27 replies to this topic

#1 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 06:40 PM

Where do you guys usally go stalking for toys? I just breezed through a Kaybee works yesterday with high hopes of finding a sealed Mega Match game or something equivalent. No such luck though :angry:
Cry in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield

#2 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 10:11 PM

Ebay...I have had no such luck anywhere else! :angry:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#3 kinnikumangureto

kinnikumangureto

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 06:01 AM

I have found that you must go to Toy Stores that are not part of a National chain. Local Toy shops, and close out stores are the best. Many of these stores will store old mechandise in the back, and forget about it. Toy chains usually clear their old inventory once a year. I found my Satan Cross 4 pack at an old Drug Store in Idaho. Look for stores that buy old inventory from other stores that are going out of business. Those are the best.
-terry-man in a jump suit

#4 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 06:09 AM

MUSCLE-wise, Ebay is the only place I've been successful. I used to try collectible toy stores, but they always wanted to rape me with their prices. Golly... you wouldn't expect that from a toy dealer, would you? :angry:

For new toys, I've found that Walmarts that are off the beaten path are the best choices. The ones that are close to commercial areas are pretty much worthless, but you can find just about anything new you want at the hillbilly Walmarts. Also, Walmarts are usually the most frequent in refreshing their stock. It might take an hour or so to drive out there, but it's usually worth the trip!

-Nathan

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 08:16 AM

Any ToyRUs or Kaybee or Walmart in a low income area. That's where I find the best selection. New lines though. They never have anything old. But if you're looking for Star Wars E2 insert figures, or RiD toys, etc. That's my choice for the best picks.

#6 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 01:47 PM

I have got to go searching for small toy stores that might sell old toys like M.U.S.C.L.E. I'm thinking I should check the phone book for toy stores and then go on a hunt. I hope there's a few...I live in Arizona. That would kick arse if I found some. It would make my day, no my week, my month, my year even!!! :blush:

Yeah, I'll do that!

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#7 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 04:07 PM

toys-r-us is about the only toy chain i can think of that is local. forbidden planet stocks collectible toys and comics but never ever EVER muscles. i remember a couple of years back i went to an old sweet shop and they were selling supernaturals and fake he-man lookalikes
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#8 MuScLe BoMbEr

MuScLe BoMbEr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 05:31 PM

Well down here in Australia, I go to op shops. Op shops/Opportunity shops are shops that sell all secondhand stuff. Therefore I'd try my luck at looking for M.U.S.C.L.E. figures in an op shop, though chances of finding some are very low... :blush:

#9 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 05:45 PM

ebay has been the only form for finding musclemen for me.
I have to admit i never thought to look for them b 4 thinking that they had all died out a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

but i'm taking the family for a holiday soon to Sydney and my wifes a mad shopper in the markets so i'll be looking for the muscle mothers load down there.

do good guys

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#10 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 11:48 PM

good luck man, you aussies have it rough....

#11 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 04:22 AM

yeah but when you get to make a yankee mate like you it helps a
hella lot :blush:

i'm excited about our under the table deal Doctor Dew

mischa

#12 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 10:39 PM

yeah but when you get to make a yankee mate like you it helps a
hella lot <_<

i'm excited about our under the table deal Doctor Dew

mischa

What kind of deal do you guys have going? Just curious... B)

:o
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#13 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 10 August 2002 - 05:00 AM

Doctor Dew gave me first shot at buying a sealed 4pack which i have not got yet, and he gave a pretty good deal with two , he took into account the price of shipping so i'm really looking forward to them <_<

now i need to get my hands on a sealed can B)

mischa

#14 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 13 August 2002 - 12:53 PM

if you dont mind a sealed can of colored figures, go to toybliss.com, they sell them for about $8 + shipping, a hell of a deal if you ask me. Plus ive seen colored sealed cans sell on ebay for over $10 so you can always turn around and sell it if you dont like the colors you get and break even at least. I got three of them, they are so mint its unbelievable.

p.s. if you get a couple cans look through it for a magenta or purple hand, thats half the reason i bought them, to see if i could get lucky and find one.
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#15 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 13 August 2002 - 02:23 PM

You guys have inspired me for a hunt. I know Doc Dew just found some old muscles at a small shop wherever he found them, then Johnny brought up a good idea that old toy stores, or general stores in less rural areas usually have old crap to sell. I live in Nevada, and besides Vegas, and Reno, you can't get much less rural. My wife will totally not go for this so I have to plan it on a weekend she is out of town, she is going back to Japan in December for a month so I might do it then, however. I am going on a hella long road trip to some of the most abandoned towns in Nevada for my search for rare muscles. No general store, drug store, or toy store is safe. I have a couple months to plan and map out my destinations. So my next question is, who's with me?

#16 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 02:49 PM

doc moore j,

If I were you, I would ask the wife to keep an eye out for Kinnikuman items when she goes to Japan! That way your looking for M.U.S.C.L.E. stuff here and she's looking there! You have a better chance of finding something! :lol:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#17 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 08:30 PM

I told her to, I also told her to have her brother send me whatever he can find, but she hates me spending money on toys, so I got the big no for an answer.

#18 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 08:39 PM

But that's a once in a lifetime opportunity!!! Beg her, man! Beg her! I would! B)

Good luck! :lol:

:wub:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#19 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 08:44 PM

I'm going to Japan Sept 15th wooohoo I have my ticket in hand. I plan to spend about a grand on toys alone...

#20 MUSCLETOYS

MUSCLETOYS

Happily stuck in the past

• Legends
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Keshi, Minifigs, Baseball Cards, Travel, Disc Golf, Bigfoot, Pizza, Beer

Posted 13 August 2002 - 08:46 PM

I used to take my family on a road trip every year ranging from 2,000 - 4,000 miles round trip. My wife would get irritated when I wanted to stop at every Wal Mart and drug store in the middle of no where, but that's where I always found the best toys. Starting lineups, STar Trek, Star Wars, SPAWN, you name it. I've never found M.U.S.C.L.E. stuff still on shelves though. Now... closer to home.... When I started seeing scalpers at 7:00 in the morning actually shouting and getting ready to throw blows over a dennis rodman figure at Wal Mart, or Fat toy dealers nearly getting heart attack's from sprinting down the aisles of Toys "R" Us to snatch up all the Han Solo on Taun Taun exclusives, Well... that's pretty much when I gave up toy hunting and started using e-bay. I'm like Nathan, Scalping has really soured me on the toy collecting hobby. I used to collect a ton of stuff, but now I'm very selective and focus pretty much on MUSCLE and Kinnikuman, maybe some Trek or Star Wars, but the items really have to impress me. In fact... If you're sick of scalpers too, go to rebelscum.com and check out their "collect to collect" link. I have a button on my main page with a direct link, so does Nate. It's a must see!

#21 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 08:53 PM

I'm going to Japan Sept 15th wooohoo I have my ticket in hand. I plan to spend about a grand on toys alone...

Damn, a grand huh! I wish I had that much to spend on just toys alone. If I was going to Japan, I could probably convince myself that it was worth it though! :p

Let us know what you find over there. ^_^

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#22 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 01:34 AM

Believe me you guys will be the first to know what I come back with I will post pics and everything. You guys are the only ones who truly understand anyways, all my friends come over and see my crap sittin around and they thing im out of my mind...

#23 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 07:03 AM

But that's a once in a lifetime opportunity!!! Beg her, man! Beg her! I would! ^_^

Once in a life? Nah, she was born and raised there, I lived there for a few years, and we go back once or twice a year. My only problem is when I lived there I didn't think about it or even know Muscle men came from japan. Next time I go, I will have to tie her up so I can go to the toy stores and buy buy buy, she hates me spending cash on toys. I'll see what I can do.

#24 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 08:54 PM

I'm going to take an add out in the Australian Trading Post Newspaper
for any muscle men figures , if it works out i'll let you know how i go.

do good guys

mischa

#25 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 09:17 PM

I'm going to take an add out in the Australian Trading Post Newspaper
for any muscle men figures , if it works out i'll let you know how i go.

do good guys

mischa

thats a cool idea. i would maybe make the title something like "small pink plastic wrestlers" instead of "Muscle Men". because people might not know their names. they'll think "i have a box of some little pink men, maybe they are Muscles....." instead of "Muscle Men? what are they? i dont have any."

but yeah man, "do good" ^_^

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com