• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 14 February 2005 - 12:29 PM

Does anybody know the details about the Battle Beast comic that was published by Dark Horse (?) is the 80's?

I'm pretty sure that there were only four issues which kinda sucks because issue four ends with a cliffhanger.

Did the publishing company go out of business after that, or was the series cancelled?
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#2 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:53 PM

The company that made them was called Blackthorn Publishing. And for all those of you paying more than $10 STOP!!!!! There is a comic guide out there and these aren't worth jack to the normal comic collector.

http://www.milehighc...32962&snumber=1

Go here (the best comic store EVER!) They are great people and they don't jerk around with the grading system (they helped create it!!!). I've made a ton of deals with these guys, they rock, and hail from my birthplace :lol:

#3 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 15 February 2005 - 07:36 PM

Wow,

Thank you very much. My girlfriend got the first one for me, and i loved it for its campy feel. I definaetly have to pick up issue 3 and 4. I wish they had 2 so that I could just get them all in one fell swoop.

Eric

#4 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:18 PM

The issues are kinda hard to come by... I kinda lucked out in my search for 'em a couple of years ago.

I bought issue 1 off ebay for 5 bucks, then I found issues 3 & 4 off the aformentioned Mile High Comics (on sale no less! :lol: ), and then, my local comic shop actually had issue which they sold me for cover price! It was in near-mint condition too.

Overall, the story's fairly decent for being cheesy and all... but what stinks about it is that issue 4 ends with a cliffhanger and I don't think there ever was an issue 5!

The artwork is actually quite good as well.
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#5 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:17 AM

Wasn't there an annual or something from England/Europe that contained more of the comic? I thought I remember reading that there was some comics in the European annual, but I am really not sure if it was just random story from Hasbro/Takara or if it was a continuation of the Blackthorne comics.

Eric

#6 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:17 PM

There was an annual, but Iam not shure how rare it is. It was not from the us but in english leading me to believe that it was european in nature. Was it a hardback book or paperback?

#7 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:00 PM

There where 2 English Annuals that I know of, 87 and 88. They where both hard cover and have comics and puzzles in them. I got the 88 annual off of Ebay for $6 or $7, I just need the 87 one.

Eaon

#8 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:09 PM

can you post a pic of it?

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#9 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:44 AM

thanx for the tip on mile high comics! i just bought the last 2 issues cheap and now hope to locate the ones roland13 mentioned, if they are not too pricey???

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

#10 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:06 PM

Though they are kinda hard to find there is not a high demand for them in the comic collecting world. Thus the lower prices

#11 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 05:43 AM

does anyone want/need issue #1 i have a extra for sale $7 shipped in great condition.

=)

Edited by lazzy lizard, 03 March 2005 - 05:43 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com