• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

I haven't seen these patches on any archive site.It does say hasbro 1986 but there are sites where you make your own custom patch.Does anyone have info on these?

They are still pretty cool novelty item regardless!

http://www.ebay.ca/i...=item5d547ad4a8

http://www.ebay.ca/i...=item5b0ba05bde

Edited by 108KickBack, 25 January 2015 - 07:23 AM.

#2 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:29 PM

That snake patch is great. I dont remember seeing these before. I feel like I have seen a set of stickers that match both of these

#3 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:50 PM

i dont know anything about BB really, but i'm gonna go out on a limb, and say they are NOT legit, considering everything he sells is embroidery stuff, i'd dare say he's custom made these and most of the other stuff he's selling

#4 Grencats

Grencats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:27 AM

I saw those patches. I thought they were pretty cool. The seller says they are from 1986 but I would think it is doubtful they would have so many to sell if this were true. The style the characters are drawn in also doesn't seem the most authentic to me. I don't think they are licensed but they would still look good ironed on a jacket.  

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

Hmmm I talked to the seller about those and if he had some kind of original box since he had so many.

He mentioned me he got these from a company he´d bought out and they came on rolls of 36 dozen which sounded like a very logic explanation to me.

And if you look at the edges of in particular the Gorilla patch the discoloration and aging of the paper would be in line with what you´d expect from an item from that era.

Not saying these are original Hasbro licensed items, probably not, but I do believe they´re from that time frame.

If those´d be custom made I think he´d have much more made of the Gorilla or at least in the same amounts of the Snake but that´s not the case as the Gorilla batch seemed to be much less as he mentioned only having a roll of Snakes while only a few of the Gorilla one.

And I´m with Eric when it comes to the stickers as I remember having seen similar images on stickers before somewhere so why wouldn´t they´ve made patches of these.....?

It remains a gamble but guess I´ll give it a shot.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#6 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:00 AM

I picked up one of the Snake Patches. To me it looks legit. Matches up too well to artwork i have seen from other battle beast promotional/side merchandise too well. And whether its real or custom, for the price it will be a nice patch for the Snake army.

#7 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

I would get them just because lol they seem to be worth it in my view

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#8 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

I picked up one of the Snake Patches. To me it looks legit. Matches up too well to artwork i have seen from other battle beast promotional/side merchandise too well. And whether its real or custom, for the price it will be a nice patch for the Snake army.

Yep, they´re pretty safe got some more info from the seller so its good to go for those who might´ve hold of on one so far.

Its not confirmed that it is a Hasbro licensed release, although I tend to say it is with what I know now but awaiting some extra info on this, but regardless of this they´re most likely from the same era. Guess we can only be 100% certain when the people who ordered one or more get them in hand as the feel and look can give away some clues as well, more as just the pics. But it´s a pretty safe bet I´d say and c´mon patches like these are an instant trip back to the 80´s ;)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#9 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 360 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

I bought the same snake patch a few years ago from a completely different seller who only had the one

#10 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

Wow so cool.

#11 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:07 AM

Another one got posted

The lion this time

http://www.ebay.ca/i...=item5b0ba7ce4e

Edited by 108KickBack, 25 January 2015 - 12:12 AM.

#12 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:06 AM

Ok, here´s some additional info I managed to get extracted from the seller who seems to have been overwhelmed about the amount of interest these patches get from us BB collectors. Initially they were listed for $6.99 each while they´re updated to $7.99 each now which is still not a bad price for such an nostalgic item. 

Like mentioned above the seller bought out a company ending up with a lot of over 200.000 patches, most likely new old stock it looks like, and these BB Patches showed up once sorting those. For now it looks like there´s only 3 (Snake, Gorilla, Lion) but to be honest I wouldn´t be surprised if some more show up. They came on a roll of 36 each and were made in 1986 for ironing on hats and clothing. The Company where these came from was located in Avon Massachusetts and were in business for over 50 years, but closed about 2 years ago, and they made hats in the early to late 80´s I asked for the company name but the seller has to go after this since the stock was sold via an auction company and the name of the company was not shared. He seemed to have purchased this lot due to the Sports patches, made by National Emblem, as that´s his specialty and those were all legit and original as he expected. 

A final interesting thing to mention is that apart from those BB patches there were also other patches from this same era from the following lines; Heman, Smurfs, Thundercats and others. I´m not sure if those were all under the license of Hasbro as well, guess this was the case back in the late 80´s, because if so there´s a big chance they were actually licensed by Hasbro to produce/release these unless they´re willing to take the risk and produce all these lines without any license.......

So its not really clear if the company where these came from actually produced them but most likely this was just old stock that was left and it originally was purchased from the company/factory who produced them.

Still some open ends but part of the story is filled in with this info so for those LRG members who´ve considered buying one or more I´d suggest to get them as long as they´re still available since they are a piece of Battle Beasts history and most likely even produced under the license of Hasbro.

@108KickBack Please change the header name of this Topic in such a way it´ll include the name Battle Beasts Patches in it so it´ll be more easy to find this topic back in the future while using the search option. Thanks!

Edited by Beastformers, 25 January 2015 - 05:20 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#13 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

maybe all 18 images were product ?

Attached File  b8ae_12.jpg   51.45K   14 downloads

the image was used in this game :

Attached File  kgrhqj10.jpg   51.71K   16 downloads

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#14 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:55 AM

I love the Battle Beast Line!There is so many things to collect & even after 25+ Years new stuff is still popping up!Do you have any more pics of that board game?

Edited by 108KickBack, 25 January 2015 - 07:55 AM.

#15 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

Thanks gjnl once again for your great information.

Truman that gorilla puzzle is amazing!!!!!!!!!!
Do you own it?
Kickback your right new thibgs just keep popping up and it makes this toy line even more cooler then it allready is.

#16 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:53 AM

very cool stuff, I'd not seen these before either. Feels like something I would have drooled over in an arcade prize display or something.

My first assumption was that someone had found the card art trumanshower mentioned in a google search and produced patches from them, but that story seems a bit too elaborate to be fabricated. good sleuthing GJ.

#17 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

Do you have any more pics of that board game?

Do you own it?

no it's not mine, the photo is from a google search.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#18 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 360 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:38 PM

Thanks gjnl once again for your great information.

Do you own it?
Kickback your right new thibgs just keep popping up and it makes this toy line even more cooler then it allready is.

I have the puzzle, I bought it from a UK ebay auction

#19 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:32 AM

I've allways admired your collection shadowbat now I asmire it even more.

I never new that puzzle exsisted till I saw this post.

#20 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

For those who might´ve any of those patches in hand shortly please share your thoughts about them because the in hand check and feel might give away some extra clues concerning age and whatever.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#21 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

Licensed or not, they are definitely old. Probably from the 80's. They are cloth/felt, embossed with some stitching and sticky on the back on a sticker sheet. Not iron-ons, but probably made to stick to cloth.

#22 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

Iron On's were popular in the 80's - Both the Masters of the Universe and the Transformers line had them so I'd say they are licensed!

#23 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:47 AM

anyone else had a quick response from the seller? I bought some of these over the weekend and requested a combined shipping invoice but haven't heard back yet.

#24 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

the first day he was quick to respond to me but after that day it took him a day or so to reply to each of my messages and for the invoices!Like Beastformers said i thinks hes pretty overwhelmed with all of us Beastformer collectors !

#25 Zion808

Zion808

Wrath of God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

Attached are some photos- I got mine a few days ago.

Like Jkaris mentioned, they are made out of cloth/felt with double adhesive, so it is sticky on the back.

Never had an iron on, so unable to speak on that, but basically looks like a sticker.

Not sure the condition of any other, but the ones I received does have an "old" feel to it, due to the old look of the design.

Other than that, everything else about it seems new.  It shows no sign of fading, and the orange/brown trim around them, prominent in the gorilla picture is not discoloration, but from the adhesive being visible.  The laminated sheet it is on seems new also, and the adhesive is still very sticky.

I found that 1986 date interesting noting that they released battle beast figures later.

It could be in this great condition, due to how they have been stored.

Either way, they are pretty cool pieces, and for the price, I would say they are worth it.

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com