Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Which version of Sunshine is your favorite?

M.U.S.C.L.E. Sunshine top arch pyramid humanoid

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#26 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Living up to my name

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

The trench coat one is flesh and normal one is yellow.   Also they're the about same height but normal one is wider.   Comparing them to the Mountain, the point of the top of his head is just a hair taller than the trench coat one and a hair shorter than the normal.

#27 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:51 PM

On this topic, see post #18 by Rubberhammer:

http://www.littlerub...howtopic=184601

Trench coat Sunshine comes in the series 7 set (Item #12007 on bottom left of package).  Normal but still with eye patch as well comes in series 12.  Of course there's other classic Kinnikuman characters:

Neptuneman doing his crossbomber also comes in series 7.  Regular older Buffaloman comes in series 1 but ignoring horns he's much shorter than any original Kinnikuman/MUSCLE version with a huge head.  Mike did an awesome custom paint job I've seen though.  I recently noticed and received today series 10 with another dark blue one of him.   Terry the Kid is doing his... (heh at first I can only think of the name "Giant Wiggly Idaho" someone gave it in a youtube video) ...initial start going into his Texas Clover Hold, but the figure stands fine on its own being a Buffaloman with his fist up in the air.   Proportions are a little better, but he's noticeably older and in not as good shape.  Ramenman and Brocken Jr. come in series 4.  Another Ramenman where he let his hair grow out wild is in series 10.   Brocken Jr. in a trench coat comes in 8.

#28 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:20 AM

How about a Sunshine 28-pack?!

Attached File  sunshine28pack.jpg   116.47K   3 downloads

1st row:

1st three are vintage kinkeshi (3rd is yellow!).   4th (blue) is a smaller bootleg keshi, warped as if someone pressed their thumb on it while still too hot.   Then five 29th anniversary smaller reissues,   A metallic red/pink Cosmix all the way on right.

2nd and 3rd rows all MUSCLE with those two Ultimate,   The purples are slightly different shades.  Only MUSCLE colors I don't have some Sunshine in yet are green, magenta, and salmon.

Not pictured are waving Cursed Roller, Arch, and Pyramid duplicates I commissioned a friend to paint and don't have back yet.

Here's official names translated in this list: http://kinnikuman.wi...m/wiki/Kinkeshi

18 Sunshine (MUSCLE #39)
74. Sunshine (B; Tag Team) (MUSCLE #64)
117. Sunshine (C; Cursed Roller) (MUSCLE #3)
189. Sunshine (D; Hell's Arch) (MUSCLE #15)
196. Sunshine (E; Hell's Pyramid) (MUSCLE #107)
272. Sunshine (F; Hell's Top) (MUSCLE #195)
301. New Sunshine (MUSCLE #221)
306. Sunshine (G; Sunshine Magnum) (MUSCLE super rare Black Hole)
Magnum/Black Hole is actually the result of his tag team partner Ashuraman cooperatively punching him in the back and sending the punched out cylinder flying at their opponents.

The Exogini renaming of Sunshine is Marte and the Cosmix name is Gigantor.  bing.com/translator just tells me Marte is Spanish for Mars with no translation from Greek or Italian.

I don't have any of these, but here's some new 2017, 2018 Sunshines that are firmer than vintage Keshi and somewhat closer to MUSCLE, but usually proportioned with a little bit shorter bodies and bigger heads.   Ones not called premium are actually the same quality as ones called so.

Attached File  2017-18Sunshine.jpg   207.65K   3 downloads

New Kinkeshi 04 has Sunshine getting the Kinniku Driver (or the whole towering combination slam is called "Muscle Docking") and I saw Mike did a good custom painting.   New Kinkeshi 05, currently presale only I think, just has a preview of an overall shape of Sunshine.   Premium vol 4 has a normal Sunshine.   Premium vol 5, presale only I think, has a very lame rendition of the Pyramid - easily the worst version ever despite the premium quality.

Edited by Crunkenstein, 13 March 2018 - 03:54 PM.

#29 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:39 PM

The MUSCLE THING has Sunshine's head front and center in it.   Doesn't fit in any 28-pack slots, heh!

Attached File  musclething.jpg   149.39K   0 downloads

I know this one doesn't count, but I couldn't help myself.

Pooping Sunshine!

attachicon.gif20180305_053310.jpg
attachicon.gif20180305_053336.jpg

Oh no! He got it every where, but the toilet!
attachicon.gif20180305_053405.jpg

This reminds me of a prank I played at work when they were remodeling the main restroom and had the toilets removed to somewhere.  I got some really realistic looking hard plastic fake crap (The costume shop said, "We have the best ****."), opened up the door, and slide it beyond the caution tape across the doorway into the middle of the room.   I just heard the guy they had working on it say to the boss, "I don't know!   I didn't check to see if it was real!"

#30 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:44 AM

I love Glo-Bones, but he's still not quite as cool as this guy:

Good eye spotting Glo-Bones! Who or what is the skeleton in your pic?

I remember seeing those Tyco 'Pocket Power' (snicker) sets in a big clearance bin at Newberry's for the longest time.  .79 each, as I recall. 

My brother had Glo-Bones when we were kids. We never really knew anything about him or that there were other toys in the line. Of course when I went to find one a couple years ago it had to be the most sought-after (read: expensive) by far of the Pocket Power toys. C’est la vie.

Back on topic, I find myself thinking more and more about BHS lately. I have never had any desires or delusions of getting into the “super rares”, but BHS is kind of creeping into the back of my mind, waving and taunting me. Are flesh colored BHS kinkeshi hard to come by?

Thank you

#31 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:12 PM

Since no has answered, I don't know how hard is to the get that vintage figure and I guess that single figure will be at least over $10 maybe bazillion, unless the peg is missing.

This 29th Anniversary Reissue set of 20 figures for about $30 includes a smaller version but it may be flesh, red, or blue.   So you have a 1/3 chance of a getting a smaller flesh one: http://www.ebay.com/...=item4d1323da02

Searching for kinnikuman gashapon part

will bring up parts 5 through 11 of these sets.   There's some cool figures exclusive to them, but usually not very large compared to MUSCLE or vintage and there's no new types of Sunshine.

Also to get my reissue BHS/Sunshine Magnum to stand properly I had to dip him in hot, just boiled, water, hold the legs in better position, and dip in cold water to set.   Took some tries.   Some reissues were removed from the molds while still too hot.

Edited by Crunkenstein, 18 March 2018 - 07:20 AM.

#32 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:46 PM

A flesh part 21 Sunshine with PEG will cost you at least $30, if the peg is still attached to the figure you can double that price.

Here is a sun faded one for around $20 (before fees)
https://page.auction...tion/g166021360

Edited by Ericnilla, 17 March 2018 - 08:54 PM.

#33 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:14 AM

I think we should stop calling him Black Hole Sunshine since that's not his real name. Part-21 Sunshine G has a better ring to it, yeah?

#34 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:58 PM

Yeah I can't remember who but a member coined the term black hole sunshine, I'm guessing after the Soundgarden song Black Hole Sun. It was before I was a member here.

#35 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

My guess is that it would be a combo of the name of the figure(Sunshine) and the fact it has a hole in it's chest. The word "black" goes well with hole also. That's how I would name the Muscle I had when I was a kid. Just called them how I saw them.

#36 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:57 AM

My guess, is that the fact he has a hole in his chest is similar to Blackholes hole in his head is why he's called Blackhole Sunshine...But it's anybody's guess really

#37 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:52 AM

https://youtu.be/2MfBZZyuTm0?t=240

( Best video of that song but annoying commercial plays first: https://youtu.be/sqPClltS5k8 )

Attached File  BlackSunshines.jpg   113.07K   1 downloads

Edited by Crunkenstein, 29 April 2018 - 07:55 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: M.U.S.C.L.E., Sunshine, top, arch, pyramid, humanoid

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com