243 replies to this topic

#201 Eilonwe

Eilonwe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:20 AM

In regards to these two new lines...why can't i make myself stop wanting to buy these Fizz & Find lines?

I hear that. I got the puppies and kittens, too, just to see what they looked like. I'm not going to collect the kittens (cute though), but one of the puppies is a brown dachshund named Oscar. I grew up with a brown dachshund named Oscar. Must have.

Seriously, i even kinda half tried talking my wife into collecting the Fairies or Mermaids, just so i could see what they looked like. It didn't work. :unknw:

*whistles innocently and tosses some surprises in your package*

#202 Eilonwe

Eilonwe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:31 AM

Annnnnnnnnnnd pictures. Wasn't sure I was gonna do this tonight, but I'm still awake enough.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Because you know you care about these two.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah, that last one is a sign that I need to get to bed.

#203 Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:58 PM

I have an extra Typhon and Tornada to trade or sell...I need two Ice Dragons ( Frostbane & Vrad ) and I'm DONE..lol..I'll gladly pay for em'.

I wouldn't mind getting the 2nd series sea creature ( nessie or marine reptile ) and that pirate zombie from the 2nd monsters line as well.

#204 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:59 AM

I just went to target on my way to work this morning and bought two Fizz'n Find Sea Creatures eggs. They also had two of the Monsters eggs, but those don't really interest me, so I didn't pick any of them up. I haven't fizzed the sea creatures yet. I am waiting to do them until I get home from work tonight. But they are showing up in stores. I still have to catch up with Dragon Magic. I am actually kind of glad that this series is a little smaller.

Eric

#205 Eilonwe

Eilonwe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:45 PM

Ooo, excellent news! I need to go to Target soon anyway.

#206 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:55 PM

My Targets have the fish and monsters too. I got 2 of the angry fish on the far left and both he regular and hammerhead shark. These guys are also mad cool. Will definitely be trying to pick up the rest (and if anyone wants to trade, I've got the one mentioned above, far left on the card.)
-Barry

#207 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:21 PM

All this attention for a bunch of fish and "monsters" that are anything but, and still no Halloween line pics? I haven't seen them anywhere.

Help me, LRG, you're my only hope. :notme:

#208 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:40 PM

We went to Target tonight and they didn't have any Halloween ones either :( They did have one Sea Creature and one Monster Maniac. Aren't really interested in the Sea Creatures but we picked up the monster and got Knockout.

Posted Image

We also picked up one of the Domo two packs...just couldn't resist :D

Posted Image

edit - added a pic of the Domos cuz they are just so awesome!

Edited by Liz Sherman, 09 October 2008 - 08:52 PM.

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#209 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:27 PM

are these the halloween ones everyone keeps talking about?

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#210 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:54 PM

are these the halloween ones everyone keeps talking about?

Yep. I keep meaning to take pics of the two i have for Boaconda, but honestly they're not great. Unless you're a huge sucker for glow in the dark figures, then the ghost might be up your alley. Other than that, meh. If you're not thrilled with the Monster Maniacs ones, there's nothing to see here. :(
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#211 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

has anyone tried to local party supply shops in their neighborhoods for these. the majority of search results for these came up under party favors and not toys.

#212 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:45 AM

I have looked in a party store the 3 times I have been in one over the past 6 months or so......no luck there.
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#213 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:46 AM

Has anyone seen the Skeleflex line from Wild Planet yet? A bit pricey but they look great...especially the alien ones.

I will have to keep my eye out for these.

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#214 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:11 PM

i love skeleflex, especially the alien ones. i've been promising to write a review of them. hadn't yet since i didn't have my new camera, but since i just got it a couple of days ago i'll have to make good on that promise. i currently have 6 skeleflex. they're very cool for display, but not that much fun to play with.

#215 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:17 PM

Picked up a couple of the Fizz & Find Monster Maniacs, and those ended up being pretty cool. Still doesn't feel anywhere near worth $4 when it's all said and done, but they are cool nonetheless. :)

Has anyone noticed that since the Moose name dropped off of these toys, the "Fizz" part of the experience has been completely underwhelming? I don't know if they switched to like a cheaper material or what, but i used to make some awesome kitchen messes with my Dino Magic volcano. Now i just end up with an extremely thin layer of white foam, not even enough to put it over the top if you'd already filled the thing to the brim. Boring. :(
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#216 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

that seals it. if they're not cool when they're boiling down i'm not going to bother. the sculpts aren't the greatest, no offense to you fans out there. i know i like crap not many others do <cough> plasmaverse <cough>.

can't we all just get along?

#217 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:45 PM

that seals it. if they're not cool when they're boiling down i'm not going to bother. the sculpts aren't the greatest, no offense to you fans out there.

This is a wise decision. I'm just kind of an idiot with money. :) On the plus side though, i've managed to not buy any of the sea creatures (no octopus, boo!!!), so maybe i'm on the road to recovery. I just couldn't turn down monsters. One of them is a torso, man! A torso! Not that i got the torso, of course.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#218 Eilonwe

Eilonwe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:20 PM

Anyone still need Bruin? I've got a spare.

I've also got the monster from my pics above, Nivek and Tornada.

Saw one of the monster packs at Target, but sadly no sea creatures. But at least I know there's a chance they might come in.

#219 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

Saw one of the monster packs at Target, but sadly no sea creatures. But at least I know there's a chance they might come in.

Every time i've seen the Sea Creatures, they've been on the peg with an equal number of Monster Maniacs, Cats, and Dogs. Wild Planet seems to be just compiling every line into each case now.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#220 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

Anyone up for trading some Monster Maniacs yet? I've got an extra of the green guy lifting his head off his shoulders...name escapes me at the moment. But he's one of the cooler-looking ones, in my opinion. Reminds me of the Ghost MIMP. :lol:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#221 Eilonwe

Eilonwe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:54 PM

FINALLY found some Sea Creatures in my Target. Got to add these two to my collection:

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

I love them both. Got an extra of the regular shark, too, if anyone wants it.

#222 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:59 PM

Wow, those Sea Creatures actually look awesome! Haven't seen them yet, now I kinda wish I did...

#223 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

Are you kidding me? I JUST finished my dragon magic set. I have the hammer head shark and thought it was just ok. Those look sweet. Way better then I thought. BAH!
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#224 Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

I still need those darn last two Ice Dragons...I will pay for em' if anyone wants to sell..my trade list has dried up since walmart is no longer getting the Dragons and I never could find em anywhere else.. :?

#225 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:00 AM

Really? The Walmart near my house had 9 dragon eggs last time I went by there. I havent checked recently since I got all mine already, but Ill take a look again if you are interested? LMK.
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com