Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

#27 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

I never buy new systems in the first few months. Everything is rushed and they almost always come out with BASIC problems that need to be fixed. Sure you can get repairs free but the hassle is really really annoying plus even just two or three months later you can find them either cheaper or with a nice bundle of games.

So yes i'm excited to see what the new tech can do and what games will drop but no i am not a day 1 kind of person.

I'm with you on this. I have PS2 and PS3 and still play both. I'm excited for the PS4 if it means prices on PS3 games come down. I probably won't get a PS4 for years, but it will be cool to see what it can do.

#28 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

I'm interested to see what sony will bring to the table. that it hasent already! It's all ready loaded with more stuff then i'll ever figure out.
I Don't think blue ray would have made it without it.. I hope sony doesnt come out with a some other type of disc, that movies can come out on.
I think that would devastate the blur ray. and send it into a sort of Cat- a - tonic state. (see what i did there)kinda like the Vhs. or the loveable
lasar disc. So I'm both for it. and against it. I don't not Hate anything . Hate is strong word.
but i'm also looking forward to watching the Nintendo wipe the floor with the lot of them.
Posted Image
The Tru Sherrif is this this dude. MEOW

Edited by Matlock, 04 February 2013 - 07:24 AM.

Brown chicken , brown cow

#29 adiy009

adiy009

I live for the JIZZ!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2JpQikEUJ
Account closed by request of adiy009 on 2018-08-15

#30 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

The PS4 is going to cost at least $426 (Yen to dollar conversion) based on leaked information. The Wii U is $350/$300.

The Wii U has not sold as well as anticipated (3.06 million units from Nov 18-Dec 31). Although Nintendo has said it has no plans to lower the price, it would seem likely they will lower it by Black Friday. That's when the PS4 is expected to launch.

When consumers have a choice between a Deluxe Wii U package with game/gamepad/lots of memory for $300 or a PS4 for more than $400, what will they choose?

One the many reasons why the Wii dominated the last generation of the video game console war was because the Wii launched at $250 and the PS3 launched at $600. That HUGE price disparity pushed many people to buy a Wii instead.

However, it seems unlikely that that will happen again this generation. $600 compared to $250 is a gigantic difference compared to $426 vs. $300. So it seems unlikely that pricing differences will drive Wii U sales.

Question for Sony people: Is spending more than $426 on a console too much?

#31 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

Last console I owned was a Super Nintendo, although we have been thinking about getting a Wii, just because of the way it is an active play style.
Anything controller related, I'll stick to PC. :)

$426 is way too much in my opinion, but when people are lining up to pay $499 for a basic iPad, well, I imagine that the PS4 will sell nicely.

#32 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

If you think Wii has a truly "active" playstyle, you're fooling yourself. Most of the games can be shortcutted by using a simple "jagoff" motion. I was very dissappointed with the Wii.

If you're wanting 'active,' the Xbox Kinect is quite active, and due to it not hitting as big as had been hoped, the games are about twenty dollars each at a Gamestop. My little playgroup has enjoyed Fruit Ninja, Dance Central, and Wii Sports 1/2 quite a bit. Wreckateer was a bit more challanging for some people, though.

Warning on the Kinect, though-- Short people playing with tall people freak it out, and you'll need an area in front of it about... eight feet across and twelve feet back from the TV. There's things that cost a little more that half it, but not all games work right with the focus lenses.

Also, look up reviews first. Some of the games just don't work well.

As for on-topic, I may be tempted when the price drops to about two hundred dollars for a PS4-- assuming full backwards compatability from PS1 through 3.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#33 adiy009

adiy009

I live for the JIZZ!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

http://www.dailymail...ons-sticks.html
Account closed by request of adiy009 on 2018-08-15

#34 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Transformers
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

assuming full backwards compatability from PS1 through 3.

Now THAT would be awesome. I doubt they will do that though with everything going digital, they will probably release everything again for dlc so they still make money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2279115/PS4-controller-Leaked-pictures-appear-TOUCHSCREEN-familiar-buttons-sticks.html

Looks kind of strange imo. Probably just a prototype controller. What could you possibly do with such a small touch screen? Maybe a save feature like the Dreamcast controllers?

Edited by Onyxiaphil, 16 February 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#35 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Today's the big day!

http://ca.ign.com/ar...on-event-on-ign

Oh the shit storm that will erupt if the ps4 isn't announced.

Edited by Onyxiaphil, 20 February 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#36 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

I think they'll announce, but...

1. High price
2. Pay to play online games
3. 6+ month release date.

Hopefully if the price is too high, the Wii U will do even better. Hopefully, if both Sony and Microsoft charge to play online, when Nintendo does not, the Wii U will do better. Hopefully, the release date is at least 6 months or more from now, so the Wii U will have more time to solidify marketshare.

#37 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

So far, with all the true rumors coming out, it seems it'll be the best over all console. If they can up the 4GB DDR5 to 8GB, it won't be topped by any console until the next gen in 12ish years for sure, as this generation is build for the long haul, it seems.

And if it runs linux, it could have a huge impact on what systems software developers write software for, as Steam box will get PC games to boot linux on their $800 rigs for the extra performance...and then, who knows where it will gain popularity then?

This is gonna be an exciting next 5 years of tech!

And the Wii u is cool but lacks the games. Main reason why it's not doing well just like the 3ds.

Edited by Onyxiaphil, 20 February 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#38 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

I think they'll announce, but...

1. High price
2. Pay to play online games
3. 6+ month release date.

1. I'm guessing two bundles with different memory size releases. Probably in the 400-500$ range.

2. Hopefully we will know more about this later in the day.

3. Obviously. It's just an annoucement.

Edited by Onyxiaphil, 20 February 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#39 Bagface

Bagface

The Customs Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Reading, Boobs, Video Games, M.U.S.C.L.E men... Just a lot of geekery in general.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

sooooo.... was there an announcement? kinda curious but nothing is really popping up that i can find

#40 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Yeah it just ended. Not the best conference to be honest. Everything was pretty much a tease for E3 in June.

No talk of prices. They didn't even show the console. They showed the controller and a few of the launch titles.

At least it's officially coming out at the end of the year. November I think.

#41 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon