80 replies to this topic

#26 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Does anybody have an idea when they're suppose to release series 5?

Entertainment Earth says, "Coming in March," but they've missed plenty of dates before. It says March for the series 6 3-packs too, and I'm sure that won't happen. Weird thing is they have a case of S5 3-packs for $35.99 and a case of S6 3-packs for $57.99. I hope they honor the S5 price on my pre-order if it's a mistake. I'm not paying $57.99.

Edited by iwao, 11 March 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#27 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

The more relevant question seems to be "if" rather than when :(

#28 resfirma

resfirma

Res Firma Mitescere Nescit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Was super stoked to walk into the aisle with S.L.U.G.s at TRU and see they'd been restocked and even got 2 additional pegs devoted to them.......all of series 3. Damn you for getting my hopes up TRU, damn you.

The same thing happened to me tonight. My daughter and I made a run for a more distant TRU and we found it restocked! Series 3 & 4 only. I feel like this is the only place I can confess my addiction...

I suppose its a good sign that TRU is still stocking them, right? Right?

#29 rah2jr

rah2jr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Any more news on Series 5???

#30 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Any more news on Series 5???

yes......they are shipping right now. stores will be getting them soon. slight delay on the shipping because they are all coming in on this crazy delivery method called the Hindenburg so as soon as they are delivered we can all be expecting them

#31 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

I checked my tru today . they just moved all the slugs to a end-cap. and are super stocked up on series 3. nothing else. maybe tomorrow. they get alot of shipments on Tuesday.
Brown chicken , brown cow

#32 resfirma

resfirma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

yes......they are shipping right now. stores will be getting them soon. slight delay on the shipping because they are all coming in on this crazy delivery method called the Hindenburg so as soon as they are delivered we can all be expecting them

I just got an email from Jakks:

Thank you for contacting Consumer Relations,

The next series will be available this coming Spring at Target. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me.

We need to keep our eyes on Target over the next few weeks.

#33 jhayward1283

jhayward1283

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

I'm very excited to hear they are continuing with this set, we should almost definately (I'm a bad speller) get the complete series, maybe except for the glow figures. Maybe this line is doing better than we thought and we may actually see the monsters and aliens lines. Hopefully if they do release those lines they can figure out how to distribute these properly.

#34 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

I hope you guys picked up on his sarcasm before you run off to stores

#35 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

I hope you guys picked up on his sarcasm before you run off to stores

i hope so also. i was beginning to wonder if it fell short

#36 resfirma

resfirma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

i hope so also. i was beginning to wonder if it fell short

I picked up on the sarcasm. However, my email was real. (Unless Jakks lied in the email.) I've been sending them emails saying that my friends and family really love the line and hope they aren't cancelling it. They finally responded with what I posted above (in italics).

She didn't say anything about TRU, just Target. I talked to my two local TRU stores and neither had any record of an incoming order of SLUG Zombies from Jakks. One manager said that they could still come in. He said a lot of toys come in on the Friday shipments that are not in their systems until they arrive. Sounds like they are really buttoned up as a firm... <that is sarcasm> I haven't asked anyone in Target yet. I'm traveling on business this week and out of town so I can't check till the weekend.

So unless Jakks is in the habit of emailing lies to its customers, and that may be the case (you folks probably know better than I), Series 5 is still scheduled for spring.

I can't believe they don't want to get them into the stores before Easter. It would seem that SLUG Zombies would make a great Easter basket toy. :)

#37 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

I can't believe as small/easy to finish as each wave is that they think their time frame of releasing waves is a proper business model. One wave roughly every 3 months is terrible. And as much as it pains me to say...with them waiting so long between waves blind bags would have been better so at least it would have taken folks slightly longer to finish each wave

#38 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

I can't believe as small/easy to finish as each wave is that they think their time frame of releasing waves is a proper business model. One wave roughly every 3 months is terrible. And as much as it pains me to say...with them waiting so long between waves blind bags would have been better so at least it would have taken folks slightly longer to finish each wave

If a company blind bags something when they're already forcing you to buy extras would drive me not to buy the figures. I think both are bad, but to combine them would just be pure greed at another level.

#39 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

If a company blind bags something when they're already forcing you to buy extras would drive me not to buy the figures. I think both are bad, but to combine them would just be pure greed at another level.

That's pretty much what they did with series 1. The Walgreens blind singles only included the 8 non-exclusives from S1 that you'll get anyway in a 12 pack or set of 3 packs.

I hope to hear S5 starts showing up at Target before my EE pre-order ships, but I'm not canceling it yet.

#40 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

I meant only blind bag....not the way they are now AND blind bags. I hate "bb" but if they went to only that...at least it would take a tad longer to finish each wave since they have 2-3 months between waves

#41 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

I picked up on the sarcasm. However, my email was real. (Unless Jakks lied in the email.) I've been sending them emails saying that my friends and family really love the line and hope they aren't cancelling it. They finally responded with what I posted above (in italics).

She didn't say anything about TRU, just Target. I talked to my two local TRU stores and neither had any record of an incoming order of SLUG Zombies from Jakks. One manager said that they could still come in. He said a lot of toys come in on the Friday shipments that are not in their systems until they arrive. Sounds like they are really buttoned up as a firm... <that is sarcasm> I haven't asked anyone in Target yet. I'm traveling on business this week and out of town so I can't check till the weekend.

So unless Jakks is in the habit of emailing lies to its customers, and that may be the case (you folks probably know better than I), Series 5 is still scheduled for spring.

I can't believe they don't want to get them into the stores before Easter. It would seem that SLUG Zombies would make a great Easter basket toy. :)

I have had extremely bad information come from Jakks and so I would not go as far as saying they lie but the customer service is at a different location than the actual company and so they generally respond with "look for it soon" or "we are glad you like our toys" generic messages. I was told to look for Slugs to be release at Toys R Us, Kmart, Target, and Walmart from them and so I would take any email lightly. I hope I am wrong but I think you're getting responses from a call center just set up to make you feel better with a response rather than an actual answer.

Edited by seekingxar, 19 March 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#42 resfirma

resfirma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

I have had extremely bad information come from Jakks and so I would not go as far as saying they lie but the customer service is at a different location than the actual company and so they generally respond with "look for it soon" or "we are glad you like our toys" generic messages. I was told to look for Slugs to be release at Toys R Us, Kmart, Target, and Walmart from them and so I would take any email lightly. I hope I am wrong but I think you're getting responses from a call center just set up to make you feel better with a response rather than an actual answer.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess we'll see. Spring isn't technically over until June, right? So they might not be in stores until then... or... no, I can't bring myself to write the other possibility. :(

#43 MUSCLETOYS

MUSCLETOYS

Happily stuck in the past

• Legends
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Keshi, Minifigs, Baseball Cards, Travel, Disc Golf, Bigfoot, Pizza, Beer

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

Great. More little rubber guys for me to collect! Getting hooked on these since my kids bought them for me last year. I love the pop culture tie ins.

#44 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Long time no see bro! :D

#45 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

The date for Series 5 on Entertainment Earth has already been pushed to May.

#46 resfirma

resfirma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

The date for Series 5 on Entertainment Earth has already been pushed to May.

Technically, Jakks has until June 20th to fulfill their promise of a "spring" delivery of series 5. Spring begins on 3/20 and ends on 6/20. Sorry... I have a series problem.

#47 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

Man Im ready for series 5. I been growing silently impatient for them. Haaaaa!

#48 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

Technically, Jakks has until June 20th to fulfill their promise of a "spring" delivery of series 5. Spring begins on 3/20 and ends on 6/20. Sorry... I have a series problem.

I just think it sucks if EE's original March date came from Jakks, and now it will be May at the earliest. Jakks should be able to distribute on time at this point in the SLUG line.

#49 PlasticVisage

PlasticVisage

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:My wife, kids, art, movies, & anything else that interests me for more than ten seconds. I love action figures of all types & sizes. I grew up on Ninja Turtles (by Playmates), Batman (Kenner), Marvel (Toybiz), and I'm a product of the 80's & 90's. I am currently buying mostly 2 inch scale & some Marvel stuff in 3 3/4 or 6 inch. I am also a painter & sculptor when I need to pay for fun things like bills & food. Strange toys make me smile

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

It's done! Apparently Jakk's is cancelling this line. I will never buy another new thing from Jakk's pacific in my life. Expletive deleted if that's the best they can do with their marketing. I have 8 neices & nephews & my own 3 sons, but I will never spend another dime on their crap because of this. I want series 1 to complete me set, but if it isn't this kind of thing or a Monster's run....I'm done.

#50 resfirma

resfirma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

I'm with you PV.  If I can help it, Jakks will not get a single dime from me ever again.  I'm going to drop some angry emails on them as well.  I've seen well-worded angry customer emails go up the chain in my company, so who knows, maybe someone will get the message.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com