• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 03 November 2002 - 02:12 PM

Okay, maybe Star Wars collecting has gotten a bit of bashing this past week... so let's get something rolling on the positive side! Here are my five favorite Star Wars toys, in ascending order, and the reasons why I love them:

5) 14" Vintage Chewie: This Chewie was made back when scale in the 12" line actually meant something! Of course, the fact that Chewie's my favorite character probably skewed this toy's position in my list... but regardless, it's a great toy! With an excellent scale in regards to the other 12" dolls, cool accessories, and a great sculpt, this is by far the best 12" scale Chewie figure to date! It makes the new ones look like garbage!

4) 14" Electronic Vader: This is one toy that has pretty much everything you could ask for. Great articulation, a perfect costume, a triple-stage removable helmet (just like the movie) and a great Anakin Skywalker face sculpt... there's pretty much nothing wrong with this figure!

3) Vintage Yoda Rubber Puppet: I had HOURS of fun with this thing when I was a kid! It had a great feel to it (you could kind of imagine Yoda's skin feeling like this), some hair in the back of his head, and was shaped perfectly to fit over a beer can (as my Grandmother soon discovered)!

2) B-Wing Starfigher: This is another toy that I had a crapload of fun with back in the day! It has extendable wings, sound effects, and a rotating cockpit (nevermind the fact that there really isn't a down or up in space anyway). It was the perfect size, too... just big enough to be a substantial ship, but not so huge that it couldn't really be flown around (like the Millenium Falcon).

1) Jabba Glob: You heard right, Jabba Glob is my favorite Star Wars toy EVER! I think this is a toy that really didn't get it's "props" when it was released. It has a great rubbery feel to it (kinda like Yoda), it's in the classic ROTJ Jabba pose, it came with cool little frogs, and the best part about it: you could squeeze its head and make Jabba talk! Boshuda!!!

Anyway, those are my favorites... how about you guys?

-Nathan

#2 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2002 - 02:35 PM

Wow, what a great question! What does one base his answer on?

Here’s my list (top 3) in ascending order…

3.) Boba Fett – While this might be the most popular answer with Star Wars fans it holds true here. Boba was able to capture Han, talk back to Vader, fly a kick-@ss ship, and retain his identity when he was killing GI Joe. He was an awesome looking figure with plenty of room for imagination.

2.) The Death Star – How cool was this playset? It had 4 levels and an elevator! I thought this was one of the two greatest bases ever (the GI Joe base was second). This playset was almost always involved in what ever I was playing.

1.) Stormtroopers – I thought this were the coolest looking when I was a kid. Plus, I had almost 20 of them. They were just great bad guys. As I got older I started to play with GI Joe, but the stormtroopers were able to make the change. They became operatives for Cobra. I know this is a simple choice for number one, but I don’t think any Star Wars toy of mine got more playtime.

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 03 November 2002 - 02:57 PM

1.) ESB or ROTJ Yoda! - What more can I say. THE best Star Wars Figure EVER! (Yes, I'm biased :( )
2.) Original Jawa action figure - Cloth cape - vinyl is UGLY!
3.) Original Boba Fett action figure
4.) Ewok Village
5.) Jabba the Hut original playset
6.) Origial ROTJ Wickett action figure
7.) Original Dagobah Playset
8.) Original Darth Vader fighter ship
9.) Snowtrooper
10.) FAO Schwartz exclusive Faamba - freakin' HUGE! (wish I could get one for less than $40)

That's my top 10 of all time!

#4 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 03 November 2002 - 06:49 PM

1. AMANAMAN!!!!!!!!!!

2. The Acklay

3. The Geonosian dudes

4. Palpatine's IMperial Guards

5. IG-88

6. The Rancor

...Gee, can ya tell tha tI like the weird ones?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 CiX22

CiX22

BazooKARA!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 01:00 AM

The red Imperial/Royal Guards from the original toyline is my favorite Star Wars toy... ever

#6 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 08:08 AM

Rounding out the top ten...

6) Vintage Squidhead: I loved this figure when I was a kid, and I still love it! It's a weird alien, with a nice cloth cape and skirt. Squidhead was usually my pilot of choice for the B-Wing!

7) Vintage Chief Chirpa/Logray: I put these two guys together since they were considered the big secret back in the day. I remember on the back of the first ROTJ cards they were blacked-out, but if you held them up to sunlight at the right angle, you could make out a slight outline. Anyway, I had hours of fun playing with these guys!

8) 12"-scale Tauntaun: This toy ROCKS! No cooler accessory to the 12" line has come out before or since! But I thought the Han that came with it sucked, so I just put the clothes on a vintage 12" Han.

9) Chewie Cloud City Escape: This is pretty much the ultimate Chewie! Plenty of articulation (even in the neck!), a fantastic sculpt, and neat accessories (a blaster, and a Threepio with a head and chest that light up)!

10) POTF2 Rancor: Real-feel skin! A gruesome maw full of teeth! Hideous claws! And an ear-ring!!! What more do you need in a toy?!

-Nathan

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 10:40 AM

11.) Princess Leia by RealDoll! :) (just kidding!)

#8 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 04:01 PM

jabba the hutt playset because you could incorporate loads of toys to make the scene eg max reebo band, rancor, skiff guards, boba fett, han solo in carbonite. Of course the whole happy scene came to an end once i introduced my 2nd favorite.....the AT-AT! The empire were quite effective at bustin' up a drug fuelled party. :)
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#9 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Rocks and Bugs and Things, Mordles, Robo Force, Glyos, Manglors

Posted 14 November 2002 - 12:36 PM

My fave Star Wars toy - the Imperial Attack Base. It had a collapsing walkway, an exploding ice wall...the playset outlived my interest in Star Wars.

Others in no real order:
2 Removeable Helmet Vader. A dream come true.
3 The B-Wing Fighter. loved it when I finally got one.
4 The Imperial Shuttle - it was as big as me.
5 the Death Star playset - three levels of fun.
6 The original Cantina Bar playset. same as the Butch Cassidy bar, but who knew that at the time?
7 The Droid Factory. Bought one a few years ago and wasn;t as impressed, but fond memories....
8 Slave One - an awesome ship in any toyline.
9 Snowspeeder - another great ship
At-At - a huge mofo
Ewok Village - a nice non-military playset
Grand Moff Tarken - Peter Cushing. NISM?
Biggs Darklighter - twenty year but they finally made him. See also: Porkins
Wampa and Luke 2 pack
The new X-Wing. really nice.

DoctorKent
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
Returning to your toy stories - 2013.
www.toyfinity.com

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com