• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

Hi everybody. I was researching a while ago about storage options for M.U.S.C.L.E. figs. I came across a member's post, and he got and recommended those bead cases from wal mart. I got a couple of those and the figs fit well in the little compartments. The question I have is should I drill little holes in the case so air can circulate through it? I came across another post saying M.U.S.C.L.E.s need to "breathe" to prevent deterioration over time from moisture buildup in a container they're kept in. Any truth to this, or is it just being extra careful to prevent potential problems? Think I should break out the drill, or am I just being paranoid? :wacko:

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:16 PM

I can't speak to anything in regards to moisture, but could you not just store the muscles with some silica gel?

That's the little baggies of shit you find in new shoes or computer parts.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

Sounds pretty hokey to me, man. I don't remember anyone ever complaining about Muscle plastic deteriorating, unless it was exposed to sunlight for an extended period.

If that was the case, anyone opening a still sealed ten-pack would probably be pretty ticked off.

#4 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:33 PM

Yeah that sounds fishy. People still open sealed cans that have been sealed for decades by now and the figures are just fine and even have that beautiful fresh muscle smell.

#5 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

Don't forget about the MUSCLE smell! Drilling a hole will release the precious MUSCLE smell.

#6 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:07 PM

Sounds pretty hokey to me, man. I don't remember anyone ever complaining about Muscle plastic deteriorating, unless it was exposed to sunlight for an extended period.

If that was the case, anyone opening a still sealed ten-pack would probably be pretty ticked off.

Yeah that sounds fishy. People still open sealed cans that have been sealed for decades by now and the figures are just fine and even have that beautiful fresh muscle smell.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought as well. Can't imagine the plastic their made of being that delicate and lasting this long. I have to agree that the only thing I can see hurting them would be high heat/sunlight over an extended period. Just wanted to make sure though.

#7 Toymattic

Toymattic

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Zbots, MUSCLE, OMFG, MWOTR, Aliens & Predator

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

Just echoing what others have said - I have kept mine in bags for years at a time with no issues whatsoever.  I would definitely avoid direct sunlight for extended periods of time.  Also, I have a few cans full of M.U.S.C.L.E. figures that have only been opened a few times to preserve that original smell.

#8 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:47 AM

I store tons of different minis in those cases and don't do anything special in terms of poking holes or anything. I can't see how any damage would come to them in there. Only thing is -- and this isn't really an issue if you're storing only MUSCLE -- is that it's best to only have the same consistencies of rubber/plastic touching in a single compartment, because there are certain materials that, when touched together for an extended time, can cause erosion or melting of others. 

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#9 Guest_tarmogoyf_*

Guest_tarmogoyf_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:26 AM

As long as you keep them out of direct sunlight I think it's probably fine. 

#10 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:57 AM

I opened a trash can and the figs were perfect. Great aroma from that 80's air trapped in there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: M.U.S.C.L.E., Storage, Cases, Air Holes

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com