MARVEL Handful of Heroes Contest!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:25 PM

Marvel Handful of Heroes Contest!!!
Guess the next Wave of characters before they are out!

Maybe I'm jumping ahead! It could be till next year before we see a new Wave of Marvel Handful of Heroes, but lets for the moment assume the line is successful, and we will in fact get a second Wave! So far we have possibly 2 new sculpts revealed for the next Wave, Onslaught & Raised Arm Hulk! And one out of place recolor of Gladiator Hulk! :o Will we get 40 new sculpts? Or 20 new Sculpts with 20 recolors? Or will we get 40 new Sculpts and tons of recolors?!! Who knows!

So here is your chance to test your guesstimation abilities! Can you Predict what new Heroes and Villains will pop up in this new wave!!!?? Well we are here to find out! ;)

WHAT ARE THE RULES!!!????

1): All entries must be P.M.ed to me with Subject Title "Handful of Heroes Contest!!!" (This will help me keep my P.M.s organized, so I don't accidentally delete or lose your entry.) Only 1 Entry per Member please!
2): All entrants must Post in this thread that they have P.M.ed me their List! (this ensures Topic activity and continued interest for other entries) I will not accept your list unless you do so, it's easy to do, so there's no reason not to! ;)
3): Each Correct Guess will equal 1 point. We are assuming Wave 2 will have 40 new figures. (since the 2 new sculpts mentioned above are not confirmed, you can still use them as a guess!)
4): Hero and Villain Entries must be exact to receive a full point for each guess! Half Guesses will gain a .5 score.
Example: **"#25 = Hulk" will only receive a .5 score if a Hulk sculpt is in the second wave and is not a basic Hulk sculpt. Examples of non standard Hulks would be "Zombie Hulk", Or "Maestro Hulk", etc.. The first 40 New Sculpt guesses will only apply to New Sculpts and not repacked Wave 1 sculpts.
5): I will accept a maximum of 40 new sculpt guesses for a total possible score of 40 points! However assuming that there are recolored sculpts from Wave 1 included I will also be accepting a secondary list of 20 recolored guesses! Example: **"#12 = Gladiator Hulk in Blue" each guess will only receive a .5 score for a possible total of 10 points! So you have a chance to get 50 total points! This second list is not mandatory, and you can guess any number of guesses under the maximum accepted number under each list.
6): But wait URS!! What if your wrong!? What if a new Wave is never released and Handful of Heroes is a major flop!? Don't worry! ;) I've got you covered! I myself will be writing up my own list of guesses! In the event that Hasbro cancels the line before a second wave is announced or released, all entries will be compared to my personal list. The 3 members with the highest score in comparison with my list will each receive a Cancellation Consolation prize!
7): How long will the contest run? The contest will run and accept new entrants until part of the Second Wave figures are confirmed and or released. This could be till next year! Who knows? But once any new sculpts are revealed to the public confirmed as Second Wave figures I will no longer accept new entries.
8): Once Wave 2 is completely revealed or released all entries will be posted and graded publicly.
9): In the event that Hasbro neither releases any new waves of Handful of Heroes, or for some reason does not provide any new information on the line giving a hint to it's cancellation and demise, I will post that no new entries will be accepted, and proceed to grade the entries received.
10): Optional::: If you want to add some fun to the contest, try guessing the exact colors of each new figure! We don't know if Hasbro will stick with the original color palette for Wave 1, but heck who knows! Colors to choose from (Light Blue, Dark Green, Black, Yellow, Light Green, Dark Red, Light Red, Dark Blue, Lavender, and Maroon) No prize given, but you will win bragging rights for your extra guessing abilities. :unsure:
11): WARNING!!! Foreign members not living in the United States are welcome to play! However cost of shipping prizes to foreign lands could prove difficult, and an unnecessary expense on my part. :lol: So it should be known, that if a foreign member has a winning entry, I will try my best to find the cheapest shipping method for you, however if the expense proves too high, I will have no choice but to limit your prize, or forfeit your prize to the second scoring entry. In the event that a prize is shipped to a foreign member (or any member to be exact), I in no way am responsible for loss or damage of said prize. Sorry guys, nothing personal. The size and weight of the products in question should not prove too difficult, however please be aware of the possibility.

So what am I willing to offer for this seemingly simple Contest?

(At least 10 entries must be accepted by Contests end.)

First Place Prize!!!: First Place winner will receive 3 sealed Packs of Marvel Handful of Heroes (Wave 1 or 2, depends on what's available to me at the time)

Second Place Prize!!!: So you didn't win! For your consolation you will receive 1 sealed Pack of Marvel Handful of Heroes!!! :p Your not a loser after all!

Third Place Consolation Prize!!!: You didn't win, but you did okay! You will get 6 loose Marvel Handful of Heroes of my choice just cause I like you, and a mini insert poster! :lol:

The Dreaded Cancellation Consolation Prize!!!: In the event that Hasbro cancels the Handful of Heroes line, and a second wave is never released, I will send 6 loose Handful of Heroes figures of my choice to the 3 top scoring members who's guess lists most match my personal guess list! Why such a smaller prize URS? Well there wouldn't really be a right answer! So essentially the winners may not have won the real First 3 Prizes!

If anyone else for some reason would like to contribute to the prize pool feel free! However it should be understood that You (the contributor) and NOT I, will be responsible for your contribution and it's delivery to the respective winner.

So How should your entries look? Below I am providing you a simple template to go by for your guesses! However I will accept any template, so if you want to be creative fine! Want to write or draw your entry then scan and P.M. it to me whatever! Go for it. :D

New Sculpt Guesses!

Recolored Sculpt Guesses!

Any problems? Concerns? Questions? Confusion? Feel free to post and ask, I will try my best to clarify! Also if you would like to publicly discuss this contest and post in this thread feel free! Talk about characters and figures you would like to see! And remember you don't have to collect or even like Handful of Heroes to enter, And if for any reason you want to play, but don't want a prize then let me know. Either way get them entries in soon, cause we all know how Unpredictable Hasbro can be. ;)

Posted Image

#2 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:59 AM

Well, uh... let's see... I guess...

Mickey Mouse
Donald Duck
Aladdin
Snow White

Nah, I'm kidding. Sounds like an interesting game. I'll have to think about it for sure, though I'm sure some of the characters I like wont be finding their way into any of the sets, unless it runs for 10 waves or something and they start running out of characters.

Why doesn't anyone like Man-Thing?
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#3 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:05 AM

Just like wave 1 was all Hulks, this one will be all Mickeys.

I will try to enter this contest, and win it.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#4 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:50 AM

Cool, thanks guys for trying. Really there is some good thinking skills needed. Hasbro seems to stick to the most popular characters, but occasional and for little to no reason throws some less known character out there.

And Airot, I would sooooo love a Man-Thing figure in this set!

Posted Image

#5 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:56 AM

I am so entering this, it's the best idea for a contest in forever and URS, you are the WIN.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#6 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

Hey, hey, I just remembered what I meant to post in my last post; if I win and it costs too much to post the prize to me, instead of forfeiting the prize, can I just pay part/all the postage cost?

#7 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:22 AM

Yeah, that is completely optional. But as mentioned, I will attempt to find the cheapest shipping method first. :pardon:

Posted Image

#8 ireland30

ireland30

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:49 AM

I just P.M.ed my list over. Hopefully they keep this line alive for a long time!

#9 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:35 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask this as well; should we include onslaught and raised arm hulk in the lists, or not? Seeing as we've seen them, they're probably going to be in a set so they would probably wind up counting as free points.

I think it would probably be better to not allow their inclusion in the list. I don't know though, there's a chance they may just be discarded prototypes, so in the end, who knows if they would be free points or dead weight?

#10 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:50 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask this as well; should we include onslaught and raised arm hulk in the lists, or not? Seeing as we've seen them, they're probably going to be in a set so they would probably wind up counting as free points.

I think it would probably be better to not allow their inclusion in the list. I don't know though, there's a chance they may just be discarded prototypes, so in the end, who knows if they would be free points or dead weight?

I left that as optional with the word "Possibly" in the first paragraph. So You can include them, or not! There's nothing wrong with a few free points, cause you know at least everyone has the chance to get a few starter points. ;) As for dead weight figures, I doubt it. There was a reason Hasbro put Onslaught on the back of that card, and in the very middle. Whether he is a Wave 1 Chase figure, or a Wave 2 exclusive, I'm pretty sure he will be popping up somewhere.

Thanks for the good questions!

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 17 September 2009 - 02:50 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Jinrail

Jinrail

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:23 PM

List sent.
I will continue to hold out hope for my Sleepwalker and Cobweb figures. Ha!
The city is not a concrete jungle, it is a human zoo.

#12 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:34 AM

Just a heads up folks! And a reminder of the contest.... I know alot of us still havn't seen these guys in stores, so I can understand the lack of interest.

But Thanks to jharrop123 for the heads up on Entertainment Earth listing Handful of Heroes wave 2 up for preorder! Preorder is set for January 2010, so we may have little more than a couple months left on this contest.

Posted Image

#13 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

Fun stuff! I've just sent you my list.

#14 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

Really? Nobody wants a chance to get free toys? :unsure: Only 3 entrants. This contest is only getting a short window of opportunity to continue. 3 new sculpts have already been revealed. That's not many, and I won't say who. But if anymore images start popping up with new figures I will close the contest. I need 7 more entries. The release date is planned for January, but we know that usually means December or something. :woot:

Hey! I have no problem keeping the prizes if I have to. :rolleyes: So you better enter now.

Posted Image

#15 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:55 PM

Alright. I'm putting an end date on the contest January 1st. Unless they start hitting shelves before then, but as of now, all entries must be accepted by January the 1st. I still need 7 entrants.

You guys suck. :o

Posted Image

#16 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:02 PM

too...much...effort... laziness...taking...over...muuuaaaggghhhh!

:woot:

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#17 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:37 PM

Well, guess that's it. Nobody else entered. Thanks to the 3 of you guys who did send in your guesses. :)

I didn't realize guessing 40 characters was so much of a chore. :lol: I mean, it's not like you guys had to paint or build custom figures then send em in. :lol:

Anywho, for the fun of it I will post my list, and the 3 entrants.

My Guesses:

New Sculpt Guesses!
#01 Red Skull (Dark Red)
#02 Iron Spider-Man
#03 Carnage
#04 Omega Red

#05 Thanos (Lavender)
#06 Gladiator
#07 Dragon Man
#08 Sentinel

#09 Thor (Yellow)
#10 Iron Man Dikto Mask
#11 Modok
#12 Onslaught

#13 Apocalypse (Dark Blue)
#14 Mr. Sinister
#15 Arch-Angel
#16 Bullseye

#17 Maestro (Light Green)
#18 Incredible Hulk
#19 Mysterio
#20 Electro

#21 Man-Thing (Dark Green)
#22 Vulture
#23 Leader
#24 Titanium Man

#25 Mr. Fantastic (Light Blue)
#26 Invisible Woman
#27 Mystique
#28 Namor

#29 Human Torch (Light Red)
#30 Dare Devil
#31 Spider-Man
#32 Tarantula

#33 U.S. Agent (Black)
#34 Punisher
#35 Spider-Man Black Costume
#36 Storm

#37 Phoenix (Maroon)
#38 Electra
#39 Giant Man
#40 The Falcon

#01 Classic Hulk (Dark Blue)
#02 Gladiator Hulk
#03 Abomination
#04 World War Hulk

#05 Classic Iron Man (Light Blue)
#06 Spiderman
#07 Iron Man
#08 Spiderman crawling

#09 Wolverine Classic (Yellow)
#10 Spiderman
#11 Wolverine Astonishing
#12 Captain America

#13 Red Hulk (Light Red)
#14 Juggernaut
#15 Iron Man Hulkbuster
#16 Ufoes Xray

#17 Magneto (Maroon)
#18 Colossus
#19 Angel
#20 DeadPool

Guesses from ireland30

New Sculpt Guesses!
#01 Red Onslaught
#02 Red "Red" Skull
#03 Red Human Torch
#04 Red Mr. Sinister
#05 Red Daredevil
#06 Red Omega Red

#07 Dark Blue Archangel
#08 Dark Blue Thanos
#09 Dark Blue Crossed Arm Wolverine
#10 Dark Blue Cable
#11 Dark Blue Dr. Strange

#12 Black Punisher
#13 Black Storm
#14 Black "Black Costume" Spiderman
#15 Black Blade
#16 Black "Black" Cat
#17 Black Ghost Rider
#18 Black Ultron

#19 Green Raised Arm Hulk
#20 Green Iron Fist
#21 Green Scorpion
#22 Green She-Hulk
#23 Green WW2 Captain America

#24 Yellow Sub Mariner
#25 Yellow Weapon X Wolverine
#26 Yellow Gambit
#27 Yellow Sandman
#28 Yellow Vision
#29 Yellow Loki

#30 White Invisible Woman
#31 White Silver Surfer
#32 White Iceman
#33 White Moon Knight

#34 Blue perching Spiderman
#35 Blue Thor
#36 Blue Bullseye
#37 Blue Mr. Fantastic

#38 Grey Business Suit Hulk
#39 Maroon Ufoes Vector
#40 Maroon Falcon

#01 White Angel
#02 White Cyclops
#03 White Iron Man
#04 White Venom
#05 White Classic Wolverine

#06 Grey Classic Hulk
#07 Grey Beast
#08 Grey Rhino
#09 Grey War Machine
#10 Grey Crawling Spiderman

#11 Pink Wolverine
#12 Pink Hawkeye
#13 Pink Sabretooth
#14 Pink Black Panther
#15 Pink "Web armpit" Spiderman

#16 Orange Captain America
#17 Orange Gladiator Hulk
#18 Orange Dr Doom
#19 Orange Juggernaut
#20 Orange Nick Fury

Guesses from Jinrail

New Sculpt Guesses!
#01 Human Torch
#02 Daredevil
#03 Bullseye
#04 Cable
#05 Apocalypse
#06 Astonishing Cyclops (new hooded costume)
#07 Black suit Spider-Man
#08 The Lizard
#09 The Hood
#10 Plain Clothes Wolverine
#11 Taskmaster
#12 Constrictor
#13 Super Skrull
#14 Mr. Fix-It Hulk
#15 Thor
#16 Ironman 2040
#17 Silver Surfer
#18 Thanos
#19 Ronin
#20 Daken
#21 Man-Thing
#22 Titanium Man
#23 Punisher
#24 Jigsaw
#25 King of Latveria Doom
#26 Iron Spider-Man
#27 Hobgoblin
#28 Winter Soldier
#29 Bucky-Captain America
#30 WWII Captain America
#31 Captain Britain
#32 Gambit
#33 Ka-Zar
#34 Reaper (Wonder-Man's brother)
#35 A-Bomb (Rick Jones Abomination)
#36 Doc Samson
#37 Ghost Rider (Blaze)
#38 Ghost Rider (Ketch)
#39 Sleepwalker
#40 Cobweb

Guesses from Nyarlathotep

New Sculpt Guesses!!!
1.Ant-Man
2.Blackheart
3.Blackout
4.Captain America
5.Captain Marvel
6.Carnage
7.Daredevil
8.Dark Spider-Man
9.Deathlok
10.Doctor Strange
11.Gambit
12.Ghost Rider
13.Hawkeye
14.Human Torch
15.Iceman
16.Jean Grey
17.Living Tribunal
18.Moon Knight
19.Morbius
20.Mr. Fantastic
21.Mystique
22.Onslaught
23.Professor X
24.Psylocke
25.Raised arm Hulk
26.Red Hulk
27.Rogue
28.Scarlet Witch
29.Sentinel
30.She-Hulk
31.Silver Surfer
32.Storm
33.Sub-Mariner
34.Susan Storm
35.Thanos
36.The Punisher
37.Thor
38.Toad
39.Vengeance
40.Werewolf by Night

Some great guesses guys! Thanks for being sports and entering. I still hope to see who got the most right, even though the contest was a flop. :) I have to say, it's interesting how some of us thought so much alike. It's a shame more people didn't enter, cause as you can see, quite a few guesses between the 4 of us were the same.

Posted Image

#18 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:43 PM

Some great guesses guys! Thanks for being sports and entering. I still hope to see who got the most right, even though the contest was a flop. :) I have to say, it's interesting how some of us thought so much alike. It's a shame more people didn't enter, cause as you can see, quite a few guesses between the 4 of us were the same.

Shame you didn't get the entries, but it was fun anyhoo. ^_^ I'm still quite curious how it will turn out as well. I'm not much in the know on the line, I hope you or someone will be able to post a list when it is known so we can compare.

Edit: Some of mine were totally wishful thinking, I think (Living Tribunal?). However, I would have totally included Mysterio if I had thought of it. :)

Edited by Nyarlathotep, 02 January 2010 - 07:48 PM.

#19 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:33 PM

I thought some of you guys had great guesses, and I actually thought I had put some characters in my list, like Fix-It Hulk and Ghost Rider, but I apparently didn't. ^_^

I don't know about you guys, but I had quite a time deciding who I thought would be best suited to fill out this next wave. I kept removing names and adding new ones once I thought of them. I actually thought of the characters on my list in accordance with the available colors. Like Thanos to me would have made sense in Lavender, and Black Costume Spidey in black.

Ireland30 had the most common guesses compared to my list at 18 matches, but he also had the most in common between all 4 of us at 29! So maybe I should be saying I had 18 in common with his list. :D I was very pleased with how many similar guesses there were between 2 or more of us, but also excited to see so many unique guesses as well. Out of 160 possible slots, any of which could have been chosen from over 5000 characters these were the results.

Common Guesses between the 4 of us: This isn't intended to be a score, but to reflect common guesses.
Ireland30 = 29 common guesses
URS (me) = 26
Nyarlathotep = 22
Jinrail = 18

Characters guessed:

Four guesses: 6
Thanos
Thor
Human Torch
DareDevil
Punisher
Spider-Man (Black Costume)

Three guesses: 9
Onslaught (Irrelevent?)
Bullseye
Hulk
Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman/Susan Storm
Namor/Sub Mariner
Storm
Silver Surfer
Gambit

Two guesses: 20
Red Skull
Iron Spider-Man
Carnage
Omega Red
Sentinel
Apocalypse
Mr. Sinister
Arch-Angel
Man-Thing
Titanium Man
Mystique
Spider-Man
Falcon
Cable
Mr. Fix-It (Hulk Trenchcoat)
She-Hulk
WW2 Captain America
Moon Knight
Dr. Strange
Ice-Man

Exception: 1
Ghost Rider (Blaze or Ketch?) - Either Blaze got 2 or 3, or Ketch got 2 or 3, 2 guesses were unspecified to the character, and yes they are different.

Unique guesses: 65
Gladiator
Dragon Man
Iron Man Dikto Mask
Modok
Maestro
Mysterio
Electro
Vulture
Leader
Tarantula
U.S. Agent
Phoenix
Electra
Giant Man
Wolverine
Blade
Black Cat
Ultron
Iron Fist
Scorpion
Weapon X Wolverine
Sandman
Vision
Loki
Ufoes Vector
Astonishing Cyclops (new hooded costume)
The Lizard
The Hood
Plain Clothes Wolverine
Taskmaster
Constrictor
Super Skrull
Ironman 2040
Ronin
Daken
Jigsaw
King of Latveria Doom
Hobgoblin
Winter Soldier
Bucky-Captain America
Captain Britain
Ka-Zar
Reaper (Wonder-Man's brother)
A-Bomb (Rick Jones Abomination)
Doc Samson
Sleepwalker
Cobweb
Ant-Man
Blackheart
Blackout
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Deathlok
Hawkeye
Jean Grey
Living Tribunal
Morbius
Professor X
Psylocke
Red Hulk
Rogue
Scarlet Witch
Toad
Vengeance
Werewolf by Night

Pretty good odds considering, and I believe quite a few of our choices will turn out to be figures in wave 2. I'm just hoping we get 40 new sculpts, and they don't go mixing half old and half new. :) If they put any old sculpts in this wave, they better be new colors, so I feel justified in purchasing them. Either way I can't wait to see which if any of us had the most correct answers. :) I'm actually hoping its dead even. :D

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 02 January 2010 - 09:38 PM.

Posted Image

#20 MrMunkeepants

MrMunkeepants

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:22 AM

aw, contest closed :( I didn't even see these guys until January, let alone pick any up. now I can't wait for an excuse to go to town and look for new ones!
I thought I'd make a list anyway; it ended up at around 60, but these are the ones I think would be most appropriate to get collectors on board. of course we aren't the target demo, just an extra market, so who knows what the toy makers will decide.

Spider-Man: Marvel has been publishing a streamlined retelling of the Clone Saga, and this year's SM event the Gauntlet is supposed to be the return of the classic enemies.
Scarlet Spider (red)
Symbiote Spidey (black)
Black Cat (black)
Vulture (green)
Sandman (green)
Electro (green)
Mysterio (green)
Kraven (yellow)

X-men: Emma has been big in Dark Reign, Rogue in Nation X, and Cable in Messiah CompleX (which has it's finale this year)
Emma Frost (white)
Ice Man (light blue)
Storm (black)
Rogue (green)
Cable (blue)
Angel (remold in light blue)

Hulk: major Fall of the hulks characters, and Herc took over the Incredible title while Hulk was off planet + stars in the Storming Olympus event
Leader (green)
MODOK (yellow or purple)
She-hulk (green)
Red She-hulk (red)
Skaar (light green)
Hercules (yellow)

Avengers: all big players in Dark Reign & Siege
Ares (yellow)
Iron Patriot (blue IM remold)
Sentry (yellow)
Thor (blue)
Thor with Cape (red)
Loki (green)
Dakken (yellow)
Ms Marvel (black or yellow for modern costume)

Knights: all have/will be in movies, plus some had symbols on the wave 1 play mat. just a classic group
Daredevil (red or yellow)
Elektra (red)
Punisher (black)
Kingpin (white)
Black Widow (black)
Doctor Strange (red)
Ghost Rider (red or black)

Fantastic Four: founding family. surprised these didn't make it into wave 1
Reed Richards (blue)
Invisible Woman (blue)
Human Torch (red)
Silver Surfer (white)
Namor (yellow)

Edited by MrMunkeepants, 22 January 2010 - 01:23 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com