Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Halloween Custom/costume challenge!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

Welcome to an offshoot challenge, Costumes and Customs! This is a dual-theme: you can either make an LRG-themed costume (not storebought), or make a custom figure with a halloween theme. Will run September and October.
Posted Image

#2 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

Crap does my son's costume for last year count? What if we build on it & he uses it this year?

Attached File  Logan_Costume.JPG   3.23MB   42 downloads

EDIT: Oh yeah we ran out of time to find an actual skeleton outfit that would work better than the one he had so yeah I wanna build on it!

EDIT II: This guy's dressed like a zombie!

Attached File  Zombie16.jpg   278.69K   33 downloads

Edited by l.designs, 03 September 2009 - 10:40 PM.

#3 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

Anyone else working on one of these? I've got my Emperor Zombie (Amazing screw-on head) setup about finished, and was thinking of doing a second, time permitting.
Posted Image

#4 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:01 PM

Nice! A Kinkotsuman costume! Someone's raising their kids right :lol:

I didn't see this thread earlier, sounds like fun. I'm not too experienced in customs, but perhaps I can get my MUSCLEs ready for Halloween :lol:

#5 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2307 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:34 AM

Kind of a last minute idea, threw this together using cardboard and spray paint.

Since the proportions are not exact to the sculpt, and the arms are kind of gimpy (enabling me to use my hands while wearing it)
I am calling him SD Sunshine, as in Slightly Deformed.

Attached Files

#6 nevdog81

nevdog81

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Vintage video games, Football cards, comics pre-1999, Most action figures from the 1970- early 1990's.

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:52 AM

WOW!!! That is awesome!!!! That Sunshine costume is BA!
If you showed up at my door with that on I would have to give you all my candy!!!

Edited by nevdog81, 01 November 2009 - 10:53 AM.

#7 ChristianG

ChristianG

Delete me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

The sunshine does kick bottom. Great idea.

#8 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2307 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

Alot of little kids were to frightened to take candy from me while I was wearing this thing. Others were even more frightened as I stomped around the neighborhood smoking cigarettes out the mask.
Also, my girlfriend being painted up like King Diamond dismayed a few parents, haha.

Afterwards, the feet were a bit deformed from walking through soggy grass and such. As I no longer had use for the costume, I gave it to my nephew to play with. He is not much taller than the mid-piece himself, so it was pretty funny to see him walking around in it.

Attached Files

#9 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:30 PM

Alot of little kids were to frightened to take candy from me while I was wearing this thing. Others were even more frightened as I stomped around the neighborhood smoking cigarettes out the mask.
Also, my girlfriend being painted up like King Diamond dismayed a few parents, haha.

Afterwards, the feet were a bit deformed from walking through soggy grass and such. As I no longer had use for the costume, I gave it to my nephew to play with. He is not much taller than the mid-piece himself, so it was pretty funny to see him walking around in it.

Fuzz that costume is an awesome job mate , well done :sweat:

wish we had Halloween here

so how long did it take you to make?
you should leave a rough guide to making it I'm sure it would come into some good use for others on the forums , god i love it , it just kicks ass!

Mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#10 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2307 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:04 PM

It took about a day to construct, with most of that time spent waiting for the paint to dry enough for me to put the lines on with a marker.

It was really a last minute thing, so I cut alot of corners aesthetically. It was basically slapped together with cardboard, duct tape, and spray paint.

I should try to make one in the future that is more accurate to scale. If that occurs I shall take photos marking the stages of production.

Sunshine is probably one of the easiest to constuct in that fashion, due to his general box like shape. If you can find a box that fits over your torso, you are essentially halfway there, design-wise.

I may attempt to make a different Kinniku-based costume next time. I think an Ashuraman costume would be really cool. Especially with a spinning head.

#11 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:17 PM

I may attempt to make a different Kinniku-based costume next time. I think an Ashuraman costume would be really cool. Especially with a spinning head.

heck yeah! Now you just need to make your head spin a 360....

#12 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2307 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:05 AM

I think I shall just make the mask spin. Otherwise, it would be a terrible strain on the neck.

#13 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:31 AM

It took about a day to construct, with most of that time spent waiting for the paint to dry enough for me to put the lines on with a marker.

It was really a last minute thing, so I cut alot of corners aesthetically. It was basically slapped together with cardboard, duct tape, and spray paint.

I should try to make one in the future that is more accurate to scale. If that occurs I shall take photos marking the stages of production.

Sunshine is probably one of the easiest to constuct in that fashion, due to his general box like shape. If you can find a box that fits over your torso, you are essentially halfway there, design-wise.

Well i certainly look forward to seeing it when it happens , like i said i thought it was a wonderful idea and a great job in constructing it.

Mischa

#14 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:45 AM

I agree Fuzz, that costume is one of the coolest things EVER!!!!

#15 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:31 PM

I agree Fuzz, that costume is one of the coolest things EVER!!!!

Like everyone else said, that is really really sweet looking.
If that was just something you threw together, I can only imagine how cool it would be if you took some time with it.

wish we had Halloween here

Mischa, I don't see why you shouldn't.
As far as I know, commercialization and candy companies aren't strictly an American thing. :rolleyes:

Just throw on a costume and start knocking on doors.
As long as you don't "dress up" as a crazy boar hunter with large knives you should be okay.

#16 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:17 AM

Mischa, I don't see why you shouldn't.
As far as I know, commercialization and candy companies aren't strictly an American thing. :lol:

Just throw on a costume and start knocking on doors.
As long as you don't "dress up" as a crazy boar hunter with large knives you should be okay.

Yeah, i guess i could whip out the knife , go door knocking and place the knife to someones throat as they answer the door and demand lollies.
but don't expect to see me again in 9 to 12.

anyway good to hear from you Doctor Dew

Edited by GRANDTHEFT, 03 November 2009 - 05:18 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com