32 replies to this topic

#1 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:04 PM

ok, when i was in grade school, i had 2 sets of plastci, D&D type figures. Theyu came on a blister card and both came packaged in plastic "castles". One was a gray tower type castle, the other was a sand colored tower. they were both about 6 inches tall or so. inside, there were colored plastic figures. maybe 5 in each set? both came with a dragon, one had a green lizard man with a club, another had a blue winged hawk like creature. there was also a red figure with a whip i think? it's been over 20 years since i've seen the sets and no one knows what i'm talking about. i got them at a Heck's dept store. i still have one castle and the lizardman but they're at my parents house and i haven't seen the toys in 5-7 years. any help would be great!!! I'm desperate.

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

The only thing I can think of is The Other World figures, but I'm sure this isn't it. If not can you describe any more of their characteristics or articulation?

http://www.virtualto...otherworld.html

Posted Image

#3 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:52 PM

no, i actually had some of these as well. If I'm not mistaken, there were only 2 sets made. The "figures" inside weren't bendable or poseable. they were hard plastic. I just remember that they came on blister cards. I was just a kid when i got them. like i said, each set had a plastic dragon included and 4 or 5 other figures included. the gray tower was like a rectangular shape, the sandy colored one was rounded. both between 6-8 inches tall and you took the tops off to get the figures inside. the figures themselves are about the size of muscle men. thanks for the effort though!

#4 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:05 PM

also, the only lead i've ever had after years of searching was an online toy seller that had a website featuring they're dog. By that I mean, the site was centered around they're family dog being the salesman or something. i can't remember what the site was called...this was 7 years ago! lol. anyway, they had some pages of battle beasts and muscle listed for sale. they also had a page of custom painted muscle. with these, they included other small scale plastic and rubber figs. in this lot was some of the ones i've described. i emailed to ask them to tell me the name and if they were for sale but they had no idea where they got them or what thet were called. but claimed they had more for sale. that's the last i heard. anyone know of an online delaer that used or uses they're dog of the domain name or something? hope this rings a bell.

#5 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:painting, music, film, cream cheese

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:05 PM

HOLY CRAP I HAD THOSE!

man what a nostalgic wve that just hit me!

i'm glad someone showed that link!!

The only thing I can think of is The Other World figures, but I'm sure this isn't it. If not can you describe any more of their characteristics or articulation?

http://www.virtualto...otherworld.html

#6 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:12 PM

no, i actually had some of these as well. If I'm not mistaken, there were only 2 sets made. The "figures" inside weren't bendable or poseable. they were hard plastic. I just remember that they came on blister cards. I was just a kid when i got them. like i said, each set had a plastic dragon included and 4 or 5 other figures included. the gray tower was like a rectangular shape, the sandy colored one was rounded. both between 6-8 inches tall and you took the tops off to get the figures inside. the figures themselves are about the size of muscle men. thanks for the effort though!

damn i know exactly what you are talking about

i had the grey tower

i wish i could remember what that was called!!

the top to the tower often didnt fit perfectly. i also remember it being tough to get all the figures that came with it to fit inside the castle

this is going to drive me crazy

#7 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:18 PM

YES, YES, Apricot!!! The top wouldn't fit very well, no matter how hard you tried! lol! My God, someone else remembers! I need to go to my folks house and dig out that sandy brown tower. It has a secret wars black costume spider-man in mint wrapped in a toys r us bag inside. don't ask why. but, yeah, you couldn't fit the things back in like they way they were originally packed! you just made my day!

#8 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:22 PM

man i used that castle all the time. i wish i could figure it out

YES, YES, Apricot!!! The top wouldn't fit very well, no matter how hard you tried! lol! My God, someone else remembers! I need to go to my folks house and dig out that sandy brown tower. It has a secret wars black costume spider-man in mint wrapped in a toys r us bag inside. don't ask why. but, yeah, you couldn't fit the things back in like they way they were originally packed! you just made my day!

#9 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:37 PM

you can't even find them on ebay cause there's no name to go by! argh!!!

#10 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:38 PM

i just looked through virtual toychest and didnt see anything that it would be

if you can find it at your parents, definitely post some pics. maybe seeing the figures inside will spark a memory

you can't even find them on ebay cause there's no name to go by! argh!!!

#11 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:08 PM

here's what someone posted on virtual toychest, it's a little better description. i was about to post my own until i saw it. they don't have a clue either.

A gray plastic castle. It is approximately 6 inches tall by 3 inches wide and 3 inches deep. The plastic was molded to look like small rectangular stone blocks. There was a brown? door painted on the front and two black windows. They were not functional. The top of the castle was flat and would detach so that small figures could be stored inside.

#12 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:59 AM

here's what someone posted on virtual toychest, it's a little better description. i was about to post my own until i saw it. they don't have a clue either.

A gray plastic castle. It is approximately 6 inches tall by 3 inches wide and 3 inches deep. The plastic was molded to look like small rectangular stone blocks. There was a brown? door painted on the front and two black windows. They were not functional. The top of the castle was flat and would detach so that small figures could be stored inside.

did you find the one at your parents?

#13 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:24 PM

Not yet. I don't seem to recall a copyright on the bottom of the "castle" though. but i'll check as soon as time allows. I just wish i could find that one site that had some of the figures loose. It's been years though. They may not even sell toys anymore. they had a whole gallery of painted muscle men and a sub gallery called friends of muscle with a bunch of rubber and plastic figs they had lying around. this is gonna be the death of me!

#14 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:37 PM

Still no new news on these toys. Ugh. Haven't found my castle at my folks place yet. It's not a Tomland or Arco product, but SOME company had to make it. Anyone out there know of any collectors that specialize in 70s and 80s toys that were just plastic figures...say 2 inches high? The search continues!!

#15 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:47 PM

I saw one of these recently and it had the original box!!! However, it was missing nearly ALL the parts...the elevator, gate doors, figures, etc...

I can call the guy and ask him the name of it and copyrights on it. I was just at his hole in the wall store Easter weekend...

TGB

#16 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:56 PM

Oops...I was thinkin' bout the LARGE playset...

Did you mean these? They are BOTH made by ARCO in Hong Kong of course. No dates...sorry.

I have both of these...they are available to purchase if ANYONE is interested.

TGB

Attached Files

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 10 April 2007 - 01:57 PM.

#17 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:34 PM

HOLY @#$% That's them!!!I have the tan one still but i don't think i have the gray any longer!!! DO you have any of the little figs that came therein?! But it WAS Arco?! now i can hunt a little easier perhaps for 2 complete sets. You, sir, are THE MAN!!!!

#18 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:24 PM

is that a muscle fig for comparison or is that one of the figs it came w/? b/c i vaguely remember having these as a kid too. i can't remember half the toys i had as a kid. side affects of being a spoiled brat i guess???

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#19 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:02 PM

It's just for comparison. But, the figs that were inside were around muscle size. I think they had 5 in each tower. Each came with a dragon too.

#20 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:23 PM

Unfortunately I do NOT have any of the figures...but, I know a dealer @ a local flea market that has a whole bag of them. At least I THINK they are the figures that came w/ them.

That figure in the photo is a custom I made of #111 Akuma Shogun for Ryan/pfesteria's order.

Glad I could help,
TGB

#21 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:21 PM

Ok, the BIG castle/mountain playset is called, "Fantasy Fortress" made in 1984 by Durham Industries. It has it's original box, one figure (blue 4 armed demon), and is missing most the accessories (ladder, elevator, door/gate...).

Anyone interested in it, LMK ASAP. I do NOT have it in my possession at this time, however, I will have it soon. I called the shop owner and he is holding it for me. Hopefully I MIGHT have it by this weekend and then I will be able to post photos of it.

I also have a dealer @ a local flea market that has a large zip lock bag full of the monsters/demons/wizards/etc. I MIGHT be able to snag that @ the starting of May.

TGB

#22 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:21 PM

I call the zip lock baggy full of figs. If possible. thanks so much. Keep in touch via pms.

#23 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:32 PM

I call the zip lock baggy full of figs. If possible. thanks so much. Keep in touch via pms.

Thats kewl...shoot me an offer for the 2 towers and then when I get the bag full of figures I will snap photos and you can shoot me an offer on those.

The Fantasy Fortress is sweet as hell and even if no one wants it here, I will keep it for a BB/LB display.

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 14 April 2007 - 06:15 PM.

#24 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:12 PM

Ok, so I just got the Fantasy Fortress Friday. Here are photos.

PM me if anyone is interested in it...it is PERFECT for ANY LITTLERUBBERGUY collection to use as a playset!!! ESPECIALLY BB/LB and FOP!!!

BTW, $6.50 is NOT what I paid for it...that is what HE purchased it for...just and FYI for anyone noticing the little yellow price tag in the corner.

Now I just need to get the bag full of figures...I am pretty sure they are waaaaaaaay different from the ones shown on this box and the little blue 4 armed guy in the photo...the bag full ones are more detailed and a little bigger I THINK... First weekend of May I SHOULD have them IF they are still there and the price isn't too wack!

TGB

Attached Files

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 14 April 2007 - 06:17 PM.

#25 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:11 PM

I think these are what you were looking for!

CLICK HERE

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com