#1 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Having FUN

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

I made an articulated version of Sunshine to fit in with my Microman collection. He has 2 interchangeable heads and chest pieces:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have a few more on the horizon, stay tuned!

Edited by walkingcondominium, 05 June 2010 - 09:40 PM.

#2 Kollector

Kollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:M.I.M.P, Battle Beasts, GeGeGe no Kitaro,

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

He looks awesome. Nice work !!
I love the interchangeable parts.

Posted Image

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

Very nice~!

#4 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

Beautiful! Characters like this are supposed to be able to MOVE not just stand still :D
Very nice work. Im not sure but it looks like you mated parts (i.e. glued part A to a different part B). If that is the case might i suggest taking a dremel and making a shallow shaped insert in the gold body part where the grey part meets the gold figure. This would allow you to have a tighter/more snug glued fit AND hides more of the grey plastic so that the color transition isnt so stark (not that it bothers me. It looks like a great action figure). I dont know how often you plan on moving the figure but this method would prevent the grey plastic from peeling away from the gold in time.

Incredible figure...one that id like to have personally ;)
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#5 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:40 PM

Beautiful! Characters like this are supposed to be able to MOVE not just stand still :D
Very nice work. Im not sure but it looks like you mated parts (i.e. glued part A to a different part B). If that is the case might i suggest taking a dremel and making a shallow shaped insert in the gold body part where the grey part meets the gold figure. This would allow you to have a tighter/more snug glued fit AND hides more of the grey plastic so that the color transition isnt so stark (not that it bothers me. It looks like a great action figure). I dont know how often you plan on moving the figure but this method would prevent the grey plastic from peeling away from the gold in time.

Incredible figure...one that id like to have personally ;)

Thanks for the replies, guys!
Unfortunately, in order for his joints to work, I have to have as much gray joint exposed as possible, otherwise it's too snug and he's back to being a statue. I tried to find a middle ground that I was satisfied with. I may redo him in the future with different joints (these are more for Gundams, Transformers and Mecha-models) that might help a bit.

Here's what I used:
Big Size Ball Joint

Here's what I plan on switching to:
Ball Shaped Joints

It might help, it might not. B)

Thanks again for the comments!

#6 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

Awesome! I really like this, would love to have one! :D

#7 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:14 AM

:D Wow, that looks awesome!

#8 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:16 AM

Thanks!

If anyone would like to send me the Sunshine statue and joints (follow the link to HLJ above) I'd be happy to put one together for you. I won't paint the gold roller/chest piece, but I will cut and dremel out the figure and attach your joints and send it back to you. Just throwing that out there.

Send me a PM if you are interested,

Joel aka Walking Condo

#9 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

I articulated my Kinkotsuman (Banpresto 1999) with a neck ball joint and new Microman hands. The hands are of course, interchangeable, but he has to be able to hold a piece of some sort, right? I haven't gone back to look at his pistol, so this rifle is standing in until then.

Posted Image

Since I'm posting, I'll share my custom ring set-up as well.

Posted Image
My ring is just an old WWF Hasbro ring that I refurbished. I spray painted 2 of the posts red, the turnbuckles black and added some yellow ropes made from bungee cord I found on eBay. I have tons of colors, but I like the yellow for now. I also found some barricades, tables, chairs, barbed wire, etc. made for 3 3/4 figure on eBay and got them too. I finally found the Muscle Fight background scenes and I plan on enlarging and printing them off to complete my little diorama. I might even complete a picture fed! ^_^

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by walkingcondominium, 26 April 2010 - 06:47 PM.

#10 Kollector

Kollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:M.I.M.P, Battle Beasts, GeGeGe no Kitaro,

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:32 AM

That looks awesome !! Nice display piece.
Very cool. ^_^

Posted Image

#11 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

Love the setup. Kinkotsuman is another of my favs and it's cool to see him articulated. Perhaps you can give a more frontal shot when you have a chance :rolleyes:

#12 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

Okay, while I'm waiting on some new Micro/Kinnikuman bodies to arrive from Japan, I started these two bad boys!

NEPTUNEMAN! I like the bigger Superman body, but I'm not a big fan of the arms. The wrists are kinda spindley, and they are too sinewy and long overall. But...I'm going with it anyway.
Posted Image
I couldn't decide which head to use, I had to cut both heads to see which one looked like a better size match. I thought the Tag Team statue head would be too small, but it turns out it's a better fit than the larger head.

Posted Image
Okay, dremeling out the vest was a pain in the bootay! I made all kinds of mess, breathed in toxic fumes, etc. but it was all worth it, as I began to see how nicely this vest would fit the Superman body!

Posted Image
After dremeling out the boot fur, I put the pieces together, and I like what I see so far! I used some Magic Sculpt to smooth away his belt, and have begun painting him tonight (he's in 100 pieces for this) hopefully tomorrow night I can put him back together and put the finishing touches on him. Then I'll really start working on this monster:

Posted Image
Should be fun! :lol:

#13 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:04 AM

I love it !

These characters deserve this type of treatment :lol: What are you painting the body with ?
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#14 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:58 AM

I love it !

These characters deserve this type of treatment :) What are you painting the body with ?

The Microman body with Tamiya spray paints: Flat Flesh and Metallic Black for trunks and boots. The vest and fur will be painted with acrylics, most likely Vallejo brand.

And I agree that these characters deserve the articualted treatment! I was bummed the Microman line ended so soon without giving us Neptuneman, Kinnikuman Soldier, Phoenix, Zebra, etc. The Glorious Muscles line is nice, but I'm not sure of it's status at the moment either. I hope it's still going on, I love to see them make some of the bigger characters, a la Buffaloman and Akuma Shogun...like say Sunshine and Mammothman! Until then, I guess I'll have to do it!

Joel

#15 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:49 AM

I finished my Neptuneman figure!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's a couple of better pictures of my articulated Kinkotsuman

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Class Photo!

#16 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

That was really quick! :o I thought it was going to take few days or even weeks to make Neptuneman. Good job man. You got skillz! :rolleyes:

#17 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:28 PM

that. is awesome!

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#18 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:21 AM

Really great!

#19 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

That was really quick! :D I thought it was going to take few days or even weeks to make Neptuneman. Good job man. You got skillz! :D

Thanks! Neptuneman came together really fast. His body took the Tamiya spray paint perfectly. I was afraid of "paint rub" in all his joints, but the spray paint (which is for plastics) seemed to adhere to the plastic permanently, and he's just as poseable as ever. Now Mammothman might take a few weeks, what with all the sculpting involved with this one!

Joel

#20 Ramenking

Ramenking

The Noodle Devourer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, Ultimate Muscle, Wrestling, Eating up Them Noodles, and Spriting.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:56 PM

Hey I love all the work youve done. Especially the Neptuneman, but Im just wondering is Mammothmans head off of a Dr Eggman Toy? Ohh and I cant wait to see how he turns out.

#21 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:39 AM

Hey I love all the work youve done. Especially the Neptuneman, but Im just wondering is Mammothmans head off of a Dr Eggman Toy? Ohh and I cant wait to see how he turns out.

It's from a mini-Mammothman figure, similiar to these:

Posted Image

Joel

#22 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:31 AM

Niiiiiiiiiiiice :thumbsup: It really makes me miss my miniature articulated Neptuneman. Im going to have to make a new one soon. Incredible work and i hope your enjoying them. I may have to score some of those "big head" mini figures at some point. I like that they stay true to their animated depictions.

#23 Ramenking

Ramenking

The Noodle Devourer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, Ultimate Muscle, Wrestling, Eating up Them Noodles, and Spriting.

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:25 PM

Dang! Really I could have swore is was Dr. Eggman... ohh well its still gonna look awesome anyway. Cant wait to see it.

Ramenking.

#24 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:29 PM

I've been wanting to do something very similar to this for quite awhile.... in my spare time...

But wow you are doing some cool stuff here. Yeah that all looks like a blast & you're turning out some really fun work here. Thanks for sharing!

#25 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

Posted Image
A couple of WIP shots of my forthcoming Wolfman and Ashuraman figures. I need help with ideas for Wolfman's braided cords on his sumo diaper :D , anybody have any ideas? Ashuraman is waiting on a real body plus 2 more sets of arms. I orderd the vinyl figurine (like the Neptuneman piece) so I should be able to steal bits and pieces from it, like his skirt and chest piece, maybe his bracelet thingies.

Posted Image
Wolfie is a little shorter due to the different torso, but a little more variety on the figure shelf is a good thing! Plus, I really wanted something bulkier for his sumo frame. I might make a Beauty Rhodes with this recipe as well. I did make a mold of his mini big head figurine. I have shrunk heads using Hydroshrink many times, and plan on doing that for Beauty and a few others.

Posted Image
Mammothman got his feet fur partially sculpted tonight. He isn't coming together as quickly as Neptuneman due to the fact that I don't have all the necessary parts I want to pick up yet. But don't worry, Neptuneman will be serenading him with an acoustic quitar soon. :D ;)

Thanks for all the comments, as customizers know, it's only fun to share creations when you get feedback, both kinds! :thumbsup:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com