2 replies to this topic

#1 Niku jr

Niku jr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:28 PM

Hey Mr.Jkaris, your character icon is Terribull?!! So I guess you know about him more than the others. So tell me, is he much of an excellent wrestler/combatant? He was supposed to be Muscleman's equal rival, right? So that means he's about as good as Muscleman/Suguru.

ElTr, Yeah I do think you're right...they should make more MUSCLES that put up their dukes to fight!

Maxim, nah you're wrong...I HAVE tried fighting underwater. I'm a water expert. Believe me, its basically grappling.

Anyways...

I only think that most MUSCLEs have WWF counterparts as far as character ROLES...not appearance or wrestling style/personality. The reason why I think Muscleman was the Hulk Hogan counterpart is the fact that he's the champion, and he has that same inner strength that keeps him winning (kinda like Hulkamania's adrenaline rush).

Sunshine is really evil if he's a villain, yet brandishes a smile on every figure! And he can morph into the Arc De Triumph!? Jeeez!

I still think they should make a special figure for Sunigator that is made of malleable material (since he's a shape shifter).

Another thought: Don't any of you sometimes feel that the MUSCLES are like mutants?...Shunned from society & forced to live in their own mansion...Each unique with their own abilities?

BTW, I'm 25 now. I first got a hold of MUSCLES when I was about 8...and I still have those figures around...I got nearly all of them. How old are YOU folks (now)?

Nakano-San: The one I saw & played with back when, that had the mic under his mouth, ALSO had his mouth open. His hair was the same. Now shouldn't he be put under the official list of rares or not-on-poster?

Its kinda a cool invention, these MUSCLE men are!! Just think...durable combatants who fight NO-HOLDS-BARRED duals! I mean these guys fight matches that would be illegal or would kill a real-life wrestler. And each one is unique, all together adding to a collage or rainbow of many diverse characters! There seems to be a representative character for every monster and/or combat category/icon in pop culture. You have the champion, you have the hothead buffalo, you have the shape shifter, the xtra large giant, the robotics, the ancient warriors, the modern warriors, the hand puzzle, the fierce animals, etc.
They shoulda made one modeled after an American Gladiator, and another modeled after a tazmanian devil or wolverine. Even one modeled after Batman.

I think I know what's up with that "mohawk" that Muscleman wears. It serves both to keep him from being pinned on his shoulder blades & give him a center-balance to bridge out of a pin position. Keeps him from getting pinned, thus keeps him champion. Hmmm.

Hey has anyone thought of coming up with a role playing game or board game using your MUSCLE men? I mean just to put those toys to good use, besides just having them hang around & looking at them. I figure we could USE them as boardgame pieces. Does anyone wanna do this? It'd be better than that stupid Ultimate Muscle card game at ToysRus!

Edited by Niku jr, 18 July 2003 - 08:50 PM.

#2 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 09:06 PM

THey has anyone thought of coming up with a role playing game or board game using your MUSCLE men? I mean just to put those toys to good use, besides just having them hang around & looking at them. I figure we could USE them as boardgame pieces. Does anyone wanna do this? It'd be better than that stupid Ultimate Muscle card game at ToysRus!

There is already a board game for the original muscles.

Posted Image

#3 Lee

Lee

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 03:12 AM

BTW, I'm 25 now. I first got a hold of MUSCLES when I was about 8...and I still have those figures around...I got nearly all of them. How old are YOU folks (now)?

They shoulda made one modeled after an American Gladiator, and another modeled after a tazmanian devil or wolverine. Even one modeled after Batman.

1. I'm 12 years old.

2.They were made in Japan so those things most likely weren't popular.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com