GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 03:36 AM

Could someone tell me please
the muscle man figures like #141 , do they have mohawks
and why are there so many figures with them.
Do they all belong to some kinda clan.

also if someone could tell me
when my brother and i first had our muscles we always refered to the figures with the mohawk as "Piranha's" and i was convinced that is what they were called :lol:
when the forums started i was surprised and a little sadden no one else called them this.

is there any basis for this?
or just a couple of brothers imagination :woot:

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#2 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 04:31 AM

i get confused with these guys too. like #141 and #1 i think are the same guys but with different clothes, i never understood why robinmask and #141 had the same clothes and why there was alittle robinmask. i think some of the mohican guys are different people, obviously meat but i haven't looked into it much. one thing that i found quite suprising was how kinnikuman was an alien from another planet and when i was younger i used to pretend that the mohican guys were aliens from another plane ttoo. maybe they look alien but i guess all the musclemen were. i never knew there was only one buffalo man i thought they were part of a gang, oh yeah why is there a buffalo man with no hair? and another with no horns. he seems quite unfortunate to have lost a horn then both of them and then he went bald (but somehow mysteriously grew back both his horns!)
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#3 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 08:31 AM

Yeah, any figure that had a double was a tag team, NOT new guys, and not the same guys.....

if they looked similar, they were tagteams.......

so, both MEAT figures weren't one guy, they were a team.......

and if they had a mohawk, they were all on the same team......

#4 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 08:42 AM

Could someone tell me please
the muscle man figures like #141 , do they have mohawks
and why are there so many figures with them.
Do they all belong to some kinda clan.

Well, Johnny's probably more qualified to answer this question, but I'll give my two cents...

I believe all the guys with the "mohawks", or crests, are from the Kinniku planet. They all wear wrestling masks, and that crest is a common feature of their masks.

I think the crest on the mask was designed by the author of the Kinnikuman manga to be a parody of Ultraman. In fact, the first few stories have Kinnikuman increasing in size and blasting his opponents with forearm blasts much like Ultraman.

-Nathan

#5 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 10:55 AM

also in chapter one of volume one (either that or chapter 2) they call on kinnikuman to help against aliens, and he asks why they dont call ultraman, and the guy says because he is busy at a meeting, ERR i mean, we wanted YOU kinnikuman!
......Posted Image....................................................
Petition to Get Generation 1 to USA
What I'm selling on Ebay

#6 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 10:57 AM

Posted Image
What I'm selling on Ebay

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 02:12 PM

Well, Johnny's probably more qualified to answer this question, but...

I believe Nate's correct that the majority of the guys with mohawks/fins were from planet Kinniku. Al though there are a few that have the same mohawk but don't appear to be wearing a mask, which is interesting, being that the mohawk is not a natural appendage, but only part of the mask.
As far as calling anyone pirahna, I used to call the fish faced guy a pirahna (atlantis). And yes, all the guys wering tha same outfit were usually members of a tag team. Hell I still do that on KinnikuMuscle, haha!
But as far as the original Kinnikuman saga, I'm still pretty much a newb. I've read what AK and Riduryu did in the G1 section of the AKIA, and I' ve read the first 2 mangas, but other than that...
But I'm learning....

:woot:

#8 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 03:36 PM

Thanx guy's
That was a real help + it put to rest a burning question i'd had for sometime
so surely the guys from kinniku would have to be the strongest , this would reflect in there large numbers right ?, but what about figures that have no resemblance to #141 but have a mohawk like #20 are they from kinniku also or are they just making a fashion statement?

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!

#9 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 04:54 PM

also kinniku means muscle so i would assume they are the strongest.

hey doc, didnt you say somewhere on yer site that they all had to wear masks or they would be killed? how come terryman doesn't wear a mask? ask tsubasa for me if ya can :woot:
What I'm selling on Ebay

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com