No replies to this topic

#1 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:21 PM

During one of my recent BB searches online I bumped into two interesting ¨new¨ old BB Advertisments that came out of Newspapers back in the days. For specific and detailled information about the Newspapers these were found in please have a look at the addition I made to the BA Topic about the Battle Beasts Advertisements (HERE)

As there´s quite a few interesting things to be seen or said on these Newspaper ads I created a special topic for it in order to get the discussion and thoughts going out here instead of having things going within the BA Topic which is more for the Archive.

Let´s start with the first one from 1987;

Attached File  battlebeasts1.png   337.22K   9 downloads

Direct thing we notice here, despite the B&W and poor quality, is the fact that there seems to be only 1 (!) figure on each card!?

This is something I´ve never seen or heard before so it might be some kind of composed picture specific for this ad but on the other hand there also seems to be a small line of text underneath the BB logo of the Card which I can´t place directly either. So wonder if anyone out here is able to tell a bit more about it because so far no single Carded BB as such have been found I think?

The 2nd advertisement from 1988 is a more painfull one because this is the clear and harsh evidence of a dying Toy line showing the BB items in a SALE OUT at insanely low prices;

Attached File  battlebeasts.png   564.86K   8 downloads

With the Newspaper in which it was found dating back to July 1988 it is clear that HASBRO was about done with this line already in the 2nd half of 1988 because these figures, vehicles and playsets go for only a fraction of their actuall prices offering a huge Discount on Battle Beasts but also on other toys found on the same page.

Was this a temporary huge discount or were these toys they wanted to get rid of asap?

It almost looks like the last option considering the mentioned prices.

Guess we´d all wished we´d be there back in the days......

ADDITION:

To strengthen the idea of the Single Beasts on card there´s another Newspaper ad from 1987 mentioning a price of $2.29 EACH?!

For EACH card of two or for EACH Beasts, looks like for a single Beast but if so how where these packed indeed like a single figure on card?

Edited by Beastformers, 11 November 2015 - 04:36 PM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com