11 replies to this topic

#1 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

I was at my local Target last week doing the usual toy aisle inspection and I was stunned to find one peg with about 6 packs of Handful of Heroes! After about 4 or 5 years, I had never found these figs outside of select Wal-Marts and Toys R Us. I'm thinking Target may be giving them a shot with just a single peg but it may be a start to wider availability. Another interesting fact is that they are priced at $4.99! That is remarkably low! Wal-Mart's initial price was like $5.76 at their premiere release about 4-5 years ago. Their price currently stands at over $8! That's over $1 per figure. Outrageous! Sadly, the Target group is all Wave 2. I personally think Wave 1 had better characters. But I am happy to see them making a small reemergence at a fair price. Maybe this will stimulate the line and help launch a Wave 3. They have a ton of characters that have yet to be done in this form. I'm hoping for Moon Knight, Hydro Man, Hobgoblin, Mr. Fantastic, Thanos, Storm, Professor X, Carnage, and Vision. I would also like to see a revision of Venom.

Edited by phantomeye, 22 March 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#2 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Is there a Punisher or Plastic Man figure?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#3 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

I saw a single peg too at Target; was quite surprised myself!

There is a Punisher sculpt in Series 2, but no Plastic Man.

#4 KingJefferson

KingJefferson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Where do you live? That's sweet if all of the targets carry them. I can make my hulk army bigger

cool-monkey-drummer.gif

#5 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

I saw them at a local Target (Chicagoland) a couple weeks ago, too. Like yours, they just had one peg full of them. I was surprised to see them suddenly appear there-seemed so random. Had to get a pack!

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#6 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

I just saw them at target and walmart

#7 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Where do you live? That's sweet if all of the targets carry them. I can make my hulk army bigger

I'm in eastern Iowa. So Target stores in this region and Chicagoland area are representin the HoH!

#8 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Is there a Punisher or Plastic Man figure?

You should definitely check these out. Punisher has a killer sculpt. One of my favs from Wave 2. Also, Deadpool and Nick Fury are very cool figs packing heat but they are from Wave 1.

#9 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Plasticman is DC homie!

And the Targets around here have them for $5, flat. I wish they'd either release a third wave, or integrate the first wave into these packs. I need more WWHulk and Rulk, damnit!

#10 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

I live in Austin, TX. Have only checked one Target so far (out of many, many stores) so I'm not sure how widespread the distribution is.

#11 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

Yeah I saw them last week at the City Target in Downtown Chicago, then again this morning. I noticed 2 packs less from my last inspection. Good for them.

#12 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Yeah I saw them last week at the City Target in Downtown Chicago, then again this morning. I noticed 2 packs less from my last inspection. Good for them.

I'm kind of surprised they have them there, since their action figure section is a lot smaller than normal targets and they never carried SLUGs. I work two blocks away, so I'll have to head over there and see if they have any I want.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com