48 replies to this topic

#1 Niku jr

Niku jr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 09:52 PM

I wanna start a boycott and/or protest against those Muscle figures that are scrawny as hell, and are NOT worthy of the title "MUSCLE"! What in carnations are they doing here?!

First one on the guillotine....Ramenman!
Followed by Curry Cook! And so on!

If anyone else wants to join me in the execution of such guilty "scrawnies", please feel free to join!

#2 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:03 PM

looks kinda like your just making topics for the sake of making topics (post count).

Anyways, just because they arent strong looking doesnt mean they have no muscle. Remember size doesnt matter.

Posted Image

#3 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:35 PM

Ramenman could easily rip people in half.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:48 PM

I've always thought the skinny figures were cool. I especially like the super thin Warsman #35, and also #36 for his skinniness. Those dudes are sweet! ^_^

:p
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#5 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 03:00 AM

I'm in total agreement with Niku jr

Good on ya mate for standing up for the true meaning of 'muscle'
the skinnie guys suck , who the hell they gunna beat in a wrestle ?
i like the tuff looking figures ( my fav #73 ) & and figures that look as if they have had a lifetime of steroid abuse.
Match figures #33 against #34 and you see what i mean. no beef no balls in the ring i say and damn them all to hell that dont hit the weights every day to bulk up enough to call themself a Muscle.

to make my point further i'm going to have a royal rumble with all my figures and any of them look as if they'd be under 100kg are on the skinnies and i'll make sure they get beat up.
So to all you skinnie fun loven freaks, whata gunna do about it hey? i'll tell ya what nothing because your skinnie dudes aren't gunna be much help to back ya up.

ZORD's not skinnie thats why he's the BOSS!!!!

Mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#6 Iron Rabbit

Iron Rabbit

Modernday Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Collecting favorite Muscles. Favorite Muscle collection almost compleat.

Posted 09 August 2003 - 05:18 AM

Anyways, just because they arent strong looking doesnt mean they have no muscle. Remember size doesnt matter.

Agreed. A fighters skill is far more important than his muscle mass. If you know where and how to hit you don't need big muscles to bring someone down.
People worth fighting for. Click the link:

http://www.unicef.org/index.html

#7 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 06:29 AM

M.U.S.C.L.E. is an acronym...not a noun. The skinny guys may not be beefcake, but they are unusual, and small. Also, if you weren't old enough to trade, buy, and carry out an intelligent conversation in 1985-6 then you have no basis for argument...they're OUR toys d*mnnit!

Besides, Bruce Lee wasn't beefcake, but he could beat a whole lot of asses!

#8 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:02 AM

i never really liked the super-skinny figures, either. # 31, 33, 35, 36, 43, 62, 65, 91, 160, and a couple others fit into the "i get my arse whooped" category.

I liked the Ramenman figure, though. He does the 'ridge-hand' (Best of the Best, haha)
Posted Image

#9 Niku jr

Niku jr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:19 PM

Sniper & Pasvag:

You think waayy too much into realms that aren't relevant! I am not "making up posts" just for the sake of post count! This is a bloody FORUM! For MUSCLES!

I post what I feel that others should see. I'm making a role-playing game...so therefore I post it to inform all interested parties. I wanna boycot the "skinnies", therefore I post it. Got it?!

And Pasvag, what the hell was up with that "immature 1885-86" comment?!
Now THAT was unnessary.

Say, how many of you actually have all the figures on the poster?
Me, I only have the ones I really LIKED (that I had from back in the 80's).

#10 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 10:53 PM

whats wrong with lightweight MUSCLE's?

the world of MUSCLE's can't have a cruiserweight division?

If so this is not a world I would want to live in :lol:

I personally feel that the lightweights of MUSCLEs and or wrestling can and are the most entertaining pure athletes

especially the ones that use "Textbook" as their gimmick :p

Printing "Sukaru" all over your body works too lol
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#11 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 04:44 AM

Haha, that guy is so wack :lol:
Posted Image

#12 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 05:18 AM

However....why the hell would we, MUSCLE-heads, want to boycott ANY MUSCLEs?
They all deserve equal love, even if some aren't our favs. I mean, without them, who do the others beat up on? :lol:
Posted Image

#13 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10724 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 11:52 AM

then get the gamecube figures.

question...
if you don't like them, why buy them?

( i like them, i just like the old scale ones more...)

#14 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 12:36 PM

I cant beleive somebody is serious about wanting to boycott skinny M.U.S.C.L.E.
figures... Ramenman, Currycook, Robinmask, and many other skinny figures are sweet as hell! What would M.U.S.C.L.E. be without them? Go ahead and boycott them if you only like bigger figures, if you really dislike them that much you can send all
of your "skinnies" to me!

#15 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 12:51 PM

i guess my other gripe is that terry's mullet is an ape drape... i am partial to the "class of '87", also known as "the nebraska neck warmer".
other than that, though. good shizznit.

i have a 42 year old ex-tattoo artist at work collecting this stuff now.
m.u.s.c.l.e. past or present, is just rad.

#16 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10724 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 12:52 PM

i guess my other gripe is that terry's mullet is an ape drape... i am partial to the "class of '87", also known as "the nebraska neck warmer".
other than that, though. good shizznit.

i have a 42 year old ex-tattoo artist at work collecting this stuff now.
m.u.s.c.l.e. past or present, is just rad.

#17 Niku jr

Niku jr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 05:50 PM

Let me clarify... I think the boycott should go to the skinny ones, NOT all Muscles!

And no, I did not buy the skinny ones. I just feel they could have spent their energies making other various, diverse Muscles in place of the skinny ones (which don't belong there). As a kid, I always traded any skinny ones I got, for muscular ones.

And yes, Bruce Lee DOES have muscles. He's petite, but he's muscular & thus deserving to be a Muscle.

"MUSCLE" isn't an acronym in the REAL Muscle world. The show is called "Ultimate Muscle"....NOT "Ultimate Millions of Unusual Small Creatures Lurkine Everywhere".

Cuz they're NOT small!

And when I mean skinnies, I don't mean their size. I mean the ones with their limbs as thin as a string! Sheik, Curry cook, etc. are "skinny". Just look at them! String/thread like limbs!

And it don't matter if thin people can fight or not, I'm just saying to rightfully be in this league, you've got to have muscles!

Amoiman, but yeah, you're right about one thing. I guess the skinnies COULD serve has rag dolls for the real Muscles to beat up on. Ha ha ha!

But maybe 1 or 2 skinnies would add to variety in the MUSCLE league...NOT 20!

And dude, whoever said (I forgot who) they'd rather see a farting contest, than a "My triceps have biceps".......................All I gotta say is the "triceps have biceps" cartoon/dialog was more serious & exciting. I woulda liked to see where that angle woulda went.

Until next time, "MY HAMSTRINGS HAVE QUADRICEPS!"

"MY SHINS HAVE GASTRONEMIUSES!"

"MY ABS HAVE GLUTES!"

"MY WIENER HAS BICEPS!"

#18 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 06:16 PM

Before you come on here and talk smack about M.U.S.C.L.E. figures or even U.M. figures, do some research! You say the show is called Ultimate Musle but do you even have a clue where its origins are? Some wrestlers are small, some are skinny, and they can kick arse! Size does not mean shizznit... Do you know what a real Muscle even is? Who are the real Chiyoujins?
Oh, and Sukaru would rip your mouth off for talking like this!

#19 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 06:39 PM

You cannot protest G1 figures. They are no longer being made. What would you do, command everyone to melt their skinny figures? And how could you boycott skinny figures?

This thread doesn't make sense. Muscles rock, period.

#20 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 06:47 PM

My comment was a bit childish, I'll give you that. But the whole point of the "G1 only" point of view is that we don't really tend to give an eff about any other aspect of muscle except what we played with as children. All we had to go on was what was printed on the 28packs, 10 packs and 4 packs. We didn't have the luxury of the internet or chat rooms. Most of us didn't know anything about evolution of the line until we stumbled upon this site or one like it in our "MID TO LATE TWENTIES.

So there you have a brief synopsis of where myself and several other members of the board are coming from...now that you've had your background lesson, you can spout off all ya want.

Oh yeah...and what MIWP said.

#21 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 04:11 AM

"MUSCLE" isn't an acronym in the REAL Muscle world. The show is called "Ultimate Muscle"....NOT "Ultimate Millions of Unusual Small Creatures Lurkine Everywhere".

Cuz they're NOT small!

And when I mean skinnies, I don't mean their size. I mean the ones with their limbs as thin as a string! Sheik, Curry cook, etc. are "skinny". Just look at them! String/thread like limbs!

And it don't matter if thin people can fight or not, I'm just saying to rightfully be in this league, you've got to have muscles!

Isn't this the g1 forum? Weren't you talking about g1 figures? wasn't the line called millions of unusual small creaturs lurking everywhere.? wasn't ultimate muscle made very recently?

damn....i'm confused
Posted Image

#22 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2003 - 05:45 AM

You cannot protest G1 figures. They are no longer being made. What would you do, command everyone to melt their skinny figures? And how could you boycott skinny figures?

This thread doesn't make sense. Muscles rock, period.

Right on, except G2 MUSCLE's do suck pretty badly. But that's been discussed numerous times.

But is anyone interested in banning Garbage Pail Kids that aren’t actually IN garbage cans? Why do I want to see them if they aren’t in garbage pails? I bought they because it said they were Garbage Pail Kids, not for any other reason. :huh:

#23 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 07:34 AM

Zing!

#24 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 04:46 PM

Right on, except G2 MUSCLE's do suck pretty badly. But that's been discussed numerous times.

Oh, no doubt. They shouldn't count as MUSCLEs because as pasafagri said, Ultimate Muscle isn't even an anagram for anything.

#25 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 04:56 PM

Haha, that guy is so wack <_<

:lol: This and teh part about how this thread makes no sence made my day abit better.

I call sakurua and this other dude (forgot his name at the moment) naked man 1 and two. I just wish they would wear some clothes.... They probably are the most disturbing tag team... :huh:
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com