6 replies to this topic

#1 Pran

Pran

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

Is this a possibility? or have the prices gone from 'oh boy thats gonna be fun to collect' to 'serious collectors only'?

#2 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:20 PM

What do you consider cheap for a whole set? There is someone on Ebay that sells complete sets.(w/o Laser Beast) Working rubs w/o weapons goes for $685. Working rubs w/weapons goes for like $900. I was considering buying a no weapon set. But I decided to stick with only collecting Muscle. 

#3 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE #136, TMNT Sidekicks, GB Companion Ghosts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:34 PM

I have almost put together a complete first series, mostly no rubs or weapons, solely from trading. Duplicate MUSCLES, GB ghosts, stuff I'm no longer into. Aside from 4 I had from my childhood I'm 5 or so away from a complete series one. It really depends on the depth and condition you are looking to collect. I use random weapons and accessories I have amassed to arm them. They look rather cool.

It's totally doable. I would recommend buying larger lots on ebay and then trading your extras and other stuff for ones you need. Good luck with the hunt!

#4 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:54 PM

It's totally doable. I would recommend buying larger lots on ebay and then trading your extras and other stuff for ones you need. Good luck with the hunt!

This is 100% the best and cheapest option.

My biggest recommendation is: Have patience. With time you'll finish, at minimum, the first 3 series without breaking the bank. (Assuming that's what you're going for.)

Edited by Draznar, 13 May 2016 - 03:54 PM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#5 Pran

Pran

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:01 AM

Thanks for the tips, i'm trying to get the first 3 series done with complete figures... i find the average figure to be 15-20 dollars plus shipping to Canada, which for me, is a lot. hehe

#6 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:35 AM

Just be patient. Go for lots to avoid those $15 figures. The prices is a little what turned me off. That's why I was considering buying the whole set for $685. If anyone bought each figure for $15 a piece, then a set would be $1140. So even the complete set with rubs and weapons for $900 is still a better deal. But not by much.

I say to still go for it. Wait for good deals. And I'm sure you'll be able to work out some good deals with members here. Even if it's just for a few dozen of beast. 

#7 Spiritcrusher

Spiritcrusher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:40 PM

If you don't already have any Battle Beasts, I would recommend buying the whole complete set and get them all at once, if you have the money and if you're in a hurry to get them.

I bought most of mine individually and paid $15 to $20 for each of them. Looking back, I would have done better to buy the complete set from the start.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com