#2 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:49 PM

I got stuck on the Belgium style beers for awhile, can't say I can narrow down favorites however....

Any other beer aficionados out there?

Here are my top 5 faves:

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock
Sapporo Yebisu Black
Deschutes Obsidian Stout
Guinness Foreign Extra Stout

#3 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:56 PM

I got stuck on the Belgium style beers for awhile, can't say I can narrow down favorites however....

Any other beer aficionados out there?

Here are my top 5 faves:

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock
Sapporo Yebisu Black
Deschutes Obsidian Stout
Guinness Foreign Extra Stout

Cool, I once tried a Belgian Trappist Rochefort. Great beer and it was seriously made my monks :cry: Really.
Posted Image

#4 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

my faves are Red Stripe, Bohemia, Becks & Newcastle Brown Ale
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#5 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:28 PM

I'd say my absolute favorite beers are from the Flying Dog brewery, specifically their Gonzo Imperial Porter, and their IPA, the name of which currently escapes me.

Sam Adams and Blue Moon are also pretty spectacular, especially their various seasonal beers. Guinness Extra Stout is good when i want to get my fancy pants on. Arrogant Baastard and Double Baastard are both great and will pretty much knock ya on yer ass. Here's hoping those extra "a"s will dodge the filter and keep my post from looking ridiculous.

I'm a big fan of Japanese beer too, and will absolutely rock a Kirin or Sapporo.

Really though, when it comes down to it, i'm a fan of beer in general and will drink about anything. Right now i am drinking a Pabst because i'm poor. :cry:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#6 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:44 PM

Dogfish Head - 90 Minute IPA
Dogfish Head - Midas Touch
Stone Brewing Co. - Arrogant Baastard Ale
Penn Brewery - Penn Pils
Penn Brewery - PENNdemonium
Bells - Two Hearted Ale IPA
Great Lakes - Eliot Ness Amber Lager
Troegs - DreamWeaver Wheat Ale
Troegs - Mad Elf
Victory - Golden Monkey
Rogue Brewery - Dead Guy Ale
Guinness Stout (draught only)
Smithwick's (draught only)

And one of the hometown favorites used to be Rolling Rock... but when they sold out and moved the plant from Latrobe to NJ, I could no longer bring myself to drink it. "From the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe, we tender this premium beer for your enjoyment as a tribute to your good taste. It comes from the mountain springs to you."

Yeah, the clear mountain springs of.... Newark, New Jersey?!!?!?....... Blaahhhhkkkk :cry:

Now I stick to the other hometown fav when I want a case of good cheap beer, Straub.

Edited by asator, 18 June 2008 - 08:45 PM.

#7 Prim

Prim

Village Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:41 PM

Right now i am drinking a Pabst because i'm poor. :cry:

PBR!!!!! WOOOHOOOOO :M:

Im with you i drink what i can afford which is most the time is jus Bud Light (btw Bud with lime sucks ass). Ive always wanted to try Carlsberg Sort Gold (i think thats how its spelled), when i played Eve-Online there was one guy with us on TS who was always drunk on this stuff so i always have tried to find it with no luck.
Posted Image

#8 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:49 PM

Guinness Extra Stout is good when i want to get my fancy pants on.

:cry: You are pretty funny mate

I'm a big fan of Japanese beer too, and will absolutely rock a Kirin or Sapporo.

I am with you there.

Dogfish Head - 90 Minute IPA
Dogfish Head - Midas Touch
Stone Brewing Co. - Arrogant Baastard Ale
Penn Brewery - Penn Pils
Penn Brewery - PENNdemonium
Bells - Two Hearted Ale IPA
Great Lakes - Eliot Ness Amber Lager
Troegs - DreamWeaver Wheat Ale
Troegs - Mad Elf
Victory - Golden Monkey
Rogue Brewery - Dead Guy Ale
Guinness Stout (draught only)
Smithwick's (draught only)

I need to try a good IPA one of these days - I have some friends that swear by IPAs, but I have never tried one actually.

And one of the hometown favorites used to be Rolling Rock... but when they sold out and moved the plant from Latrobe to NJ, I could no longer bring myself to drink it. "From the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe, we tender this premium beer for your enjoyment as a tribute to your good taste. It comes from the mountain springs to you."

Yeah, the clear mountain springs of.... Newark, New Jersey?!!?!?....... Blaahhhhkkkk :o

Now I stick to the other hometown fav when I want a case of good cheap beer, Straub.

What about Iron City Beer? :M: Yinz guys need to go dawn tawn an get an Iron!
Posted Image

#9 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:11 PM

What about Iron City Beer? :cry: Yinz guys need to go dawn tawn an get an Iron!

:M:

Excuse me, if you're gonna make fun of Pittsburghese, do it right n'at.

The correct translation would be:
"Yinz guys need ta go dahn tahn an git' an Arn!"

Personally, I dont drink ICB unless someone else supplies it. It tastes wierd to me, almost metalic.

http://www.pittsburghese.com/ :o

#10 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

The Man on the Silver Mountain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster In My Pocket, Gormiti, Trash Pack, other LRGs that may strike my fancy, and other stuff no-one else likely gives a damn about

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:12 PM

I'm hardly a beer afficianado--I prefer whiskey--but I don't mind it every once in a while. I'll drink just about any kind of beer except Guinness, which is just way too heavy for my liking.

Current collecting goal: obtain all 148 Monster In My Pocket Series 1 figures in regular colors (71.62% there)

So many toys, so little money!

#11 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:21 PM

hef... And not pyramid or widmer... German only.

#12 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:22 PM

Lately my favorite has been Blue Moon. I have been known to drink Killians Red, Heineken, and of course Bud Light. :cry:

#13 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:30 AM

I am FROM Belgium,
so by definition,
I KNOW what a good beer tastes like.

My personal favorite is GORDON SILVER.
KARMELIET, DRUIDE, LEFFE BLOND, WESTMALLE TRIPLE and KASTEELBIER
are all beers that SHOULD be exported and available THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.
Unfortunately they are not. :cry:

Relatively good non-Belgian beers ;) are:
Guinness and ... well that's pretty much it... ^_^

Oh yeah and (probably) the WORST beer in the world is Carlsberg. :o
That and a local beer called Bavik. :M:

DK, who doesn't drink that much anymore but had more than his share when he was young.
Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#14 Prim

Prim

Village Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:48 AM

SHOULD be exported

You want my address..... Hint Hint :cry:
Posted Image

#15 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:58 AM

SHOULD be exported

You want my address..... Hint Hint :cry:

I might be willing to trade you some of those great beers for battle beasts,
especially some laserbeasts I am still missing.

LMK, seriously.

BTW I have some crazy bones too... 8 or 10 or so, and I don't collect those...

Edited by Donkeykid77, 19 June 2008 - 03:00 AM.

Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#16 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:45 AM

My one and only true love is Olde English, but when I do cheat on her my mistresses are Tecate and Red Stripe...
Posted Image

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#17 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:39 AM

Excuse me, if you're gonna make fun of Pittsburghese, do it right n'at.
http://www.pittsburghese.com/ :cry:

:M: :o ^_^ ;) B) ;) B) :lol:

Too funny! I only lived there for a bit, so you can tell I am a Pittsburgh poser B) Great City!
Posted Image

#18 el midgetron

el midgetron

Squirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:47 AM

Anyone ever try Hitachino Nest Beer? Its Japanese and gets you drunk, what more could you ask for?

Posted Image

Stout fans might also enjoy trying "Xingu"

Posted Image

Any of you drunkards collect your crowns?
Posted Image

#19 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:57 AM

Do you get the recyclable bottles?

While we're on the subject of beer/alcohol, has anyone here tried absinthe and does it truly live up to the hype?

:unsure:
Posted Image

#20 nicodemus

nicodemus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:- * - * - * - * -<br />http://www.oldweiler.com

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:08 AM

It's pretty hard to find me with anything other than a Coors Light in my hands. I'll drink pretty much anything if there's no CL...but when people come to my bar, they know what they're gettin:

Posted Image

While we're on the subject of beer/alcohol, has anyone here tried absinthe and does it truly live up to the hype?
:unsure:

I have a bottle at home...but I never cracked it open. If I ever do, I'll let you know. :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:26 AM

Do you get the recyclable bottles?

The dist. by my house stoped carrying the returnable 12oz bottle because no one was buying them. They do still carry the returnable pounders though... odd. We didnt get the pounders though because my wife cant finish one before it gets warm. Because of that we'd just just get the NR 12oz bottles and recycle them ourselves since we have streetside recycling. But, since we've been trying to have a kid, my wife hasnt been drinking at all so I started getting the returnable pounders. :unsure:

Funny story: My wife and I bought tickets last year to go to "Straubfest" in Du Bois which featured George Thorogood and The Destroyers. The tickets were like $40! I figured that for that kind of cash and the fact that it was in freakin Du Bois at a park, that the beer would be fairly cheap.

So anyway, we head up early in the day and meet up with my buddy Jody who lives in St. Marys and we decided to spend the first part of the day in St. Marys. We thought, yeah ok, we'll check out the brewery and stuff. So we went to the brewery and did the tour and whatnot. At the end we bought a case of pounders, straight off the rack, for later that night after the show. At the brewery it was 12.99.

So we finally go to the show and it was really wierd. I had known that the age group at this show would be different from the type of shows that I usually go to but I wasnt ready for how many back-woods, creepy, Inbred, hillbillies would be there. Eh, Central PA, what should I expect? So George Thorogood is a legend and all but man was he creepy. First, he looked like he was 300 years old. Then he kept saying stuff like "Where are all the devorced mothers out there!?" and stuff. Creepy.

Anyway, to the point, beers there were $3! For a 12oz bottle! Meanwhile we had a case of 16oz bottles in the trunk of the car that we had only payed $13 for. By my calculations, going on the price of beer per oz in the show, we had a $96 case of beer in our car!

24 beers x 16oz per beer = 384oz total
$13 / 384oz = $0.034 per oz
$3 / 12oz = $.25 per oz
$.25 X 384oz = $96

I mean, $3 for a beer isnt outrageous but I figured since Straub was putting on the show, and it was really close to their brewery and probably drew a lot of locals, and Straub is a cheap beer to begin with, that they would give the people at the show a little break on the price. Especially after charging them $40 for a ticket.

In the end, we didnt have to pay $3 per beer. They were really lax about people going back out to their cars and then coming back in, as long as you had your bracelet, so we just kept going out to the car, pounding beer and then going back in.

Sorry this was so long.

#22 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:45 AM

Asator, i love George Thorogood and all, i'm with you there. But i can't stop laughing at a mental image of you showing up to a Straub-sponsored Destroyers show and going "Man, what's with all the rednecks?". :unsure:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#23 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:57 AM

Asator, i love George Thorogood and all, i'm with you there. But i can't stop laughing at a mental image of you showing up to a Straub-sponsored Destroyers show and going "Man, what's with all the rednecks?". :unsure:

I dont think its so much that I was surprised to see them, but more with how COMPLETELY red-necky they were. Like the type of Inbred that would make that no-talent Larry the Cable Guy do a double take. And TONS of old women with next to nothing on! And not even hot old ladies (cuz seriously, who doesnt love a cougar?) but scary, gross, teeth missing, stretchmarks showing, tubetop wearing, bar-fly being, OLD ASS WOMEN.

Scary.

And yes, HILARIOUS!

#24 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:24 PM

hop back brewery's "summer Lightning
Abbot Ale
Fruli Strawberry white beer
Harvestown "schnealion" (cant spell but its scottish anyways)
and anything by morehouses, especially "witch finder general" , "new years resolution" and "blonde witch"

oh yeah i love "cumberland ale" thats a jennings one

i do drink larger stella artois and the like but i dont drink crap like budwiser and coors, tho this is a thread bout beer supposedly not larger i thought...

come to think of it there is a beer by inns and gunns thats aged in oak barrles its fu*cking mega lovely nice.

kisses and hugs to all

oli
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#25 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:32 PM

Anyone ever try Hitachino Nest Beer? Its Japanese and gets you drunk, what more could you ask for?

Posted Image

Stout fans might also enjoy trying "Xingu"

Posted Image

Any of you drunkards collect your crowns?

I have never even see a Hitachino, but I will have to try it. I am a sucker for Stout, so If I can ever find a Xingu, I will throw one back. As for the crowns, I collect them if it is hard to find, or a nice import that I may never come across again.

I always collect and save my Celebrators though - Each bottle comes with a little white ram figure - The only beer I know of that includes anything close to a Little Rubber Guy :unsure:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com