Cereal Premiums

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#26 MUSCLETOYS

MUSCLETOYS

Happily stuck in the past

• Legends
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Keshi, Minifigs, Baseball Cards, Travel, Disc Golf, Bigfoot, Pizza, Beer

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:06 PM

Your posts are making me extremely hungry for lots of cereal and fast food.

HA HA! Me too! ya know... you could do a lot worse then snacking on cereal... So long as you're not eating it with Whole milk or cream! I personally use fat free skim. I can't drink the stuff straight, but with cereal and oatmeal it's fine.

#27 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:16 PM

I've got a comic page I drew somewhere around here of Count Dracula, Count Chocula and Count Von Count living in the same castle.

Found it. I made this almost 10 years ago. This is the corner of the page with all 3 of them.
Posted Image

Edited by kevinmayle, 21 January 2007 - 02:33 PM.

#28 MUSCLETOYS

MUSCLETOYS

• Legends
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Keshi, Minifigs, Baseball Cards, Travel, Disc Golf, Bigfoot, Pizza, Beer

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:44 PM

I've got a comic page I drew somewhere around here of Count Dracula, Count Chocula and Count Von Count living in the same castle.

Found it. I made this almost 10 years ago. This is the corner of the page with all 3 of them.
Posted Image

HA! That's cool!! I still have all of the fan art from when I used to run The FrankenBerry Fanatics web-site. I'll have to post some tomorrow. You'll get a kick out of it.

#29 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:33 AM

Any chance of you posting your article that was in issue 12 of Freakie Magnet?
Posted Image

Edited by kevinmayle, 22 January 2007 - 12:36 AM.

#30 MUSCLETOYS

MUSCLETOYS

• Legends
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:05 PM

I'm sure I have that article on disk somewhere. I'll have to look for it. If I can't find it, I guess there's always the scanning of the article itself. I'll just need to dig it out from my closet. So... do you have every issue of The Freakie Magnet magazine? I haven't looked at them for ages! I really need to break them out and look at them.

#31 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:20 AM

No, I never got around to getting them when they came out.

#32 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:04 PM

You know what I hate? When I was younger, the Pebbles cereals all had figurines in them, but my mother would never buy it for me. Now I can get the damn stuff, and there's no premiums. I hang on to cartoon character related cereal boxes.

By far the WEIRDEST cereal I ever had was Buzz Lightyear. I forget off the top of my head what it was called, but it was VRY bizzarre and sugary. It was like green and purple disks with purple gram crackers shaped like the LGM's, Buzz, and Zurg.

I also really can't stand the flavor of the new "WHole grain" General Mills cereals. They totally ruined Count Chocula and CoCoa puffs for me.

As for premiums, I did like when Kellogs and Kebler merged and you were able to send away for a full set of prizes VS getting a crap load of cereal boxes to get them. I have some Cartoon Network DVD's and rev up tops from that.

I also WANTED to send away for the Darkwing Duck PVC set when I was younger, but I've managed to track most of them down seperately. I still need Gosalyn, though.

I loved when General Mills had the DVD give away. I bought a couple of boxes of Lucky Charms to get Inspector Gadget and the Super Mario 3/Heathcliff disks.
Posted Image

#33 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:21 AM

You know what I hate? When I was younger, the Pebbles cereals all had figurines in them, but my mother would never buy it for me. Now I can get the damn stuff, and there's no premiums.

I also WANTED to send away for the Darkwing Duck PVC set when I was younger, but I've managed to track most of them down seperately. I still need Gosalyn, though.

The Pebbles figurines were the shiznit! I love, and still have, many of their dinosaur figures, both the painted and color-changing versions, and can't believe I never bothered to think that other people would remember those sorts of things as well. Also have the Dino sports figures, one or two from the boxes plus a comlpete mailaway set.

I've also got Tale Spin figures hiding around here, but never knew they did a set for Darkwing Duck. Neat.

#34 MUSCLETOYS

MUSCLETOYS

• Legends
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:39 PM

<<<<You know what I hate? When I was younger, the Pebbles cereals all had figurines in them, but my mother would never buy it for me. Now I can get the damn stuff, and there's no premiums....
The Pebbles figurines were the shiznit!>>>>

Fruity Pebbles had some awesome figures in the 90's. I've got tons of em! I especially like the glow in the dark Dinosaurs. Once I get my M.U.S.C.L.E. updates done that I'm currently working on, I'm going to add a bunch of cereal premium pics to the cereal section, which will include tons of fruity pebbles stuff!
Cheers!

Edited by MUSCLETOYS, 10 February 2007 - 09:39 PM.

#35 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:14 PM

I am not sure if I have posted this here or anywhere...but, I do have some "Yellow Zonkers" space/alien figures in my collection I would like to sell. I have probably 12 of them. 50% are blue and 50% are red.

PM me if anyone is interested in them. :o

TGB

#36 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:45 PM

I remember some Cap'n Crunch mini-figures, of the Cap'n, the Soggies, and the Sogmaster.

I'd love to have a set of 'em.

#37 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:19 PM

I loved cereal premiums as a kid! I remember that I always had to wait to open the packet until I had finished the old one where as my friend was allowed to open new packets as soon as he got them home! I was kind of jealous sometimes but it did make me have an extra large helping of cereal in the morning!

Anyway, I'm not sure if these were UK only but my fondest memory of cereal premiums were Rice Crispies, Snap, Crackle and Pop. I've waited AGES to post in this thread as I wanted to pick some up from ebay first, and finally I have (about 30 of them!)!

Attached File  crispies.jpg   98.07K   28 downloads

I remember at school about 7 or 8 years old taking a couple of these in to show a friend (we both shared an interest in cereal premiums and MUSCLE and I always envied his one green Alice Island GPK cheap toy...). Well, we weren't allowed toys at school and we got caught with them. They were confiscated until the end of the day - I was gutted!!!

Thanks Darrin for reminding me of the good old days :lol:

Posted Image

#38 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:49 AM

Okay, not Cereal related, but still a prize thing:

When I was young, my older brother had a set of yellow plastic McDonald's characters, about the same size as MUSCLE figures.

they were unpainted and unposeable, and totally cool.

#39 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:53 AM

I've also got Tale Spin figures hiding around here, but never knew they did a set for Darkwing Duck. Neat.

They did... and Goof Troop as well. I managed to find the DW and Goof Troop figures in second hand shops, ALl I need Is Gosalyn, and the 2 Goof Troop Kids. I actually have the Baloo and Don Carnage too. But my most prized one is Gizmoduck from the Ducktales set... mainly cuz It cost me about 2 bucks...

BTW, anyone else see those new Spiderman 3 Watersquirters in General Mills cereals?
Posted Image

#40 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:41 PM

BTW, anyone else see those new Spiderman 3 Watersquirters in General Mills cereals?

Hells yeah! My wife made me buy her like 4 boxes of Reese Puffs cereal cuz its on sale, and just today I realized that the prizes were actually in the box and not some crummy mail away BS or something like that. We were both stoked to see a cereal actually have a decent prize right in the box. It thought those times were over. But now I dont just want one, I want the whole set... :cry:

EDIT: We just checked, and the prizes aren't actually in the cereal but on the outside of the bag, in the box. Needless to say, we opened all the boxes to reap the rewards, and the only fig I need to finish the set is the one I actually wanted the most, VENOM. Sweetness.

EDIT: I also just found this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by asator, 07 April 2007 - 07:51 PM.

#41 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:07 PM

I never knew about the SM3 water squirters until I saw them myself in Safeway last night. What was lame was that the only cereal I noticed with them was Lucky Charms, which I don't really like and we never buy, so it'd look too conspicuous to have convinced my mother to get it, haha. Since I don't like it either, I wouldn't have even wanted to get a box myself.

Maybe if I check Giant or something, I'll find them in a more appealing cereal. Vemon is definitely the coolest of the bunch!

#42 lmdlu

lmdlu

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:14 AM

No Cereal Premiums but something like that... Nesquick Premiums ! With my preafer collection : The Cosmoquicks :

Posted Image
I'm a MOTU collector, but a newbie in Beast Formers !
Posted Image

#43 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:26 PM

I never knew about the SM3 water squirters until I saw them myself in Safeway last night. What was lame was that the only cereal I noticed with them was Lucky Charms, which I don't really like and we never buy, so it'd look too conspicuous to have convinced my mother to get it, haha. Since I don't like it either, I wouldn't have even wanted to get a box myself.

Maybe if I check Giant or something, I'll find them in a more appealing cereal. Vemon is definitely the coolest of the bunch!

I wholeheartedly agree. It only figures that its the one I wouldnt get. Ah, the story of my life. :)

#44 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:19 PM

I recently found out that my girlfriend's mother used to be a cereal toy designer! She designed many Fruity Pebbles and Captain Crunch premiums. I believe she drew them and sent off the designs to be sculpted elsewhere. I hope that one day she digs out her old boxes of things and shows me all of the work she's done, if she kept any of it. She designed these classic toys! She has some sitting on her desk that may be one-ups or prototypes, they seem like they are a different material than actual specimens.

Is there a go-to fan site for cereal premium? I'd like to see if she's interested in doing an interview or article on her story.

She told me a little bit. I'm not certain on the details but the cereal toy Golden Age was apparently felled by a toy that her family made. Some of her siblings took over and made the wrong move in having a multi-part toy's components manufactured at separate factories. When the parts came together they didn’t fit perfectly...yada yada yada some kids swallowed small parts...the end!

Attached Files

#45 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE #136, TMNT Sidekicks, GB Companion Ghosts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:55 AM

Most of my mornings were filled with sugary goodness as a child. I don't remember many specific toys that I got other than a couple exceptions. I feel that at the time I had other toys that I was really into (g.i. joe, transformers, ghostbusters, tmnt etc.) that kept my attention pretty well. It seems that a lot of the cereal premiums were cheap and wouldn't withstand the mud and roaring garden hose rivers like other toys would. I remember it being fun getting them, much like vending machine items but I just don't have those vivid memories like I do with other toys...

I loved (still do :) ) Frosted Flakes and remember saving up UPC's to send in for a Tony the Tiger baseball, which I still have. It along with a transformers ball and one madball is all that remains from my fairly extensive ball collection as a child. I had a large trash can full of random oddities in ball form that we all used to play tag and other games with. The other specific memory I have is the Trix color changing spoons. I loved those things (still do :D ). I think this was around the time that hyper color shirts were really big. I was always really fascinated with these items that seemed to "magically" change color (still am :lol: ). 

I had several of these among similar spoons.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item564bc94490

Would love to get one but that price is as almost as crazy as giving that damn rabbit some of my Trix. I remember placing the Trix rabbit head on the nubs of the spoon. Over time they would wear out and the rabbits head would fall off the spoon making it more difficult to eat with.  

Edited by ScreaminMeemie, 01 March 2015 - 03:09 AM.

#46 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

I recently found out that my girlfriend's mother used to be a cereal toy designer! She designed many Fruity Pebbles and Captain Crunch premiums. I believe she drew them and sent off the designs to be sculpted elsewhere. I hope that one day she digs out her old boxes of things and shows me all of the work she's done, if she kept any of it. She designed these classic toys! She has some sitting on her desk that may be one-ups or prototypes, they seem like they are a different material than actual specimens.

Holy crap! It's actually possible to pinpoint the source of some of the cooler little toys of my childhood! :o Ok, not the Dino Sports figures specifically, but... assuming she's responsible for the infamous Pebbles dinosaurs, this is a huge deal, at least personally. Even if not another detail ever comes of this story, though I hope there is more of course, please feel free to let her know how much her work was actually appreciated and the fact that it's not been forgotten.

#47 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:13 PM

All I ever got was King Vitamin.  It has some toys which were pretty much junk.

#48 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:19 AM

I recently found out that my girlfriend's mother used to be a cereal toy designer! She designed many Fruity Pebbles and Captain Crunch premiums. 

very cool! I still have my Cap'n Crunch premiums. Believe it or not I actually wrote a short-story for my high school composition class premised on pulling that pictured Soggies figure out of the box. :)

Edited by bachamn, 02 March 2015 - 07:19 AM.

#49 Defzombie

Defzombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Plastic Army men, Cowboys, Ninjas, Knights etc..

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

My favorite cereal premiums are these that I got in the philippines. Far east Asia Star wars Attack of the Clones PVC pencil toppers. 
100_4776_zpso2ktzpxv.jpg

EDIT: These are actually made by Nestle

Edited by Defzombie, 09 March 2015 - 02:07 PM.

My blog about action figures: RetroAction Reaction

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com