• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Positronic Man

Positronic Man

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:God and Toys. <br><br>Specific toys? Transformers, He-Man, and MUSCLE pretty much. Anime, video games, and other such things are great too.

Posted 14 July 2003 - 06:39 PM

All right, I'm wondering. What are the typical values of 4-packs, 10-packs, the poster, etc.? I have been buying flesh 4-packs from my fleamarket for $3 for the past few months, someone told me that it was a great deal, and now I'm wondering how much the things usually go for.

All things aside, I think this will still be an affordable hobby (I let myself get into it because I'm already collecting Transformers and He-Man and figured it wouldn't be too taxing).
"One being's junk is another's art."
--Pipes

"The strongest tyrant cannot crush freedom of thought."
--Brainstorm

"Do not overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
--Romans 12:21

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 06:48 PM

http://www.littlerub...?showtopic=2437

Check out the FAQ's at the bottom of the main forums page.

$3 for a flesh 4-Pack is a KILLER DEAL!

#3 Positronic Man

Positronic Man

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:God and Toys. <br><br>Specific toys? Transformers, He-Man, and MUSCLE pretty much. Anime, video games, and other such things are great too.

Posted 14 July 2003 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for the link! :blink:
--Pipes

--Brainstorm

#4 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 15 July 2003 - 01:41 PM

Hey positronic man, do they sell more than flesh 4-packs at your flea market? Like could you get colored figures too? If so, i would definately pay you to go shopping for me, im sure other guys would to, but i get dibs on figures on my list!!! do they sell the ten-packs too? Definately pm me or post a message and let me know, I cant buy stuff off ebay anymore for only one or two figs in a lot, i'm hard up for a good source of colored muscles.
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#5 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 05:48 PM

This hobby can be pretty damn expensive.
I believe that a couple of the flesh M.U.S.C.L.E. figures have special powers that get you to buy more and more wrestling partners for them. These magic Musclemen will even get you to buy their Japanese relatives Kinkeshi figures.
Kinkeshi cost a bit more and can run over $15.00 per figure! If you let the magic Muscle figures take advantage with their magic you will find yourself spending mad loot! -_-

#6 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 07:05 PM

Yeah, that's a pretty good deal on a 4pack there, guy.

#7 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 11:09 PM

These magic Musclemen will even get you to buy their Japanese relatives Kinkeshi figures.
Kinkeshi cost a bit more and can run over $15.00 per figure! If you let the magic Muscle figures take advantage with their magic you will find yourself spending mad loot! :notme:

They're evil I tells ya. EVIL! I'm gonna start to shell out my dough for kineshi now too. Some of em are pretty damn expensive. I only have six non muscle sculpts right now, but they are still some of my favorite parts of my whole collection. I like the fact that there are so many to collect. B)

Kinnikuman figures ROCK! ;)
Posted Image

#8 Positronic Man

Positronic Man

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 12:19 AM

Originally posted by Beligerant1
Hey positronic man, do they sell more than flesh 4-packs at your flea market? Like could you get colored figures too? If so, i would definately pay you to go shopping for me, im sure other guys would to, but i get dibs on figures on my list!!! do they sell the ten-packs too? Definately pm me or post a message and let me know, I cant buy stuff off ebay anymore for only one or two figs in a lot, i'm hard up for a good source of colored muscles.

Whoa, slow down, man. There are a grand total of two 4-packs left there (and nothing else MUSCLE). I'm going to buy both this weekend. One I'm going to open up, the other I'm planning on putting up for trade on these boards.

Originally posted by MIWP
This hobby can be pretty damn expensive.
I believe that a couple of the flesh M.U.S.C.L.E. figures have special powers that get you to buy more and more wrestling partners for them. These magic Musclemen will even get you to buy their Japanese relatives Kinkeshi figures.
Kinkeshi cost a bit more and can run over $15.00 per figure! If you let the magic Muscle figures take advantage with their magic you will find yourself spending mad loot!

I'll be careful.

(this is where you say "you'll be dead!")

But really, I don't see myself getting into anything more than American MUSCLE, so I think I'll be fine. I think. :notme:
--Pipes

--Brainstorm

#9 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 06:51 AM

But really, I don't see myself getting into anything more than American MUSCLE, so I think I'll be fine. I think. :p

Oh, he says that now. Heh heh don't underestimate the power of Kinnikuman. :lol:

#10 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 09:40 AM

Yeah, as long as you can avoid the Kinnikuman bug you'll be fine. Make sure you watch out for the Romando bug. That'll KILL your wallet.

Worse than drugs I tell you! :p

#11 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 12:39 PM

Worse than drugs I tell you! :lol:

Hehehhe..
I had to cut back on drugs because of my Kinkeshi addiction!
I too once said that I only want to collect Muscle figures.... Ha!
Although collecting can be expensive at times, Muscle collecting is a hobby and is tax deductable! Keep your receipts my friend, you can get back some of your money at tax time!

#12 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 01:32 PM

DON'T OPEN IT!

NOOOO!

Trade someone for the figures in the pack, MINT and without blue dots on their backs, and then about twelve or more MUSCLES in addition!
Posted Image
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#13 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:01 PM

Seriously dude, dont open it. Trade it for some open ones that are fresh. That way youll save money in the end. Think about it....
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#14 Positronic Man

Positronic Man

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 10:29 PM

Too late! I already opened it...however, the other one was traded as planned.

Oh well. :D
--Pipes

--Brainstorm

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com