• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:11 PM

Today I went to TRU, Target, and Walgreens.  I saw 4 things at Walgreens that I had never seen before -- most notably, neither at TRU nor Target. 

1. New Nintendo figures by Jakks Pacific

2. New How to Train Your Dragon figures by Spin Master

3. Avengers: Age of Ultron Lego impulse set (76029) with 4 minifigures

4. Hot Wheels Storm Trooper and Darth Maul vehicles

Plus, they have the brand new Wave 5 Slugterra figures (I am looking for one of 5 packs, so maybe you can find one at your Walgreens for me?)

They also carry exclusive Star Wars black series, Marvel Legends, and Pop Funko figures. 

(Not that I saw these specifically today, I am just giving Walgreens props.) 

Here's something to realize (per Wikipedia).

There are 8,217 Walgreens in the US.

They are in all 50 states. 

By comparison:

There are 893 Toys R Us in the US. 

There are 1,934 Targets in the US.

There might not be many toys per Walgreens, but there sure are a lot of stores.  I'm often impressed by how quickly they get new lines, how often they get toys that don't show up at other stores at all, and the fact that they are even carrying exclusive toys now. 

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up to check them out. 

Feel free to post your current and future Walgreens sightings on this thread. 

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 07 March 2015 - 03:12 PM.

#2 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:25 PM

This is the new How to Train Your Dragon wave of figures.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 14 March 2015 - 12:05 AM.

#3 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:32 PM

These Funko Pop figures are Walgreens exclusives -- all four of them.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 14 March 2015 - 12:06 AM.

#4 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:39 PM

One more thing.  I am looking for one pack of Slugterra, from the wave currently at Walgreens. The two-pack is Mo and Aquabeek.  WG cost is $5.  Lots to trade.

Found this one.  Still looking for Wave 3.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 17 September 2015 - 11:24 PM.

#5 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

Walgreens is turning into Toysaurus Jr. 

Some things I have noticed recently.

Ugglys Pet Shop

Shopkins

Mario figs by K'nex

GPK Mystery Minis by Funko

Scalers by Neca

new DC Universe figures

Minecraft mins by Mattel (single and 3-packs)

Minecraft Legos

Lots of new Star Wars stuff

and these *exclusive* Minimates: 

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 17 September 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#6 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

I went to a Walgreens recently and picked up a Terraria Skeleton figure, Teen Titans Go! Robin in Red X disguise 2.75" figure, and Plants vs Zombies 2 2-pack with Jet Pack Zombie & Infinut. I've seen the Plants vs Zombies pack at TRU now, but I haven't seen that Terraria Skeleton or Robin Red X anywhere other than Walgreens yet.

I was surprised by their toy selection too. I only went there looking for Lego series 14 blind bags.

#7 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:38 PM

I went to a Walgreens recently and picked up a Terraria Skeleton figure, Teen Titans Go! Robin in Red X disguise 2.75" figure, and Plants vs Zombies 2 2-pack with Jet Pack Zombie & Infinut. I've seen the Plants vs Zombies pack at TRU now, but I haven't seen that Terraria Skeleton or Robin Red X anywhere other than Walgreens yet.

I was surprised by their toy selection too. I only went there looking for Lego series 14 blind bags.

I thought about collecting the Terraria line and decided against it.  It is huge now at TRU with playsets and exclusive figures.  I have seen the Red X at TRU and not Walgreens.  That Infi-nut I have not seen anywhere.  Our TRU got stuck on the last wave of PvZ and I expect them to go to clearance any day now.  I have never seen PvZ at Walgreens.  Lots of S14 Legos at Walgreens.  They are 50 cents more than other places, but usually not as picked through.  I finally found the plant guy at a WG. 

#8 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:10 PM

My kid used a bunch of Target gift cards on the first Terraria wave. Doubt we'll get that big playset unless it hits clearance, but I'll probably get him the smaller playset with the Wraith figure.

We've got 10 of the S14 Legos so far. Haven't found the 3 zombies, wolfman, plant guy or skeleton trick-or-treater.

#9 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:33 PM

My kid used a bunch of Target gift cards on the first Terraria wave. Doubt we'll get that big playset unless it hits clearance, but I'll probably get him the smaller playset with the Wraith figure.

We've got 10 of the S14 Legos so far. Haven't found the 3 zombies, wolfman, plant guy or skeleton trick-or-treater.

From what I can tell from the Lego blogs is that Wolfman, zombie banker, and zombie cheerleader are the super rares.  The plant guy and the two ghosts are the rares.  I used to buy cases and by the time I sold 4 sets, it would pay for my set to keep.  I have since had to sell off my "for keeps" sets and I cannot afford a case this go round.  Eventually, I do hope to acquire this set though! If only one at a time.  maybe just one or two per week at retail  Ha!

#10 monsterhunter

monsterhunter

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:55 PM

From what I can tell from the Lego blogs is that Wolfman, zombie banker, and zombie cheerleader are the super rares.  The plant guy and the two ghosts are the rares.  I used to buy cases and by the time I sold 4 sets, it would pay for my set to keep.  I have since had to sell off my "for keeps" sets and I cannot afford a case this go round.  Eventually, I do hope to acquire this set though! If only one at a time.  maybe just one or two per week at retail  Ha!

My personal experience has been totally different. I have found 4 of the Banshee or female Ghost, 3 of the Zombie Banker and Ghost and 2 of the Plant guy so they cant be all that rare.

The ones I can't seem to find are the Witch, the Black Widow, the Frankenstein rocker, the Gargoyle and the Zombie Cheerleader.

The Witch and Black Widow are 2 of the ones I wanted most from the set and the reason i keep picking up more. At this point I would have done better paying the ebay markup for a full set.

#11 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:38 AM

I bought just one Lego Monster bag so far and got the Wolfman. There's a bunch of cool ones in the series but I was pretty happy to get that one!

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#12 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:46 AM

I picked up four, and got the skeleton, the banshee, and two ghosts.

The only one I want is the Fly.

Edited by Rubberhammer, 21 September 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#13 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:38 AM

I was able to just feel the bags and buy the ones I wanted. Got skeleton, wolfman and pirate zombie.

Haven't been able to find a reliable source for bump codes this series so went with feeling.

http://brickset.com/article/16289

#14 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:37 PM

Fly guy and plant guy are super easy to find by feeling. 

#15 Spaceknight

Spaceknight

Powerful Living Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:00 PM

Thanks to steverotters for the heads up on the Spidey 2099 minimate! Found one and love it. Thanks again!

#16 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:08 AM

Just a heads up that the Spider-Man Walgreen's Exclusive Funko Pops that made the rounds in March are back in stock.  The store I was at had 3 Venom, 3 Back Spider-Man, 1 Spider-Man 2099, and 1 Punisher.  All 4are WG exclusives. 

Attached Files

#17 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:05 PM

Walgreens strikes back! 5 exclusive Star Wars Pops at Walgreens.  The First Order Stormtrooper (#75) is an army builder released separate from the other four.  The Walgreens that I go to had at least 20 of those!  The other four are in a set and most Walgreens got one or two of each. They are a lot harder to find.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 23 December 2015 - 11:08 PM.

#18 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:53 PM

WG Exclusives. Second series of Marvel Funko Pop Figures.  Second series of Marvel Minimates  At Walgreens now.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 25 January 2016 - 12:56 PM.

#19 Harigorasu

Harigorasu

Collecting Budder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Toys: robots or monsters, '70s to present.

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

After reading this thread I had to go check out Walgreens, we only have 5 of them!

Out here in dirtpatch our Wal★Mart's toy selection's bogus and the only Target's closing, last week was a wash at the hit-or-miss swap meet, I was jonesing for some toys!

Gotta say W'green's selection of the good stuff is pretty fantabulous!

Ended up grabbing 2 of the GPK Mystery minis. Definitely nice figures, pretty nice detail, good size for the price. Got me a Bony Tony and a New Wave Dave. Will definitely be getting more of these in the upcoming.

-If I get any doubles I'll post them up for tradesies. :lol:

Slowly paying off 40 years of lost/broken/confiscated toy karma with my hard-earned cash by re-accumulating:

M.U.S.C.L.E./Battle Beasts/Fistful of Power/Keshi/Trash Bag Bunch/Z-Bots/SOMA Robots, Ninjas, Monsters & Wrestlers/vending toys/Slurfies/Uggly Wugglies /

Capsule Chogokin/G1 Transformers/Bot Shots/POPY Machine Robo/Bandai Scale Robo/Go Bots/Tomy Starriors & Zoids/Starcom Shadow Parasites/

Select Convertors/Rock Lords/Takara Kronoform/Orguss/'80s rayguns/Sega TYCO Pocket Power/Diener Spacemen & Dinosaurs

Knockoffs One-offs & Bootlegs or any combination of the above.

:M:

#20 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:56 PM

The more I see that proto Boba, the more I love it.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#21 Harigorasu

Harigorasu

Collecting Budder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Toys: robots or monsters, '70s to present.

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

Grabbed 2 more GPK Mystery Minis at W'greens #2, Adam Bomb and Clark Can't!

4 picks & no doubles!!!

I really like these guys, they're big, detailed, and true to the original characters.

Probably will head out to W'greens #3 some time this week & pick up 2 more, though my odds of getting a double are increasing!

Slowly paying off 40 years of lost/broken/confiscated toy karma with my hard-earned cash by re-accumulating:

M.U.S.C.L.E./Battle Beasts/Fistful of Power/Keshi/Trash Bag Bunch/Z-Bots/SOMA Robots, Ninjas, Monsters & Wrestlers/vending toys/Slurfies/Uggly Wugglies /

Capsule Chogokin/G1 Transformers/Bot Shots/POPY Machine Robo/Bandai Scale Robo/Go Bots/Tomy Starriors & Zoids/Starcom Shadow Parasites/

Select Convertors/Rock Lords/Takara Kronoform/Orguss/'80s rayguns/Sega TYCO Pocket Power/Diener Spacemen & Dinosaurs

Knockoffs One-offs & Bootlegs or any combination of the above.

:M:

#22 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:17 PM

@HariG

At least you already got Adam!  Adam is the bomb!  Get it? I have an extra Ghastly Ashley / Acne Amy if you want it!

@Draznar

I tried two WG today and Proto Boba is long gone.  I had a feeling it would be.  I was hoping to find the Marvel set, and it looks like they are gone already too. :(

Edited by steverotters, 30 January 2016 - 08:50 PM.

#23 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:26 AM

Following the exact model of Hot Topic and Gamestop, Walgreens will now have an exclusive line-up of Mystery Minis. 

Pretty weak set because of Batman, Batman, and Batman.  But K-Croc should be very easy to find because of weight.  I'd also be down for Pamela Isley -- hopefully she is the lightest.  Maybe Catwoman too.  On second thought, though, even the Poison Ivy looks super boring. Probably just going for the heavy-box Killer Croc!

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 01 February 2016 - 11:05 AM.

#24 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:34 AM

You may have seen these Micro Bobbles from Gentle Giant making the rounds.  Some stores have them blind-boxed, and other stores have them in little clamshells like this.  Wouldn't you know it, WG has an exclusive:  Deadpool. 

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 01 February 2016 - 10:35 AM.

#25 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:03 AM

Here is another one flying under the radar: WWE Stack Down figures from C3.  Walgreens is apparently the only place to get John Cena, The Rock, Sting, and Jake the Snake.

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo, Slugterra, How to Train Your Dragon, Lego

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com