• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#326 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:20 PM

There is a thing that is very lacking with the pats and their leaders and its called "honor". Win at any cost should be their motto.

Well here is to a losing season. CHEERS!!!

GIANTS OVER THE PATRIOTS!!!

WTF!
Where do you come off saying the Pats don't play with honor.Where did you get this info from?!?!?!?!
The Coach is a heartless bastitch I agree but to say the whole Team doesn't play with Honor is a bold statement. B)

I get it already you hate Brady...fine but compare his stats to Ben Roethlisberger......I think we know where im going here.

Cheers Bro! :(

Edited by meatcutta78, 04 February 2008 - 05:27 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#327 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:45 PM

Ooh. This should get good. B)

#328 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:28 PM

Don't sweat it, MeatCutta. People love ta hate winners. I'm with you. :lol:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#329 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:43 PM

I was glad to see pats lose but i'd rather see Eli VS. Peyton in the super bowl. Oh well :lol:

#330 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:26 PM

There is a thing that is very lacking with the pats and their leaders and its called "honor". Win at any cost should be their motto.

Well here is to a losing season. CHEERS!!!

GIANTS OVER THE PATRIOTS!!!

WTF!
Where do you come off saying the Pats don't play with honor.Where did you get this info from?!?!?!?!
The Coach is a heartless bastitch I agree but to say the whole Team doesn't play with Honor is a bold statement. :lol:

I get it already you hate Brady...fine but compare his stats to Ben Roethlisberger......I think we know where im going here.

Cheers Bro! :D

First, I've never tried to compare Ben to Tom Brady. Ever. It's no contest. I've said before that I know Brady is the best. And I've made it clear that I'm not the biggest fan of Ben.

Anyway, yeah, hes pretty good. I mean, he would have to be to get to go to the Pro-Bowl to QB for the AFC with Tom Brady...

Wait, do you say interceptions or sacks? Nevermind, he [Ben]gets both.

If Ben Worthlessberger's shoulder...

And how about that loser Ben? 5 TDs!? Who'd have thought, eh? If he gets any better I may have to start liking him.

Second of all, I'm entitled to my opinion, right? To me, honor means leaving cockyness and ego at the door.

Third, they were caught CHEATING! Thats where I get my info, from the fact that they were caught doing something they were not supposed to do. The coach showed no regret or shame for what he did. To me, thats dishonorable. If I were a fan I'd be furious. If the Steelers had been caught doing the same thing, I would super upset about it. I mean, who wants to root for a team that cheats? With Brady, the fact that he whined about Plex's comments before the game shows that he thinks a little too highly of himself. I mean what, Plex is supposed to tell the press, "Na, I think we're gonna lose this one." Come on.

http://swampbrain.co...=...int=1&page=

I will say though that I shouldnt generalize about the entire team. I'm sure not all the members of the Pats are like that.

And dont try to turn this into a "You hate Brady cuz you think Ben is better" thing, cuz that is just not true. I dont like Brady yes, but he's still the best QB in football right now. I do think though that you could pair up a lot of other QB's with the people Brady is playing with, and they could do the same thing.

#331 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:04 AM

While I agree with some comments made, I would like to clear up the issue about the Pats cheating. It was a big time dissapointment for not just Pat fans but any lover of the NFL, it taints the entire League, just like Pro cycling, I mean when are we going to stop hearing about all the doping scandals, it effects everybody. This is why I was dissapointed. BUT, in saying this, I can't by any means discredit what the Pats have done THIS season, I can question the previous seasons if I want, but I can't this season. They were caught in the very first quarter of the very first game.

So, while I agree with Asator with the honor thing, I personally don't think it ties into this season.

I am not a Belichik fan, but I will say that I too would have had a hard time swallowing defeat. The Pats had an amazing run, and to lose in the Superbowl after all the record breaking/setting that was accomplished all season long....I guarantee I would have acted similar. I am a sore loser, why, because I am not accustomed to losing, call me arrogant if you want but that's the truth. Same with Belichik, he is not accustomed to losing, what does the press want? He went out and shook Coughlins hand, Coughlin came out and shook his hand, do they want him to present the trophy to the Giants, or maybe he would be a better guy if he wore the GIANTS superbowl champion hat. :D :lol: Yes he should have stayed the extra second of the game, but in his mind and my mind, the game was over.

I am not defending Belichik I am just saying I empathise with the man.
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#332 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:29 PM

While I agree with some comments made, I would like to clear up the issue about the Pats cheating. It was a big time dissapointment for not just Pat fans but any lover of the NFL, it taints the entire League, just like Pro cycling, I mean when are we going to stop hearing about all the doping scandals, it effects everybody. This is why I was dissapointed. BUT, in saying this, I can't by any means discredit what the Pats have done THIS season, I can question the previous seasons if I want, but I can't this season. They were caught in the very first quarter of the very first game.

So, while I agree with Asator with the honor thing, I personally don't think it ties into this season.

I am not a Belichik fan, but I will say that I too would have had a hard time swallowing defeat. The Pats had an amazing run, and to lose in the Superbowl after all the record breaking/setting that was accomplished all season long....I guarantee I would have acted similar. I am a sore loser, why, because I am not accustomed to losing, call me arrogant if you want but that's the truth. Same with Belichik, he is not accustomed to losing, what does the press want? He went out and shook Coughlins hand, Coughlin came out and shook his hand, do they want him to present the trophy to the Giants, or maybe he would be a better guy if he wore the GIANTS superbowl champion hat. :unknw: :thumbsup: Yes he should have stayed the extra second of the game, but in his mind and my mind, the game was over.

I am not defending Belichik I am just saying I empathise with the man.

Not used to losing?

He coached the Browns from 91-95 where they didnt do much but lose. I mean, his last year they went 5-11 and the season ended with Modell taking the team and "getting out of Dodge".

In 1996 The Pats lost the Super Bowl to the Packers while Belichick was assistant head coach.

Then he spent 2 years with the Jets. And when Bill Parcells quit as head coach and Belichick was promoted, he resigned. But he didnt resign the way most people would. No, he wrote a note to the press on a napkin. A note. "I resign as HC of the NYJ.". Now that is class.

So, if you look at what Belichick did before the Pats, he should be as used to losing as he is to winning.

I think this article just about sums it up. Talking about how he left the field with one second on the clock.

Of all the shameful and shameless things Belichick has done in the course of his career, that one second of disgrace should follow him around for the rest of his life.

Because this can't just be shrugged off as gamesmanship, as Belichick's apologists have done on Spygate, and it can't be characterized as a personality conflict, as they have done to justify his treatment of Mangini, and it can't be explained away as a shy, socially awkward man's bungling attempt to extricate himself from a bad situation, as I mistakenly did with his infamous "I hereby resign as HC of the NYJ" note of eight years ago.

No, this was simply a public hissy fit by a spoiled punk who couldn't accept defeat. There was nothing fluky or controversial or questionable about the Giants' 17-14 win. In fact, it was the kind of game Belichick should have admired, even if for once he came out on the wrong end of it. Instead, he acted as if he were the victim of some particularly heinous crime.

By walking away before the game was over, maybe Belichick thought he was diminishing Coughlin and the Giants, the way he tried to diminish Mangini and the Jets last season. But all he did was diminish himself and the players who had fought so hard for him all season. He brought shame upon an organization that had brought him nothing but glory. Regardless of whether they would be willing to admit it, he embarrassed his owner, his players, his assistant coaches and his fans.

http://www.newsday.c...,5972113.column

But, this is just my opinon. And in the words of Mr. Gump, "Thats all I have to say about that."

So who's ready for the 2008 season?

#333 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:41 PM

Not used to losing?

That's exactly what I said "Not used to losing" :unknw: Look at the past 7 seasons, I think that more than qualifies for "Not used to losing" :lol: Especially after this season. Anyways, like I said, I can empathise with the man. In your words....Just my opinion. ;)

I am, lets hope my beloved Bills and Raidernation can get something going this year. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#334 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:44 PM

I am, lets hope my beloved Bills and Raidernation can get something going this year. :D

I myself am pretty excited to let the Browns get my hopes up and then blow it again. :D
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#335 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:45 PM

Asator. :D

Well put my friend,No hard feelings. ;)
Hopefully next year the Pats don't have to much extra cargo to lug around,if you know what im saying. -_-
and for the record.........deep down inside I wanted the Giants to win.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#336 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

He coached the Browns from 91-95 where they didnt do much but lose. I mean, his last year they went 5-11 and the season ended with Modell taking the team and "getting out of Dodge".

I wouldn't necessarily say that. He went 36-44 in those years as a first time coach. 11-5 his best year in 1994. That being said he was 3-8 against (and I don't know why in hell I'm sharing this) the Steelers. Including a loss to them in the wild card. He was also the mastermind in getting rid of Bernie Kosar.

#337 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

Asator. ;)

Well put my friend,No hard feelings. -_-

OF COURSE!!! You my buddah Enio! Football tends to bring out the best and worst of people. The best thing though is that despite who you root for, you can always stay friends. Opinions are like.... well, you guys know the rest.

Anyway, my hopes for next year are that there is a little more competition. I mean, it was basically the Pats, GB, Indy and the Cowboys on top all year. I personally got tired of hearing about the same 4 teams week in and week out. Granted, things changed in the post season but still, I think you know what I mean. I'd like to see some of the lesser teams pick it up and really make next season interesting. Jets, Dolphins, Falcons, Raiders, 49'ers, Rams... Come on guys, I'm rooting for you.

What can I say, I like nailbiters. I guess thats the legacy of being a Steelers fan after the 70's. It's like every game is life or death with them. I cant imagine it any other way.

Also, I HATE to admit, but I'm gald to see some more of the Browns going to the Pro Bowl. Derek Anderson is a pretty worthy replacement for Brady. Not as worthy as Brady exactly, but still he really pulled that team together this year along with the coaching. First time in a while since thats happened.

#338 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:19 AM

I would love to see Detroit do well this upcoming year. I really thought they were going to get the 10 wins Kitna promised. Then they just fell apart....they started out 6-2!! Then went 1-7.... :)
Posted Image

#339 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:49 PM

The Sports Hernia blog posted a funny entry about my wife's cousin, Kyle Spotts:

Posted Image

Brett Fraud?

Pictured above is, of course, every man's favorite mancrush Brett Favre at left, and Kutztown quarterback and NFL prospect Kyle Spotts at right.

Pretty sure everyone can relax now and stop doing their morning gurgle with the old man, it's clear Spotts has been the god-like figure playing inspired football for Green Bay all season long and not the graying country boy. But we all know what a proud guy Brett is, so expect the real Favre to return for the playoffs next week just in time to throw a few awful picks and lose.

We're very impressed with Spotts though, and not by his clutch play for the Packers this season, but for his riveting and often times inspiring role as Landry Clarke on Friday Night Lights.

Kyle is currently ranked #25 out of 109 QBs in the draft and 406 overall out of 2552.
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com