• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#26 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:57 AM

well i'm not flying to japan for mcdonalds food. i can eat rat poison here with out paying for a plane ticket. :rolleyes:

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#27 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:11 PM

i recently picked these up from a friend... i think they are bootlegs of them tho. they say hong kong on the back...

Posted Image

YUP!
Got some of these too,They are smaller in size and are more rubbery. ;)
These are still cool to have.

Spastik4Plastik
Thanks for posting,We always care. :notme:

Edited by meatcutta78, 08 December 2008 - 05:02 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 spastik4plastik

spastik4plastik

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:16 AM

Thanks for posting,We always care. :D

yeah, i wasnt sure since it hadnt been posted in for a few months.

did anyone see this amazing lot of 90 on YHJ?
http://page9.auction...tion/k105651602

i went after it but i got TRAMPLED. like an idiot, i thought i could have a lot of these for about the same price as people get kinnikuman keshi - i was SO freaking wrong! hahaha - it went about $500 over my bid, i wasnt even close.
:p

#29 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

damn, that is a cool lot. jeebus that went for a ton. that shigeru mizuki sure does have some cool character designs. i would have loved any one of those beauties.

#30 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:04 PM

That was a great lot,Im really starting to love these guys a little more.:angry:

#31 Rankio

Rankio

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:16 PM

Posted Image

Here are some of mine. I maybe have like 3 or 4 more floating around.

#32 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:47 AM

Mizuki Shigeru is not only a fantastic character designer and a leading expert on monster folklore, but one of the biggest badasses in his country.

All he ever wanted was to be an artist, but he was forced to fight in WWII where he lost his drawing arm to a bombing. He then survived in the wilderness for several weeks, endured an infestation of maggots in the remains of his limb, and barely survived a bout with malaria.

When he got home, he taught himself to draw again with his other hand and did the natural thing - channeled the horrors he had witnessed into the creation of a children's hero.

#33 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

Mizuki Shigeru is not only a fantastic character designer and a leading expert on monster folklore, but one of the biggest badasses in his country.

All he ever wanted was to be an artist, but he was forced to fight in WWII where he lost his drawing arm to a bombing. He then survived in the wilderness for several weeks, endured an infestation of maggots in the remains of his limb, and barely survived a bout with malaria.

When he got home, he taught himself to draw again with his other hand and did the natural thing - channeled the horrors he had witnessed into the creation of a children's hero.

wow, that is badass. anyone who can live with maggots in their body and teach themselves to draw, not only good but great, with their other arm after their naturally dexterous arm has been blown off by a bomb is badass.

#34 Rankio

Rankio

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:36 AM

I knew these figures looked similar in style to The Great Yokai War and the 60's movies.

#35 spastik4plastik

spastik4plastik

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

Posted Image

Here are some of mine. I maybe have like 3 or 4 more floating around.

not that you need any validation from me but that is one really nice collection! i need all but 1 of those. :lol:
i REALLY like that guy on the left with all the hair and the one in the back with hands up.

i'll share a story so you can all laugh at me instead of bickering w/ each other (which seems to be the way of the week)

a few months ago toyzinpangu had that hairy guy in pink (a color i wanted it in) so i clicked on their other items to see if i could find something to combine shipping. while i was doing it that hairy guy sold. I MISSED IT BY A MINUTE! no ones luck suck's like mine.
i also lost the 1st 12 YHJ actions i bid on for these guys.
:D
some-one doesnt want me to have a nice collection of them i guess.

#36 spastik4plastik

spastik4plastik

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

since i had to pull out a dupe for a member here, i thought i'd snap a pic of what i have so far. the 20 on the right side (below the insert) are all of series 2.
Attached File  nokitaro44.JPG   540.53K   79 downloads

#37 popculturizm

popculturizm

Serious Collector

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:06 PM

since i had to pull out a dupe for a member here, i thought i'd snap a pic of what i have so far. the 20 on the right side (below the insert) are all of series 2.
Attached File  nokitaro44.JPG   540.53K   79 downloads

hey chris did you get my email?

#38 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

Very nice!!! :D :D
I really dig your collection. ;)

#39 countzackula

countzackula

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Won...well...bought a couple of packs of these off eBay. I had heard of the Lucky Yuckies versions and loved the sculpts, but kinda disliked the fact they were all the one color. I stumbled across these and had to snag 'em. Admittedly, don't know much about the 'toon, other than the fact it features a lot of yokai and such.

Posted Image

I kinda want to keep 'em in the package for some reason, which is odd for me.

The person I got these from had put more up later but I missed out! Wow...brisk sellers! Just how sought after or valuable are these? I want more.

#40 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

Won...well...bought a couple of packs of these off eBay. I had heard of the Lucky Yuckies versions and loved the sculpts, but kinda disliked the fact they were all the one color. I stumbled across these and had to snag 'em. Admittedly, don't know much about the 'toon, other than the fact it features a lot of yokai and such.

Posted Image

I kinda want to keep 'em in the package for some reason, which is odd for me.

The person I got these from had put more up later but I missed out! Wow...brisk sellers! Just how sought after or valuable are these? I want more.

I got a bunch from them too, I think they have more.
They sent me a message asking how many more i wanted.

#41 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

i had been eye-ing (edit: i guess you could say eye-balling) a set of 12 painted figures for a while and recently the seller reduced the price so i bought it. i was intrigued by the fact that the set comes with 23 unpictured ghost figures.
it came in the mail today and i was happy that the ghosts look cool. the photo doesnt really do them justice since they are white but in person they are very cool. they are about 1 - 1.5 inches tall, maybe a little more flexible than a muscle.
here they are...

the painted figures...

the box came with 12 of these plastic eyes. each had 1 painted figure and 2 ghosts inside except 1 which only had 1 painted figure and the larger fleshtone body that can wear any one of the plastic eyes (there were 3 of each eye design in the case)...

edit: added painted figures, packaging and 23rd "ghost"

I had some of these, that I got at an Asian supermarket here in town... And I no longer have any of them.
I'd be way into getting some more of them, now.

#42 IronHeadRat

IronHeadRat

Connoisseur of plastics

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Killer! I've been wanting some of these for a while ever since I saw the Dracula on YHJ. I also dig that bare-breasted Mermaid.

#43 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Though not keshi, I thought some people might be interested to see the U.S. is getting a translated manga collection.
http://www.amazon.co...keywords=kitaro
Gonna be kinda gool to see some of these creatures in action.

#44 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Yeah! Very cool!

#45 Leviathan

Leviathan

"Keep your Eyes peeled"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my Pocket, Kaiju, Vinyl & Customs

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

I have this lonely Gegege no Kitaro in my collection since Years. The color is almost impossible to photograph, he`s very nice GITD green and seems to differ from all the other figures I see here... Any info on this release?
Attached File  gegege1.JPG   78.97K   15 downloads
I´m very interested in getting a few more, especially the female characters. If you have some up for sale please lmk!
Would love to get some more of these!

#46 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

I have this lonely Gegege no Kitaro in my collection since Years. The color is almost impossible to photograph, he`s very nice GITD green and seems to differ from all the other figures I see here... Any info on this release?
Attached File  gegege1.JPG   78.97K   15 downloads
I´m very interested in getting a few more, especially the female characters. If you have some up for sale please lmk!
Would love to get some more of these!

Bandai released them in GITD colors in the 90's, not sure if that is one of them. Yours looks a bit brighter green than the ones I have, which are lighter green. Could just be the photo lighting though. Gegege @ MXD.
Posted Image

#47 minifiguremania

minifiguremania

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Trash Pack, Grossery Gang, Mutant Mania, M.U.S.C.L.E., bootlegs, MIMP, Sqwishland, Nameko, other weird keshi and minifigures of all kinds!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

Almost scored some of these on eBay the other day but couldn't fork out what they ended at. I ended up getting the skeleton netsuke gashapon from Gegege for my wife, it's pretty excellent looking.

#48 Meadowknight

Meadowknight

Angela (AKA AMP, Meadowknight)

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

i recently picked these up from a friend... i think they are bootlegs of them tho. they say hong kong on the back...

24719605wd0.jpg

Man! I used to have one of those ghosts! And the weird snake guy! I'm not sure if I still have the weird snake guy...but as a little kid my pet rat chewed up one of the ghosts I had, and I had given the other to my best friend :( (the ghosts in the upper left hand corner). She's going to let me borrow the figure though, so I can do a mold and some castings just so I can own the thing again, lol. Are any of you guys selling or trading these? I can't remember where I got the snake dude...but the ghosts I got in the machine, so they must be knock offs :)

I need to be more active on this forum...I love these types of toys and recently got into them again having discovered OMFG (which led me to the fact people are actually into these toys...I thought I was just alone in my weird toy love, lol). I also sculpt, and I'm working on some of my own mini figs (all works in progress) --> https://fbcdn-sphoto...560186906_n.jpg

And I did this little guy :) --> http://man-e-toys.co...re-from-meadow/

#49 Meadowknight

Meadowknight

Angela (AKA AMP, Meadowknight)

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

*Nudge* :(

#50 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

*Nudge* :(

:lol:

Ill take a peek for ya.:)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com