Snuff

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:MIMP

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:55 PM

Hello!

I just picked this lot for 20€. Can't believe it... TWO BEHEMOTH... NY!

Also, the NY HARPY, the NG CYCLOPS, the two NP HYDRAS, NG Manticore, ... I think it was a pretty good deal!

I'm from Spain and the guy that I bought them for too, so I this kind of confirms my guess that the ones that were distributed in Spain were the French ones? (we had the packages, the cards, the checklists translated to Spanish).

Attached Files

#2 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

Definitely a great buy. Congrats!

In my opinion the figures were probably distributed everywhere or at least had some minor overlap. My NY Great Beast came from a childhood collection in the US and many so-called French exclusives have been found in the UK. The color/sculpt combos probably came out in waves where one country like the US may have gotten the beginning waves while Europe etc. got most of the later waves. That said, France still seems to be the most likely place to find your rare neons. Since my matchbox set is complete; I am more interested in the origin of the few examples of "un-produced" standard colors that have popped up over the last two years. So far they the very few that have been found have been in the US, UK and somewhere in Europe. I have a sneaking suspicion that there has to be more of them out there; but they are probably in some less accessible country Like South Africa. I had thought that Brazilian MIMP may have been matchbox since the photos weve seen have un-releassed standard color/sculpt options. I have since managed to buy a complete set and can verify that they are not matchbox but similar to Sonrics; although the colors are limited to the standard four. 

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com