7 replies to this topic

#1 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 04:01 PM

Well I'm bored and I need to complain about something so here's my rant. Why do people insist on labeling their auctions RARE, when in fact they are selling the most overabundant item on the market. There should be a rule against this. I am sick of people making half assed efforts to sell overstock by putting RARE in their item title.
Another thing that gets on my nerves is when someone lists their item as MINT and the picture shows that some of their MUSCLES have obviously had a lighter taken to them or have been rolled through the mud. Ok done for now
Cry in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield

#2 csmhoff

csmhoff

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 12:35 AM

well said, ebay's great but they need moderators to check listings. So many peope keep putting crud ladybird books and odd stuff in the action figures sections, some weeks 1/2 the listings are of rubbish like that. And how can something suposedly rare go for a few dollars- ultra rare and irreplacable, what they should say is - common object that i havnt a clue in- highly damaged missing all features and a waste of everybodies time! rich

#3 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 05:26 AM

What ticks me off is when they say something like:

"Loose MOTU Merman! Mint and complete. Missing his sword."

If it was complete, it wouldn't be missing its sword! WTF?!

-Nathan

#4 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 06:00 AM

I just saw a G.I. Joe Zartan with Swamp Skier listed on ebay as "Brand New Mint In Box." In the pic though he is out of the box on the skier. MIB my arse. WTF!!! B)

Some people! B)

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#5 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 26 July 2002 - 06:16 AM

I guess ebay just leaves it up to the seller and buyers.

There cant be that many people that buy into bad listing and description. But it is irratating. Ive seen muscle listed in excelent conditions and some have taken 3 different color to there feet and possibly a couple missing a limb.

What do you think about the buyers being able to get an auction pulled because of bad listing.

ie if 5 people complain because the description and title dont match what they are actully selling. Someone from ebay checks it and if it is valid yank the auction.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 07:19 AM

ie if 5 people complain because the description and title dont match what they are actully selling. Someone from ebay checks it and if it is valid yank the auction.

That already happens.

#7 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 07:31 AM

No doubt! B) When I see crap like that i just wounder if the people who are bidding on it actually believe the fraudlent description? B) But we all know that somePeople will say/do anything to maove an item.. B)

- theCrazyEst

..must have new KiNNiKuMaN Muscle Shot update for Andriod..
KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 07:32 AM

Personally, I don't give a rat's arse how some one lists their item. My thought is that if someone is dumb enough to not check out the picture very carefully, or ask questions, then it is their own fault if they get less than they ASSUMED it was. Grading is a matter of perspective. If the picture is not clear, then ask the seller for more detailed pictures or ask specific questions. If you can't get a detailed view of the iem, then don't bid. And if the seller outright lies, send it back for a refund or leave NEGATIVE feedback. Simple as that. Alot of people will hype up an auction to get more $$ out of it. And mint to one person is very good to another. I don't like to use "mint" unless it just came out of the package or is still in the package. Otherwise for stuff I would rate as mint I always use the term "excellent condition" which covers a broad spectrum. I also like to take detailed pictures. A clear, large picture says it all. It also gets you top dollar for your auction. Never assume anything with eBay, always ask questions.

-Johnny

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com