19 replies to this topic

#1 silentrob

silentrob

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:41 PM

Hello all, today is indeed a good day, by dumb luck I found this awesome forum!

I was a big fan of this little line back in the 80s and Ive recently discovered them all over again. Im pleased to say Im having an absolute ball!

About a month ago my buddy mentioned that he was putting together an article for Hasbros Official Transformers Collectors Club newsletter. He asked me if I would be interested in doing some original artwork for the piece. Ive done some work for them before and remembering how much I loved this line as kid, I jumped at the chance. Since then Ive gone completely nuts! Researching, reading, drawing and buying these wonderful creatures. Ive even taken to selling some of my Star Wars collection to finance my new BB habit.

So anyway, I just wanted to say hello. Im looking forward to getting to know all the regulars here and Im looking forward to being part of this thriving BB community. I plan on doing more artwork, I want to start writing some fan fic and even doing some custom work. I have truely been inspired, so thank you!

Later!

Silent Rob

Check out my BB artwork at the Webshots gallery below:

http://community.web...er/silentrob100

#2 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:17 PM

Those are some sweet drawings, :( I am excited to see some more of your work!! Keep it up!! And welcome to the boards!!
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#3 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:33 PM

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! Hope to see more work. Glad we got another fan amongst the boards!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#4 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:15 PM

Nice art my friend!!! :(

WELCOME!!! :D

I am glad this site has inspired you! :(

TGB

#5 Darth_Blues

Darth_Blues

Time Traveller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:34 PM

Those are awesome dude! I also really enjoy your Star Wars pictures.

Welcome.
Posted Image

#6 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:34 PM

Cool artwork man!! :(

Glad to hear you found the place! Hope you like what you see and stick around to contribute! Keep up the great art and be sure to keep us updated!!!

Also, don't be shy to say what you think of other people's work, feedback here is always welcome.
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#7 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:46 PM

welcome welcome welcome.

nice artwork, and some very cool test shot star wars stuff too.

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#8 silentrob

silentrob

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:29 PM

Hey guys, I just got a peek at the Transformers Club magazine that I did the art for. The piece looks great and you guys are really going to like it. My art is placed in the background and they only used Fly Sailor and Sledgehammer Elephant but Im still pretty proud of it. Check it out if you get a chance.

#9 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:37 PM

That'll be sweet!!! Congrats on that man!! BTW, is that a personal collection photo in your personal profile? If so, you need to post your collection up!!! :D
Posted Image

#10 Giga Leo

Giga Leo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:22 PM

Greetings and welcome! Nice work you've got there, I really liked the pic of Flysailor :D

"Sure, why not?"

gigabanner.jpg
Gigaleo (a.k.a Tigerburn)
Homepage, Gigaleo.com
Deviant Art Account

#11 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 05 May 2006 - 12:40 PM

welcome man!

#12 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:36 PM

Hey guys, I just got a peek at the Transformers Club magazine that I did the art for. The piece looks great and you guys are really going to like it. My art is placed in the background and they only used Fly Sailor and Sledgehammer Elephant but Im still pretty proud of it. Check it out if you get a chance.

Where might one find this Transformers Club Mag?

grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#13 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 05:13 AM

You have to join the club $40 a year. You get a "Free" Transformer exclusive figure and the bi monthly magazine.

www.transformersclub.com

#14 silentrob

silentrob

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:52 PM

Hey guys checking in with a new one. So far I just have the inked version, I'm coloring him as we speak.

Also working on 2 more beasts I'll be showing soon. Hope you like it!

Rob

Edited by silentrob, 22 June 2006 - 05:53 PM.

#15 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:07 PM

That's a real nice pose. Nice work!

#16 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:34 PM

Pretty damn kewl! But I think your missing WhiteLeo! ;) :lol:

Great job, I can't wait to see it colored!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#17 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:40 PM

Thats a sweet piece my friend...I too cant wait to see it colored!! :lol:
Posted Image

#18 silentrob

silentrob

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:34 AM

Thanks guys, for some reason when the pic loads it looks sketchy...its much cleaner than that. I'll have color soon.

Thanks again!

#19 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:05 PM

I like how you have his head coming down like that instead of arched back like the fig! ;)

Now if I could get someone to do the Dragons..... :lol:

grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#20 Giga Leo

Giga Leo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:27 PM

Hey guys checking in with a new one. So far I just have the inked version, I'm coloring him as we speak.

Also working on 2 more beasts I'll be showing soon. Hope you like it!

Rob

Looking forward to the colored version, keep em coming!

"Sure, why not?"

gigabanner.jpg
Gigaleo (a.k.a Tigerburn)
Homepage, Gigaleo.com
Deviant Art Account

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com