• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:32 AM

Luggage is packed and I fly once more today to Japan (3rd time). This time I have a gameplan, last fall (2nd trip) I kinda just bought anything and everything.

Now I have a better idea as to prices and what I actually collect. My first stop is Osaka (8 hour layover in Hong Kong first because my wife has some work stuff to take care off).

I started this topic and will add to it as I go along my travels. I plan on writing about toy stores and anything related to Kinnikuman here so keep an eye out! Hopefully I can upload pictures properly.

If anything comes up recommendation wise please recommend!

Edited by kayfabe1985, 19 September 2017 - 12:40 PM.

#2 Mikespaintedminiatures

Mikespaintedminiatures

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:All types of Plastic figures. Collector and Painter.

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:23 PM

Luggage is packed and I fly once more today to Japan (3rd time). This time I have a gameplan, last fall (2nd trip) I kinda just bought anything and everything.

Now I have a better idea as to prices and what I actually collect. My first stop is Osaka (8 hour layover in Hong Kong first because my wife has some work stuff to take care off).

I started this topic and will add to it as I go along my travels. I plan on writing about toy stores and anything related to Kinnikuman here so keep an eye out! Hopefully I can upload pictures properly.

If anything comes up recommendation wise please recommend!

Have a great trip, look forward to your reports, you lucky, lucky man !

Mikes_LRG_Forum_BANNER_WEB.jpg

#3 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:42 PM

If you haven't tried it on your previous trips, make sure to get some okonomiyaki while in Osaka.

Looking forward to hearing about your toy hunting. I haven't been in about 15 years.

Thank you

#4 OneTallPonderosa

OneTallPonderosa

OCD Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, LEGO, MIMP, Ballpoint Pens, Insects, Coins, Books

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

Go PEDRO! Get some good stuff man, good luck!

I am envious. The only time I ever went to Japan was far before I had fallen into collecting toys, so I literally came away with nothing. 

Check out my want list: http://www.littlerub...howtopic=269336

I am always looking for more Robin Mask #214, Sunshine, Announcer, Claw, and Parthenon - MUSCLE or KESHI of any type!

LETS MAKE A DEAL! :ph34r:

#5 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:38 AM

Dont forget about kinkeshi bootlegs. Hope you find some rare never before seen obscure kinkeshi bootlegs. I know there out there waiting to be found. lol!

Have fun!

#6 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:56 AM

After 36 hours I made it to Osaka (small detour of 10 hours in Hong Kong but not complaining).

First toy stop was Mandarake Umeda (1st time here).

Mandarake Umeda
Address: 〒530-0027 Osaka Prefecture, Osaka, 北区堂山町9−28

I was a bit rushed since I got to the store at 6:30pm (Mandarake branches are open from 12:00-8:00pm).

Two big floors (famous for its cosplay karaoke stage) but not divided in sub sections pertaining to respective goods.

So all the kinkeshi are located in the 2nd floor. At first I thought it was slim pickings (they had some higher end kinkeshi inside display cases).

I asked if they had more and the girls there were super cool!

They brought out a giant bag for me to sort through from the back that was yet to be sorted for sale (on any given day people sell stuff and then they go through them).

1 hour later I was done and I bought 210 kinkeshi total (I pretty much cleaned them out of kinnikuman kinkeshi; at least for that day)

Luckily they have a tax free option for foreigners! Saved like 2,500 yen on taxes.

It took 6 girls to count all the kinkeshi and sort them + place them in baggies.

I always try and visit each mandarake twice if possible since the stock changes day to day.

I will definitely go back to check on the kinkeshi they had for sale on the glass display cases.

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 25 August 2017 - 08:15 AM.

#7 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

A picture of the damage before and after unwrapping (I brought separate Ziploc bags in order to split them up by color and avoid any melting).

Attached Files

#8 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:21 AM

From the stash nothing crazy but some great deals. I picked up some Amadas which I owned before really knowing what I had (regret selling them now). Not 100% sure if all of these are Amada but most are. My favorite is kinnikuman in a suit!

Attached Files

#9 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:24 AM

These "chibi" kinkeshi I never collected and they are not a lot in the set to collect. 1 or 2 are bootleg...

Attached Files

#10 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

Some randoms here

1-Black Kinnikuman kinkeshi
2-1991 Part 1 kinkeshi (100 yen!)
3-Later part kinkeshi
4-Red Part 29 kinkeshi (100 yen!)
5-Random bootleg deka kinkeshi (circa 4/5 cm and also only 100 yen each. I would love to know if a checklist exists)
6-Blue Spinning Head Ashuraman without a head (for only 100 yen I could not complain)

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 25 August 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#11 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

Great haul so far! Red kinnikuman is part -29 1991 reissue from the box set, awesome figure either way. Cant wait to see what else you snag!

#12 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

Hey Eric, question about the 1991 releases. I know it had 3 parts and 36 figures total. But were they released in capsules a la regular kinkeshi? You mentioned the kinnikuman I got being a reissue from a box set? Did they re-release the 1991 figures?

#13 OneTallPonderosa

OneTallPonderosa

OCD Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:26 PM

These "chibi" kinkeshi I never collected and they are not a lot in the set to collect. 1 or 2 are bootleg...

Dude if you come across more of these in sunshine or robin's mask chibi and don't need them for yourself, pick em up and I will take them off your hands!

Awesome stuff, I do like that Kinnikuman in a suit as well. Never seen it before. 

I am always looking for more Robin Mask #214, Sunshine, Announcer, Claw, and Parthenon - MUSCLE or KESHI of any type!

#14 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:22 AM

The next recommendation is not a toy store but if you are a fan of the kinnikuman manga and are looking to acquire them cheaper I really recommend Book Off! in Japan (it's a chain bookstore that specializes in selling used books/Mangas/comics & DVDs/CDs).

They are all over Japan and in Osaka one branch was right by my airbnb apartment (walking distance).

It closes at 1:00am!!!! Since I have jet lag I went there at around 10:00pm and I was surprised by how many people were just chilling reading Mangas.

The Mangas are "used" but still in great condition. Since I owned vol 1-vol 36 of the kinnikuman Manga I wanted to catch up (right now it's all the way to vol. 59).

They are normally sold for 400 yen but here I found some for 200 yen to 310 yen.

Mandarake is also a cheap Manga reseller but unless your spending 5,000 yen you have to take the tax into account but not at Book Off!

Not sure if I want to buy the other 16 volumes I am missing (my luggage would weigh a ton!)

But I am tempted to and might just ship some to myself.

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 26 August 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#15 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:38 AM

The next stop, again is not a toy store but for a kinnikuman die-hard a must! Years back they opened a pop up store to celebrate Kinnikumans anniversary called the "Muscle Shop" in Osaka (as Yudetemago are hometownboys).

It closed in 2014 or 2015 (not 100% sure) but the memorabilia was moved to Tsutenku Tower and then advertised as Kinnikuman "Museum" (I use the word museum loosely).

It's cool to see the small exhibition but it's rather small and recommended for die-hards only.

It cost 700 yen to enter the tower (an extra 500 yen if you wish to go all the way to the top).

The highlight for me was finally getting the new kinnikuman Kinkeshi from a gacha machine! Unfortunately since my arrival this has been the first machine I spotted and I say singular because it was only 1 gacha machine!

They technically don't allow pics of the exhibit (besides the kinnikuman statue) but I got away with it since no one was looking.

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 26 August 2017 - 08:05 AM.

#16 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

Great haul of stuff so far!

if you could, take pics of some of the in store keshi displays for us!

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#17 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

Some more pics:

Attached Files

#18 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:45 AM

And more pics...

Attached Files

#19 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:50 AM

Some more!

Sorry about some of the pics being upside down or sideways (using my phone).

Attached Files

#20 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:57 AM

Gacha! New Kinkeshi!

The 1 machine was basically empty so I only got 8 capsules (2 repeats).

Priced at 200 yen and 8 total sculpts in a set in Flesh, Red and Blue (technically 4 single figures and 2 tag teams)

I decided to just keep them mint and am not even gonna open them (the kinkeshi are of a different rubber material than previous kinkeshi and are placed in a plastic bag).

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 26 August 2017 - 08:09 AM.

#21 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:01 AM

I tried taking pics at the Mandarake Umeda brach and I was shut down (at Nakano in Tokyo they are not so strict about that; at my 2nd go around I will try again).

Edited by kayfabe1985, 26 August 2017 - 08:06 AM.

#22 OneTallPonderosa

OneTallPonderosa

OCD Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

Man that Robin's Mask helmet with the Claw in it is freaking awesome................keep posting dude. 

#23 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

What a fine trip so far.

#24 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:08 AM

The next recommendation is Mandarake Grand Chaos in Osaka(Osaka has 2 Mandarake branches).

This branch had more variety, at Nakano they have bags prefilled with assorted Kinkeshi.

At Grand Chaos they had 1 giant bag of 200 Kinnikuman kinkeshi with assorted Flesh, yellow, blue and green figures for 5,000 yen which was more than reasonable for me.

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 27 August 2017 - 12:16 AM.

#25 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:26 AM

The bag of kinkeshi!

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com