222 replies to this topic

#176 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:35 AM

I'd try out for a voice but I'm UBER shy when it comes to recording myself. x_x;; I don't think I can do any of the G1 voices though. My voice isn't girly enough to do a female role and my voice isn't deep enough to do any of the Chojin. Argh.

Arn't you an actress?

If your voice is a bit unique, Nachi could work... or if it sounds a bit like a... feminine guy, there's Doc and Mac's San Franciscan Cousins.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#177 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:55 AM

Arn't you an actress?

If your voice is a bit unique, Nachi could work... or if it sounds a bit like a... feminine guy, there's Doc and Mac's San Franciscan Cousins.

Not really. I just like doing impressions for friends. XD I would like to be a voice actress someday.

lmao.. Nachi..

I'm better at the Nisei voices.

#178 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:46 AM

If you'd like to VO, NOW IS THE TIME.

I've VO'd a couple of times; once for a project that fell through, and once for a college class's final project. My ages at the time? 18 and 19. I do believe those are close to your age?

I'm POSITIVE you'll be fine for at least some roles-- we don't have to have the voices 'just like' the Ultimate Muscle dub-- the voices are there simply to speak the words and be intelligible-- or in what may be my Terryman attempt, inarguably Southern, but unintelligible to 90% of the people who hear the line.

Now getting a quality audio recording, though... well, I don't expect most of these to be very good, honestly.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#179 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:56 AM

KnuxieChan Posted on Aug 25 2006, 10:55 AM
  I would like to be a voice actress someday.

lmao.. Nachi..

Well, then it's settled:

Kinnikuman Movie 6: Crisis in New York

Featuring:
Knuxie Chan as "Nachiguron"

/cheer :unsure:

Edited by Sooperkreep, 25 August 2006 - 12:18 PM.

Check out some of my Custom Action Figures.(Non-UM related.)
http://www.toymania....cc14/ffxi.shtml

http://sooperkreep.deviantart.com/

"I accept cash, credit, checks or your broken bones."
-Checkmate

#180 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:19 PM

Well, then it's settled:

Kinnikuman Movie 6: Crisis in New York

Featuring:
Knuxie Chan as "Nachiguron"

/cheer :unsure:

That's true. I am 19 now.

And I didn't say I was gonna pick that role! XDD

#181 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:45 PM

Hahah :unsure:

So sad nobody understands poor, Nachi.

-Checkmate

#182 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, anime/manga (especially Kinnikuman Nisei/Ultimate Muscle)...that's it, I think. XD

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:03 PM

C'mon Knuxie! I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm willing for the sake of Kinnikuman fandom.

And speaking of me being willing; I'm breaking down and putting up my half-attempt to voice the Segii Chojins. Laugh, consider, laugh some more, do what you will with the knowledge. ^^;

Yousendit file: Has Ramenman, Brocken Jr., and Terryman's first line. xD

#183 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:30 PM

Brocken sounds a bit more French than German.. XD

Hmmm. If you raised your voice a little more, you could probably pull off Meat's Japanese voice.

>__>

I'll record some voice clips as soon as no one's home. *really hates doing UM impressions when her parents are around*

#184 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:56 PM

You refering to Maddie Blaunstein (who does Meowth, Wally and Yugi's grandfather)? According to her in the Serebii forums (a Pokemon forum) she's transgender or something like that.

*just reread the thread for info*

... WHUUUUUTTT? O__O Maddie is female? But.. the voice.. it's.. manly! I've heard him speaking in his normal voice!.. I always wondered why the sites online said 'she'! (She was definetly born male..with that kind of voice!)

I'm dumbfounded!

... Wow. No wonder Rhi and I can do Croe's voice.

Edited by KnuxieChan, 26 August 2006 - 12:00 AM.

#185 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:20 PM

Chibibee Posted on Aug 25 2006, 02:03 PM

And speaking of me being willing; I'm breaking down and putting up my half-attempt to voice the Segii Chojins. Laugh, consider, laugh some more, do what you will with the knowledge. ^^;

Yousendit file: Has Ramenman, Brocken Jr., and Terryman's first line. xD 

Thank you VERY much, Chibibee! B) It's a special day indeed now that we FINALLY got our 1st submission from a female member of these boards. Now casting these parts suddenly doesn't seem so hopeless to me :D .

-Checkmate

#186 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, anime/manga (especially Kinnikuman Nisei/Ultimate Muscle)...that's it, I think. XD

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:44 PM

Brocken sounds a bit more French than German.. XD Hmmm. If you raised your voice a little more, you could probably pull off Meat's Japanese voice.

Hahaha, I thought so too. *imagines Brocken Jr. in a beret and smoking a cigarette in front of the Eiffel Tower* :lol: You have a point about Meat's voice though, I didn't even think of that when I listened to it.....Maybe I'll try doing one of his script parts, even if they go with a voice more like the dub than the original.

Thank you VERY much, Chibibee! :fop:  It's a special day indeed now that we FINALLY got our 1st submission from a female member of these boards.  Now casting these parts suddenly doesn't seem so hopeless to me :D .

Eh, really?! Well, hopefully we'll get some more female members in it now; the girls may not be the stars in this anime, but even they have to be represented! :roxanne: Maybe some small bits of script featuring the girls would help, if you have any.

Edited by Chibibee, 28 August 2006 - 01:56 PM.

#187 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

Whaddaya call a pigeon with four feet? A STOOLPIGEON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Kinnikuman, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:11 PM

Hey, I'd be glad to perform the theme song. Is it Blazing Kinnikuman, in Movie 6?
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#188 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:47 PM

To ensure proper sync, the title and end credits need to be kept consistant.

#189 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:40 PM

Call me crazy, but I think The Ninja should sound like Solid Snake...
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#190 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:20 PM

I think he should sound like his dub voice?

#191 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:10 PM

Well...but we're not out to imitate the 4Kids cast...

Didn't he KINDA sound like Snake already?

Edited by Checkmate1989, 03 September 2006 - 06:11 PM.

Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#192 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:13 PM

What do I think about the Ninja?

I think he's not in the movie. I think that thread of discussion is fruitless at this point in time.

#193 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:09 AM

Well to help out on some of these questions and end the confussion regarding the cast of characters in this movie. Here's the end all be all cast of characters for Kinnikuman Movie 6: Crisis in New York.

Suguru Kinnikuman
Akuma Shogun
Terryman
Robin Mask
Ramenman
Buffaloman
Brocken Jr
Warsman
Beetlebomb
(Geronimo)
Sosumi(Rikishiman)
Meat
Nachiguron
King Muscle
(Mayumi)
Queen Muscle
Vance McMadd
(Haribote)
Maria
Natsuko
(Terry'sWife)
Skullduggery(Kinkotsuman)
Slab(Iwao)
Skullduggery's Mom
Agent Akaiwa
Yosaku-san the cook
Astronaut#1
Astronaut#2
Doc Nakano/Prof. Madison

Mac Metaphor/Sam Simile
Evil Chojin#1
Evil Chojin#2
Narrator
Spirit of New York City/Freedom
Former US President Ronald Reagan

Most of these characters we've all seen in action at some point in the anime/manga or in the case of Reagan in real life too. If your not sure about how a certain character speaks/acts then research it please or feel free to ask about them right here on this thread. These are ALL the speaking rolls in the film other than them the only other voices heard are those of the cheering fans.

-Checkmate

#194 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:18 AM

Finally got my hands on the completely translated script, everyone!

I must say seeing this film and actually fully understanding it really has me appreciating it even more so. I currently have a direct/clean translation of the film so if someone wants to make a Fan-SUB at some point for this film I can forward a copy to you just PM me whenever.

The actual lip-sync ratio in this film works to our adavntage greatly. Most of what's said is being spoken OFF screen by announcers or the narrator. Akuma Shogun wears a mask so he has no lips to sync up with, not until the very end anyway^^(same w/Robin and Warsman) and alot of what Suguru says is internal monologue. This may actually be easier than I expected it would be!

I gotta re-type this thing though(recieved it via snail mail handwritten) once finished I'll start a new Official auditions topic and link the script to it from there.

Those who are interetsed in participating in any way PLEASE check back here often I want to get this thing casted ASAP! Remember the casting is the fun/easy part its all the audio editing that takes place afterwards that the REAL work begins.

Also, anyone that thinks they can come up with some clever/funny comentary for the wrestling matches should def PM me. The stuff the JP announcers say are straight foward wrestling moves. Not really at the same humor level as the UM Doc and Mac. So if you think you have a good handle on their personalities and can write a good joke or two then you should definately give it a try. :D

(PS to theorgg: I know you have some ideas for the humor/writing dept. PM me your e-mail or post it here if you like so I can send you a script directly.)

-Checkmate

#195 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:53 AM

Yay for scripts! And a lack of lip-syching is even better! :lol: I may be able to pull of a fansub of it with my iMovie program too (don't quote me on this though XD;;; ), how long/big is the movie file so I know what I'm dealing with?

And I'm still into voiceing some of the charcters, hopefully I'll have a decent voice for SOMEONE in the movie. :D

#196 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:42 PM

I've got the audio editing covered with a nice, professional setup.

JKaris has the resynch covered.

The only thing not covered (right now) is redoing the music. It uses mostly 80's style synth music, so I need someone with some patches that match it and who can hear a song and reproduce it.

I believe I can locate sfx that are close to what was used (or simply move ones that are 'solo' in the mix). I've got about six percent of the sfx chopping done.

As for the 'comedic' bits, I'd like to see what everyone says first; the only real humor parts were for Skullduggery and Slab.

#197 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

Nezumi-Otoko for President!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do, Tai Chi, Aikido), manga and anime, drawing mangas, Kurosawa Akira and Woody Allen and Stanley Kubrick films, Japanese food and culture, breathing, Mystery Science Theater 3000, political humor, voice actors, flying by farting, wrestling, and the music of Frank Zappa

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:58 PM

As for the 'comedic' bits, I'd like to see what everyone says first; the only real humor parts were for Skullduggery and Slab.

Yes, please! Don't stray too far from the original script. If it's a Kinnikuman movie it doesn't need "clever" puns to be entertaining, it stands on it's own.

Oh, and keep the original names, too.
Currently Reading: One Piece, Hajime no Ippo, Detective Conan, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman., Nurarihyon no Mago, Kyoukai no Rinne, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, GTO: Shonan 14 Days, Naruto, Bleach, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Rurouni Kenshin, Shamo, Real, BØY, and (whenever I can) KochiKame
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010
"Washi ga Otokojuku jukuchou... Edajima Heihachi de aru!!!!!"

#198 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:12 AM

I think we'll vote on the names. Majority rules and such.

...though if Americanized names are a go, I'd suggest nixing "Beatlebomb" for the original...

#199 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:40 AM

I think we'll vote on the names. Majority rules and such.

...though if Americanized names are a go, I'd suggest nixing "Beatlebomb" for the original...

I'd second that suggestion. *nods*

Beetlebomb, that was the best the dubbers could come up with? Poor Geronimo...

#200 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

Nezumi-Otoko for President!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do, Tai Chi, Aikido), manga and anime, drawing mangas, Kurosawa Akira and Woody Allen and Stanley Kubrick films, Japanese food and culture, breathing, Mystery Science Theater 3000, political humor, voice actors, flying by farting, wrestling, and the music of Frank Zappa

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:03 AM

U-Ra-Ra!! Vote "No" on Proposition: Calling Geronimo "Beetlebomb"!! Woo-hoo!! This dub just looked a little better to me (Skullduggery and Vance McMadd are pretty stupid names too, though)!

So, if he's called Geronimo, that means who ever plays him shouldn't do that Ringo Starr crap, right?

Oh, and by the way. Akaiwa is actually called Gobugari in the anime... and that's Kinkotsuman's great-grandmother, not his mother.

Edited by Chyojin Showtime, 16 September 2006 - 08:26 AM.

Currently Reading: One Piece, Hajime no Ippo, Detective Conan, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman., Nurarihyon no Mago, Kyoukai no Rinne, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, GTO: Shonan 14 Days, Naruto, Bleach, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Rurouni Kenshin, Shamo, Real, BØY, and (whenever I can) KochiKame
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010
"Washi ga Otokojuku jukuchou... Edajima Heihachi de aru!!!!!"

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com