150 replies to this topic

#51 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

Former Resident Song Translator & Self-Proclaimed Freelancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:34 AM

Well, I've just finished Zudadan today, so I'll upload it shortly. And I suppose that's okay. It's mainly just being credited that I worry about, since I've had my lyrics stolen before.
Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#52 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:08 AM

If you are looking for Kawaii Kenni's Kinnikuman song translations, they are no longer on LittleRubberGuys forums. Due to what people will doubtless call "drama", or "politics", I have decided I have had enough of being called a thief, and I am sick of it happening every so often when people seem bored. My work is mine, and since people have a hard time understanding that I don't steal the work that I have spent hours on here, I don't think it should be up here any more.

Apologies to those who actually liked or appreciated my translations and didn't take them for granted, but I am sick of being the one to do work, and then get asked things like "Hey, you're a thief, right?" or "I hear you stole Kinnikuman_Muscle's work".

You may find my work still up on YouTube, but I shall not make things easier to access. Not on here.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:57 AM.

Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#53 Meat's fan

Meat's fan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:anime

writing stories

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:31 AM

I really thank you for this translation!!. I love this song! :huh: :p

"Anger and Hatred, they cause lots of problems, yet it's hard to avoid."

#54 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:39 AM

If you are looking for Kawaii Kenni's Kinnikuman song translations, they are no longer on LittleRubberGuys forums. Due to what people will doubtless call "drama", or "politics", I have decided I have had enough of being called a thief, and I am sick of it happening every so often when people seem bored. My work is mine, and since people have a hard time understanding that I don't steal the work that I have spent hours on here, I don't think it should be up here any more.

Apologies to those who actually liked or appreciated my translations and didn't take them for granted, but I am sick of being the one to do work, and then get asked things like "Hey, you're a thief, right?" or "I hear you stole Kinnikuman_Muscle's work".

You may find my work still up on YouTube, but I shall not make things easier to access. Not on here.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:58 AM.

#55 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

Old age makes you forget things.

Old age made Yude forget to make their most popular creation likeable.

=/
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#56 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Anything that remembers Kinnikuman, and Bo-bobo

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:01 PM

- Zudadan Kinnikuman

- Kinnikuman GO Fight

Thank you a lot Kawaii Kenni for your translation, keep the good work ^^ :cry:

the videos aren't that good, because it was my first time putting subtitles in videos.

EDIT:

- Kinniku Mambo

Edited by Molanphy, 11 July 2009 - 06:03 PM.

#57 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

^^ They're not that bad. I have to say, it feels like I've hit a milestone. My translations can be seen in videos. It feels like I'm watching myself as part of a fansubber's group. Then again, the last time that happened was the case when my lyrics were used elsewhere by someone else, but leaving that aside, I like how the subs are. They could possibly be made a little bigger, but other than that, they're fine.

#58 Matto

Matto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

Excellent song translations, as always.

Can I request "Go, My Boy"? You did say you would do it, but that's okay, you may have forgotten with your "other" work load. I don't mind. Though on one note, since it's an RTK song, maybe listing the girl singing the part would be easier for people to identify them? And there is also a little conversation in the middle of the song...

Their voices are:

T=Tamaki: A little deep.
K=Keiko: The cute sounding one.
R=Rinko: The natural sounding one, or the one that sounds like Fumiko Orikasa.

Hope that helps.

#59 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:54 AM

^^;; I posted a few posts back an apology, because I'm not exactly up to it, at the moment. It's a bit over my head, at the moment. So, at the moment, I want to wait until I'm a little better, before I attempt it again.

#60 Matto

Matto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:11 AM

Not a problem.

#61 Crinos

Crinos

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:29 PM

If I could make a request; could you do Pentagon and Black Holes image songs?

#62 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

If I could make a request; could you do Pentagon and Black Holes image songs?

Seconding Pentagon's theme. Ore wa Pentago~n~

#63 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

^_~ As I really like Pentagon, I have already done Pentagon's theme, this being one of my first ones. I still need to do Black Hole's, so this will take a couple of days. It wouldn't normally take me this long, but I'm off out today and tomorrow, and so won't really get a chance to do anything until the end of Sunday or starting Monday. However, I shall upload Pentagon and Black Hole up together, as the 4D Killer Combi.

#64 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:13 AM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:04 AM.

#65 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

Wow thanks for Black Hole theme, when you've time could you do Trust Yourself - Nisei 3º OP

#66 Jenny

Jenny

i'm tired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:53 PM

I have another request if you don't mind Kawaii: "Kiseki no Gyakuten Fighter"?

ZObY.png

#67 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:05 AM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:04 AM.

#68 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

Thank You for Kinnikuman Theme, Keep the good work Kawaii ^^

Are you gonna do all the music from Kinnikuman? Even the Nisei ones?

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded - Kiseki no gyakuten fighter

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded - Akuma no Mougyuu

/\ This will be my last video with kawaii tranlation, if he didn't upload Trust Yoruself as a video, if he don't do the video, I will do it myself, if he let me do it, because now HE will do the video with his translation , here is his channel - http://www.youtube.c...er/Konekonekoko - subcribe

Edited by Molanphy, 16 July 2009 - 05:14 PM.

#69 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

Wow, I really didn't think that the translation this time was my best, but little appreciative comments like that can be quite a boost to the morale.

But, yes, I shall be trying to do most of the Kinnikuman songs I can possibly do. I cannot in anyway guarantee all, because I am nowhere near that good, and already have come across songs that were not only hard to translate, but some which became above my abilities.

I am doing some Nisei ones, though. I was actually going to leave it a surprise, and upload them all at once as a surprise, but I've actually been looking at "Hustle Muscle" and "Ai no Muscle", which hopefully will then be followed by "Trust Yourself". I've already done the TV size of Hustle Muscle, the full size of "Ai no Muscle", and just need to finish the full "Hustle Muscle".

#70 Matto

Matto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:10 PM

I've always been curious as to what Ai no Muscle would be like in English. Sometimes I think the song complements the animation in the first ending.

Is Koi no My Chop in the plan as well?

#71 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

If I listen to it, I'm sure it will be. I think it also depends on whether I like the song, too. If I don't like the song that much, I might be hard pressed to force myself to listen to it over and over to get the lyrics right. ^^;;

IMPORTANT EDIT:

Oh-ho? What's this? I'm trying something new.

Instead of having it so that Molanphy-san has to typeset my translations as subs on videos, I've decided to upload videos on my own YouTube account, to showcase my translations. People will be able to find the person who does these translations better, and it'll all be gathered in one place. It'll also make use of my own YouTube account, since it effectively is doing nothing now.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 16 July 2009 - 01:40 AM.

#72 Jenny

Jenny

i'm tired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:57 PM

If I don’t know (true) kindness (at all),
I ain’t gonna become a hero!

fffffff

I don't mind about the speeches anyway, I'm more interested in the actual lyrics of the song then them, so its all fine to me. Thanks for translating it. <3

ZObY.png

#73 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:05 AM.

#74 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:30 AM

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd better explain myself on something. I'm polishing up some of the Nisei songs (first opening and ending, specifically, to then move onto "Trust Yourself") and am doing "Japanese Magic", as I'm sure someone requested this a while back.

Japanese Magic? Oh. My. God. This one is the worst one to translate. It's full of compound words and phrases, and I need to not only translate them, I've got to do it so it makes sense, and also fits in with the song, as well as explain it in the translator notes. Naturally, this will take a while. The first line of the actual song is the first translation note. That's how bad it is.

#75 Meat's fan

Meat's fan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:anime

writing stories

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

Oh, i didnt know that. Sori if it causes you a problem.

"Anger and Hatred, they cause lots of problems, yet it's hard to avoid."

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com