 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:15 PM

If I only had another extra claw... EBAY!!!!

No silly buns, I send youthe claw for free to paint for me.

#9 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:17 PM

By the way all, counting Johnny's claw, there are 11 participants in just a couple days notice. Hurry and register or I may have to deny you the opportunity.

On that note, I am stoked at the participation, and at the variety expected from the many different artists.

As far as which paints and what to use etc... I am clueless, I hope others will help you with that.

#10 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:29 AM

Sounds cool. I'm in.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#11 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:22 AM

I'll sharpie one up, if y'want me to.

Just make sure it's a lighter color, as I don't think the Sharpies'll hold up on a darker color.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#12 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:25 PM

I'll sharpie one up, if y'want me to.

Just make sure it's a lighter color, as I don't think the Sharpies'll hold up on a darker color.

Custom "PAINTED" Claw Contest. :angry:

:p

Edited by arforbes, 29 June 2004 - 03:25 PM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#13 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 05:19 PM

:lol: UPDATE!!! -_-

One more day to join my friends.

13 Participants so far.

Good luck, and I will be sending the figures out to you guys who joined first thing Tuesday morning.

#14 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:14 AM

Damn! Is it too late for this. I just got back from vacation a few days ago and I knew I should have visited the board sooner. :huh: I would really really love to paint one if possible. ^_^
Posted Image

#15 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:28 AM

I can send you one, you will still have to finish it by the deadline though. The main reason I did the registration deadline was because I thought I was going to run out of claws. Send me a PM with your name and address and I will hook you up.

#16 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 05:49 AM

How many contestants did you end up with doc?

Mischa

#17 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:18 AM

I ended up with 14 participants my good man. Over half are non-board members though, so I may never see some of those claws again :blink: But I know I will get some kick arse paint jobs from the members here at least and that was my goal for doing this contest.

Good luck to all, and I look forward to seeing what you guys can do.

#18 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 03:25 PM

Hmmm , none board members , i think it's a bit risky
hopfully most will do the right thing buy you.

one good thing is that you'd still have the address's of the people that don't return your claw , so you could send them some hate mail to help fill in your spare time.

Mischa

#19 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:59 AM

one good thing is that you'd still have the address's of the people that don't return your claw , so you could send them some hate mail to help fill in your spare time.

^_^ I had thought about that. I was going to post Emails of people who screwed me here so you all can join the fun hahahahaha.

All participants seem good to go though, so we will see. Claws were sent out on the 6th, so hopefully I get some rolling back in to me soon.

#20 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 09:13 AM

I would have participated, however, with this prototype job I am SWAMPED!!!

I would have even provided my own claw!

Sorry...

TGB

#21 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 09:14 AM

By the way...

Have you updated your site with the custom claws?

LMK
TGB

#22 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:39 PM

Have you updated your site with those pictures of my mom and you making love?

;) Ummm..... No you sick pervert, there is no place on my site for something like that. My site is for the love of the kids and kinnikuman, what the hell?

:p

^_^ Seriously though, no I haven't. I have about 70% of the pictures finished and edited, just have not had the time to finish, plus I am having alighting issue. I love the customs so much, but without proper lighting many of the cooler ones just don't look that cool. I am working on resolving this soon.

#23 Mr. S

Mr. S

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 07:26 PM

Well I got my CLAWs a few days ago and I finished one, and hopefully I can finish the second ina few days and have em sent back by the end of next week.

#24 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:17 PM

:woot: UPDATE :D

Well, I got my first claw back today. Let me say this, you guys are in for some serious competition. Much better than the one I had tried to paint myself. Good luck to all. I am excited now to see what other kind of sweet claws I get back. This one is definately a nice addition to my claw army.

Although I sent all of them on the 6th, I have been informed that a few participants have not recieved theirs yet. If it seems like there is going to be a problem with the shipping times, I may extend the deadline a week or so. We will see I guess as the contest progresses.

I have decided not to post pictures of the contestant's art until closer towards the deadline to avoid participants from duplicating each other's work. I want variety.

Another thing I wanted to discuss that I have been thinking about since the get go is I hope there is no hard feelings when this competition is over. I am going to appreciate all the claws returned to me, but sadly only offering three prizes. I don't want somebody to feel hurt or pissed if I do not choose one of theirs as a prize winner.

On another similar note. Although these claws are for my collection and I stated I will be the judge of the winners, I have been pondering the thought of having a few judges, and working on some sort of point system to decide the winners. My personal vote may be worth a couple more points, however a pannel of judges would prevent a bias decision. How would you guys feel about that? There are a few members here who are much better artists than myself (Godbeast maybe) and I am sure they would be better judges of art and paint jobs than me anyways. The last thing I want to hear after this competition is "Oh he picked him because they are buddies" etc... or something similar (not to mention you guys are all my buddies). If so, the judges would not know the names or to who each claw belonged to, only rate them accordingly. Is that more fair? Give me a little feedback here if you can.

Finally, I can tell this is going to turn out good. I am sure all of you will do a superb job on your claws, and even if I only get a few decent ones out of the whole competition, I will have then achieved what I wanted to out of this contest. This first claw is beautiful. I am going to sleep with it tonight. :wub:

Good Luck to all!!!!! :KS:

#25 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:40 PM

I think you should be the only judge. After all, the prises are from YOUR personal collection and the paint jobs are for YOU to keep. If you want judges, that is your choice and if you are biased... oh well. Your tastes in color may vary from another judges etc etc....

I have a currious question though, may I submit a third claw from MY personal collection? I am impartial either way, I just have a number of different ideas and I am just doing it to pass the time, so if not, I will just post other claws I did online. All I am saying is one of the claws I WILL do is going to the "experimental" side :woot: (no claws were hurt durring the action).
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com