• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:23 AM

Here we go guys! These are the pics i promised in the "What you got in the mail" thread.

Never seen or heard of these things and had no idea these were in the lot i bought.(Dunno whether you guys heard of/have these since ive had surprises before ;) )

We just might have another star monster thread here haha... i hope. The pics dont show the colour very well on the blue and green shadows so i took individual shots of em(one per colour) i figured the darker colours dontshow cause of the thicness of the figs.

Absolutely wanna hear what you think of these! :D

Big question is the authenticity but i think their genuine since series 1 had its blue shadows and cause the sculpt matches the orginal, the feel/elasticity matches originals and they have numbers as shown in the pics(match normal shadows of course)

As you see i dont know much about these so all info is appreciated also what they are worth since im in desperate need of money though i wont be selling them all.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files

#2 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:53 AM

Not to burst your bubble but I have some of these. The guy I got them from (don't remember who but he was a board member at the time) took the shadow figures and used some dye to make them red,green and dark blue. Kind of cool but not moose produced.

Edited by Mr.Monster, 10 January 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#3 Jesse

Jesse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:03 AM

eff... that was fast... though not about the red shadows... they are more visible/see through and seem the most authentic but cheers anyway! :/

What i ment there the red ones dont seem dyed... ill wait if i get some more info and then if not perhaps ill split one of the blue open to see whether theyre dyed

Edited by Jesse, 10 January 2015 - 09:06 AM.

#4 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:09 AM

Not to burst your bubble but I have some of these. The guy I got them from (don't remember who but he was a board member at the time) took the shadow figures and used some dye to make them red,green and dark blue. Kind of cool but not moose produced.

Just some positive back and forth- not saying these are genuine or not- I don't know anything about Moose lines....Is it possible to dye them so they are still translucent? Wouldn't a dye cover the transparency? Seems like they are through and through colored and a dye wouldn't do that as far as I know, as rubber or resin are not absorbent materials. They look cast clear colored to me.

Just my eyeballs view-

I've been soaking a flesh colored muscle in waterbase pigment dye for months....took it out and the shit cleaned right off.... Crazy- I figured a few months of soaking in dye would take to the muscle but it didn't.

#5 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

I haven't tried dying them but there wouldn't be any reason for the guy to make that up. Here's a crappy cell phone pic of mine, I thought I had a few series 2 but they're all series 1. Some are crystal figures that were dyed. The 4 in front are purple.

Attached Files

#6 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:38 AM

I say crack one open if you want an answer.

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

If Moose made different color Series 1 figures, it makes sense that they would have also made them for Series 2.
Authentic or dyed, they are pretty friggin sweet!

#8 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

Hell, I'd trade mine if anyone is interested. I have no attachment to them

#9 Jesse

Jesse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:11 PM

Same her though i like the green ones and also want to keep all... gargans...was it called... anyway the guy in all three colours.

But to me the question is if someone trustworthy/veteran collector could confirm these were real, would these be worth any money if they are authentic?

Cause as i said i could really use the money right now...

#10 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

If you need cash and have any series 2 stuff you want to part with, I'd be interested in working out a deal. If you want to keep that stuff, I completely understand.

#11 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

I've never seen these before.

If Moose did make these colored figs, like they did with the series one mail-away figs, then could there possibly be series 2 repaints, like those from series one? They were both mail-away premiums.

I don't know why someone would lie about dying these, but they do look awfully clear to just be dyed shadows.

And, how did they dye them without dying the point value on the bottom of the foot?

The green fig , in Jesse's pic, has a white 1 on his foot.  If it was dyed wouldn't that be green also?

Edited by Rubberhammer, 10 January 2015 - 03:22 PM.

#12 Jesse

Jesse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:39 PM

All of the figs have numbers coloured white matching the originals./normal shadows.

If you need cash and have any series 2 stuff you want to part with, I'd be interested in working out a deal. If you want to keep that stuff, I completely understand.

I might have some ill post it her in a while!

Edited by Jesse, 10 January 2015 - 03:40 PM.

#13 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

Well, I cut a red Gregor in half like Riddler suggested and it could be one of three things:
1. The outside being dyed red plus the translucence, makes it look red all the way through
2. The dye seeps in? I don't think this is possible, I'm assuming the plastic isn't deeply pourous
3. They're factory made

The white on the feet does look tinted to me. Maybe the dye doesn't stick to the paint as well as the plastic. I do have a hyper Tremmor with pink hair that he dyed too. I couldn't believe these were factory made unless we actually got confirmation from moose or pictorial proof.

Edited by Mr.Monster, 10 January 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#14 Jesse

Jesse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

So it wasnt red on the inside?

Also do you have any series 2 coloured shadows to check?

Edited by Jesse, 10 January 2015 - 04:05 PM.

#15 EnigmaGamer

EnigmaGamer

Video Game Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Video Games

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

Awesome, I like them :)

#16 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:07 PM

It was red, at least it looked red. I don't have any series 2 though I could've sworn I had a shackle and akhtar, guess not.

#17 Jesse

Jesse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:07 PM

Also the weird fact about mine why would someone dye the hard to find s2 figs?

Dunno about that but id almost say theyre real/cast since their coloured on the inside too... perhaps mose made them also the red ones make most sense to me since series 1 had blue the series 2 shall have red shadows. Dunno about the others.

Id be willing to send some expert one just to make sure their real but whos the one able to confirm really?

Edited by Jesse, 10 January 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#18 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

Pic

Attached Files

#19 EnigmaGamer

EnigmaGamer

Video Game Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

Pic

looks like jelly!!

#20 Jesse

Jesse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:16 PM

Tough one here... looks real to me (yours an mine besides the partly painted crystals) i might just auction one of here and see what it goes for.

Still gotta say: theyre right size, number, elasticity, non painted and even have the same smell as all FoP(hahaha you know what i mean ;) )

#21 EnigmaGamer

EnigmaGamer

Video Game Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

Tough one here... looks real to me (yours an mine besides the partly painted crystals) i might just auction one of here and see what it goes for.

Still gotta say: theyre right size, number, elasticity, non painted and even have the same smell as all FoP(hahaha you know what i mean ;) )

That smell makes me jizz a little....

#22 EnigmaGamer

EnigmaGamer

Video Game Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:26 PM

I really wouldn't mind owning some of these dyed or not FoP figures ;)

#23 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:25 PM

Looks real cast, not dyed. Dye wouldn't go through like that.

#24 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

I've been looking into this.  Apparently all it takes is RIT dye which will leach into the plastic far beyond the surface.  Apparently you just put the dye in near-boiling water.  For figs this size it might take 20 minutes to permeate to the center.  

Edited by steverotters, 11 January 2015 - 09:31 AM.

#25 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:13 AM

Yeah, that was the dye I was told was used.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com