• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:57 AM

I recently acquired an Ultraman Comichara set. I am not too familiar with the Ultraman line, or the Comichara line for that matter. My only previous knowledge of anything Comichara is the Kinnikuman set that I got more than ten years ago.

I got this mainly to compare the similarities between the sets:

Attached File  IMG_1164.JPG   126.62K   8 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1165.JPG   118.06K   13 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1176.JPG   86.39K   14 downloads

The Inside "cover page" of each set:

Attached File  IMG_1167.JPG   119.35K   10 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1168.JPG   125.78K   7 downloads

The contents!:

Attached File  IMG_1169.JPG   179.6K   4 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1170.JPG   163.96K   3 downloads

Ultraman keshi are smaller, allowing room for two more figures.

Aside from the obvious differences, i.e. the figures, graphics, and character bios, the sets are identical. In some instances, the graphics are changed only slightly to better reflect the contents of that particular set:

Attached File  IMG_1173.JPG   88.17K   3 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1175.JPG   59.57K   3 downloads

This set is definitely an interesting addition to any keshi collection, and with Kinniku and Ultraman sets labeled Volumes 5 and 3 respectively, it makes me curious to see what the other sets might look like.

Attached File  IMG_1177.JPG   73.51K   2 downloads

#2 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:18 AM

Pretty cool. It's a little hard to tell from the picture... How many different sculpts are there?

#3 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:31 AM

Check out the second picture, of the boxes reverse sides. There are 9 in the Kin set, and 11 in the U-Man set.

Ultraman characters all look very similar to me. I have a hundred or so that I should put up for id purposes one of these days.

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:33 AM

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

#5 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:34 AM

Bemused Rodan looking on at the shenanigans is what really sells me on this.

Speaking of, naturally there's a Godzilla ComiChara series too. I've also seen the

Ultraman Volume 1 before which comes with Ultraman and several of his foes from that series. Presumably the line also has one for Ultraseven, maybe more for the others like Jack and Ace depending on how far the line went. Info in English is scarce, but I bet with the right term one could pull up a bunch of Japanese info or at least auctions.

Curious about the inconsistency of the Ultraman package. The outside clearly marks it as Vol. 3 while the inner cover says Vol. 2.

Edited by BaltanII, 13 November 2015 - 08:35 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com