7 replies to this topic

#1 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 05:54 PM

why do people go and sell a muscle lot of like, 6 muscles, set the starting price at 4 bucks and have a shipping cost of 3 bucks? this is pinheaded.
......Posted Image....................................................
Petition to Get Generation 1 to USA
What I'm selling on Ebay

#2 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 14 October 2002 - 09:25 PM

I do it for a couple reasons, as mentioned in your PM, but since you felt the need to post your question here too, I will answer here too. I do it to make a little extra, if people were that upset about it, they would not bid on them. Also that little extra helps me afford other auctions that I am interested in. Also helps even out my collection costs from me selling hundreds to other posters here for $0.50 cents a whack. I also know from my personal experience that when I was only a few figures away from a whole set I would not even look at the larger lots. I would rather pay $10 for a small lot, than pay $80 for a huge lot that had only one figure I need in it. I never have less than ten in my lots, usually around 15. I agree people who post one or two at a time is silly, but hell if I needed that one, I would bid, so the seller is making his own decision. I combine shipping if you win more than one of my lots (ask anyone who has purchased from me), so in a way it is like winning a lot of 40 if you win all of them. I have traded with about a third of the posters here, or had some sort of business with them, and have had no complaints so far, so I assume they are happy with the way I do things. I have my reasons, thanks for labeling me as "Dumb and pinheaded" though.

:)

#3 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 02:12 AM

sorry man, i wasn't even talking about you when i wrote this thread, the auction i was actually talking about when i wrote this is this

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1777957787

in the pm, i was just asking why you put up lots of 10 when you have like 100000 more muscles than anyone, well, besides johnny. but now i understand.
What I'm selling on Ebay

#4 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 15 October 2002 - 05:07 AM

In some cases they may only have a few figures that are needed and dont know how much they are worth or think they can make a little money on them.

Dont forget ebay takes a piece of the pie plus insertion fees.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#5 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 01:43 PM

i imagine some sellers may have but a handful of muscles to sell, the poor unfortunate wretches. they have my deepest sympathy.
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#6 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 01:38 PM

it seems akin to selling popcorn by the kernel.
What I'm selling on Ebay

#7 Kendaman

Kendaman

Kendaman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 08:47 AM

It bugs me to. I'm twelve, just starting to collect Muscle and get a twenty doller a month allowance! :)
KEN-DA-MAN!! KEN-DA-MAN!! KEN-DA-MAN!!

#8 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 12:16 PM

damn! im 16 and i am in a lot of honors and harder clases because i am trying to get into college, so i dont have time for a job (plus who really wants to work at a fast food place or whatever anyway? i dont effing like people, i want to stay away from them) so i get 25 bucks a week, but that means saving my lunch money everyday instead of eating, hell thats 100 bucks a month for muscles woo! wow im getting dizzy, i need to eat something and stop saving all my $$$ for muscles :)
What I'm selling on Ebay

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com