57 replies to this topic

#1 Bellatrix101

Bellatrix101

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:32 AM

Any idea who the lucky person was who brought the new super rare that has been spotted "Robinmask's father" on craigslist?

My offer of $800 was rejected :yes: I would have loved to have owned that! :M:

I've attached the auction pic

Attached File  Muscle.JPG   348.77K   263 downloads

And also some more pictures the seller sent me

Attached File  D00038.JPG   217.83K   259 downloads

Attached File  D00040.JPG   186.33K   157 downloads
Always looking for m.u.s.c.l.e figures for my colour collection. If you can help please pm me. Thank you

http://www.muscledb....list.cgi?mid=86

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

Another Super Rare, and from Part 21 no less. :yes:

Do you have a link to the CL ad? What city was it in?

#3 Bellatrix101

Bellatrix101

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:43 AM

http://newyork.craig.../366250993.html

That's the link though the picture is missing now as he told me it is now sold, so i take it he has taken it off there.

Forgot to say the city was New York

Edited by Bellatrix101, 11 July 2007 - 08:44 AM.

Always looking for m.u.s.c.l.e figures for my colour collection. If you can help please pm me. Thank you

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:48 AM

I sent him this:

Hi!

Out of curiosity, how much did you sell this lot for? There was a figure in there worth about $1000. It was the guy holding the cane.

Here is a message board thread discussing your lot:
http://www.littlerub...showtopic=20387

We would love to know more about the figure if you have a chance.

Thanks!
-Johnny

Hopefully he has more info to share, such as who got it, how much it went for, and where he/she originally acquired it.

#5 Bellatrix101

Bellatrix101

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:00 AM

That's a good idea. I never asked him about where he got them or more importantly it from.

He did tell me it went for over $900 dollars. He know he had a super rare in there because of the high offers he was getting.

Let us know what he replies. It will be fascinating to know :yes:

I would like to know whether the buyer will be selling it on or whether it was for there own collection?

Hopefully the buyer will be a member of the boards :M:

#6 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:25 AM

Holy shizznit! I guess its time to start searching craigslist! :yes:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

That's a good idea. I never asked him about where he got them or more importantly it from.

He did tell me it went for over $900 dollars. He know he had a super rare in there because of the high offers he was getting.

Let us know what he replies. It will be fascinating to know :yes:

I would like to know whether the buyer will be selling it on or whether it was for there own collection?

Hopefully the buyer will be a member of the boards :M:

My guess is that it is PhillyMadison who bought it. He is really the only one I can think of from the NY area who would be looking through CL and noticed it was a SR. And it has to be someone who frequents our board, as SR figures are pretty much unknown outside of the M.U.S.C.L.E. group.

#8 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:55 AM

I must be in a bad spot today, because the idea of another super rare just bums me out. Do we know it’s not Kin?

And if I have to start checking Craig’s list, then I might just have to give up. What’s next driving to every garage sale in the greater NY area?

#9 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:17 AM

I must be in a bad spot today, because the idea of another super rare just bums me out. Do we know it’s not Kin?

And if I have to start checking Craig’s list, then I might just have to give up. What’s next driving to every garage sale in the greater NY area?

Judging from the pic, it is definitely a MUSCLE.

Yeah, I'm surprised to see actual toys showing up on CL. Used to, it was only GameCubes, XBoxes and PS3s.

#10 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:21 AM

Yeah baby once again our little friends find a way of keeping us on are toes.Im almost convinced that sold for cheap money as the seller may have not known what he had.This is another miracle in :lol: u.s.c.l.e history,Im just bummed we dont know who it is :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 Bellatrix101

Bellatrix101

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:26 AM

jkaris Posted Today, 08:17 PM
QUOTE(General Veers @ Jul 11 2007, 10:55 AM)

Judging from the pic, it is definitely a MUSCLE.

Yeah i asked the seller all the usual questions. He said it was harder plastic and was the same as the others. I was sure it was a MUSCLE!
I think you can see clearly from the pictures. It looks MINT as well!!

If you put something like "muscle men sale" in google every now and again sometimes you can lucky. :lol:

No need to search all the auction sites out there.

#12 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:45 PM

Cool stuff! So that means that, by the MUSCLE tree theory, that we should expect to see New Asyuraman in MUSCLE plastic soon (pic attached below).

Also, it would be very helpful to figure out who the buyer is. We definitely need some high-res scans of this figure (with some good comparison shots) from a traceable MUSCLE collector to really confirm that it's a MUSCLE. I mean, for all we know, all those figures in that scan could have been Kinkeshi. (Although the detail of the figures makes me think they're MUSCLEs.) Anyway, great find, Bellatrix!

Attached Files

#13 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:43 PM

Well I'll be damned. I would have never thought of Craigs list. I hardly go there anyways. That is awesome, and Bella, great find man, too bad someone else got it. Which makes me really curious, who the hell knew it was super rare if it was not a board member. It looks totally legit as far as muscleness goes. That is awesome. Any board members from NY? Or is there people here obessesed enough to check every city's craigs list for super rares hahahaha. :lol: I actually love that figure, one of the cooler sculpts in my opinion. I really need to dig my collection out of storage and try to get excited about these little guys again.

#14 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:24 PM

You know. It's cool that Super Rares keep getting discovered, but everytime a new one is found, I get a little depressed. ;) Just as long as Alex didn't find it! :lol: :)

Posted Image

#15 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:25 PM

What would be the point of having a SR if you weren't a member here? No one else would care. And if it is a member, what would be the point in keeping it a secret?

#16 Satan+

Satan+

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars , MOTU , M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:46 PM

Excuse me, but I missed something... what the hell is Craigs list?
On the other hand, I am sure the MUSCLE CODE is still unclear. From part 21, we all know SC(missing his sennd part) was spread in the whole country.BHS and SHA were found in doubles in NY area. Dr. Bombay and this Robin Mask´s father were in unique condition again in NY area. So the New Asyuraman and maybe a COMPLETE Satan Cross remains to be found...
And don´t forget part 15. Everyone here is looking for Black Menrui !!!

#17 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:37 PM

What would be the point of having a SR if you weren't a member here? No one else would care. And if it is a member, what would be the point in keeping it a secret?

You have a good point.My wife just thinks its expensive plastic ;) ,but you guys understand the passion :lol:

:)

#18 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:54 PM

Holy carp another one! ;) .
Maybe they are a member here....wants to keep it,
dosen't want to be bothered by offers for it
and most of all being nagged by arforbs to sell
it to him. :lol: , :) .
'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#19 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:27 PM

Holy carp another one! :D .
Maybe they are a member here....wants to keep it,
dosen't want to be bothered by offers for it
and most of all being nagged by arforbs to sell
it to him. :) , ;) .

Funny... :lol:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#20 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:01 AM

yes! another one!
I'm looking forward to see news pops up! :lol:

#21 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:34 AM

Poor Alex. Where's the love?
Actually Alex, you've been trying to sell some of your SRs. What's up with that?

#22 rafael

rafael

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:57 AM

same question.. :lol:

#23 Bellatrix101

Bellatrix101

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:27 AM

same question.. :)

http://www.craigslis.../factsheet.html

"Craigslist is for Local classifieds and forums for 450 cities worldwide" as stated on there web site.

It is now also hunting ground for new super rare m.u.s.c.l.e's :lol:

#24 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:05 AM

I was just thinking about this. Why was this guy taking offers anyways? Craigslist from what I understand is just like a classified ad, not an auction site. If he posted it for whatever price, whoever approched him should have got it for that price, unless I suppose a hundred people contacted him in a short time, then maybe. Thats odd.

#25 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:17 AM

I was just thinking about this. Why was this guy taking offers anyways? Craigslist from what I understand is just like a classified ad, not an auction site. If he posted it for whatever price, whoever approched him should have got it for that price, unless I suppose a hundred people contacted him in a short time, then maybe. Thats odd.

That's what I was thinking. If this guy put it on Craig's list, then he has no idea of the value.

PLUS if I saw a SR on Craig's list, then I'd offer the guy $100 - not $800. If he doesn't know the value, then $100 seems like an awesome deal. There's no way he got a wave of offers.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com