• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 06:33 PM

If you were to take a lump of silly putty- about four eggs' worth- and lightly throw it underhanded at a window, would it:

A: Bounce off

B: Stick to it

or

C: Break through like a brick.

As we have learned yesterday, the correct answer is C.

Exhibit A: One lump of silly putty.

Exhibit B: MY WINDOW

Realize, too, that I had just put up shelving- thus, moents before, I had been handling a hammer, a handsaw, some boards, nails, and an unxplodd WWI-era bomb. And what is the one object that does damage to my room? SILLY PUTTY.

Apparently, Brandon decided that he would lightly toss it to the window, to make it stick.

I had just hung some stuff up on the wall, and I turned to see... *something* go flying out through my second-story window. My thoughts:

"is this an illusion?"

"Was this an indoor sparrow?"

"ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh shhhhhooooooooot!"

Anyway, it's not too bad- the bill won't go over $30 for a new window. We're paying it in pennies.

Also, realize that my roommate had just left the room minutes earlier- happy that everything seemed well and constructive. He was in for a shock. THis was technically his side of the window, too.

I'll get the pictures when I can- it looks like a big bullet-hole, basically.

My professors had ccomments, too:

Dr. Pilkey: "When you throw silly puty at the floor, it bounces. When you throw it at a window... it does not."

Dr. Morley: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 30 August 2002 - 06:39 PM

Sweet. What happens when you throw kinnikuman at the window? or a brick perhaps?

#3 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 06:17 AM

That's friggin' hilarious, man! I can just imagine people standing outside, just minding their own business... then suddenly, a chunk of Silly Putty comes crashing through a second story window! Were there bystanders?

-Nathan

#4 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 10:38 AM

Unfortunately, therer were no bystanders.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 03 September 2002 - 07:37 AM

Can you see the headlines in the school paper.

student attacked by silly putty.

not so silly anymore is it.

You could probably sue whoever makes silly putty for the 30 bucks and the trauma it caused you. and sadly you would have a good chance of winning. if you can burn yourself with coffee and then complain that it was to hot and win.

Just don't actually go thru with it. I would like to be able to keep the small belief that there are some people who take responsibility for there actions instead of blaming someone or something else.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com