60 replies to this topic

#26 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 01:18 PM

I thought todays episode was pretty good. I have been looking forward to the new episodes for awhile now and I am pleased. I liked how kid used a special move to enter the pinball machine, all of the farts in todays episode were great! Doc Noc is a trip with his wig.. I like how he pulled it off and a blinding light came off of his dome. Photo Pat is so so cool! The other wrestlers were ok but Photo Pat reminds me of an odd kinkeshi figure... The others were just to tough looking for me. I cant wait untll next Sunday!

#27 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 03:17 PM

I thought this episode was great! I have no complaints. I like a little downtime from the wrestling. I am very pleased with this first of the American UM series. I definately think that Wally called Jaeger, "J." Kevin Mask was great being his typical anti-social self. I like how they are setting up for a Kevin Mask v. Mantaro championship match just like Robin Mask v. Suguru. I'll feel bad for Kevin when he loses to Mantaro.

Doc and Mac were entertaining, as usual. I loved the addition of Mr. Cheeks as the re-cap person. Funny stuff.

I thought the Pinball machine was a good substitute for the Pachinko machine. There are some cool new characters coming up that should make for some good matches. Photo Pat was excellent! Great name. I have been reading the Kinnikuman Nisei manga over at AK's site and I have absolutely no problems with the changes that were made for the anime. I think the future American episodes are going to be some good stuff. Mike, tell everyone they are doing a great job!

#28 itsamike

itsamike

The Man Behind The Meat!

• Legends
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 06:57 PM

Mike, tell everyone they are doing a great job!

Thanks! Will do!
--Mike
|= <

The opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of 4Kids Entertainment or its affiliates.

Want an autographed picture? Click here!

#29 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 02:38 AM

I thought this episode was great! I have no complaints. I like a little downtime from the wrestling. I am very pleased with this first of the American UM series. I definately think that Wally called Jaeger, "J." Kevin Mask was great being his typical anti-social self. I like how they are setting up for a Kevin Mask v. Mantaro championship match just like Robin Mask v. Suguru. I'll feel bad for Kevin when he loses to Mantaro.

Doc and Mac were entertaining, as usual. I loved the addition of Mr. Cheeks as the re-cap person. Funny stuff.

I thought the Pinball machine was a good substitute for the Pachinko machine. There are some cool new characters coming up that should make for some good matches. Photo Pat was excellent! Great name. I have been reading the Kinnikuman Nisei manga over at AK's site and I have absolutely no problems with the changes that were made for the anime. I think the future American episodes are going to be some good stuff. Mike, tell everyone they are doing a great job!

Like I told you in the post about last week's episode, HISTORY IS BOUND TO REPEAT ITSELF! I knew that there would be the Kid Muscle vs. Robin Mask showdown, just like in the manga, and just like their predicessors, Robin Mask and King Muscle!
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

#30 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 10:47 AM

I don't have the script in front of me, and I'm not gonna go back and ask to look at it, but I thought that Wally called Jaeger "J.," not Jade. Especially with the "J" on his helmet. But that's just me talkin'.

Yeah... at first I thought he did say "Jade" but it's most definately "J"

It was a good episode all and all, but not great... just some sort of filler, but more plot exposition oriented.

And the Roxanne thing... well... say good bye to his romantic interrest with her...

As near as I can tell, Mantaro's Father carried torches for numerous women. First it was some singer, she fell in love with her manager, and he quickly forgot about her. Then came Mari... after her and Meat became an item, Kinnikuman just forgot all about her... then came Flying Natsuko. It looked like they were going to get it together, then Terryman snapped her up...then along came Bimbimba (Sp? Very hard to remember name..) and that took...

So don't be surprised if Kid Muscle winds up with Ikymon's sister, or someone else...
Posted Image

#31 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 12:33 PM

anyone notice in the openning recap of the last few episodes with doc and mac how their mouths moved perfectly in synch with their dialogue.

anyway what episode number was this mornings episode?

I did. That was pretty cool looking ^^ Poor Msr. Cheeks.. I think he should still host the foxbox.

And the Roxanne thing... well... say good bye to his romantic interrest with her...

*cries*I like Mantaro and Roxanne! Are you sure they break up? I don't see very many Mantaro + Jac pics. I see alot of Mantaro + Rox. Speaking of Jaquelin.. She's so pretty! ^^ I really liked her voice. It suits her well. *nod nod*I can see why Kid's all over her. >.>'

*grins*I saw the new pic of Mars in the opening.. are they trying to hint at something?

#32 ApplianceMan

ApplianceMan

Always on Liquify

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 09:34 PM

So why the heck doesn't Buffalo Man have a son? Is he impotent? He's the one you saw being the bad guy on the backs of all the MUSCLE packages. If anyone should fight Kid Muscle, it would be his heir, not Kevin "I've decided not to be friendly again" Mask.

Got to love how those "pinballs" defy the laws of physics and change their path in mid-momentum.

#33 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 02:22 AM

I think that Ikkyman is worried that Jaqueline would have the same fate as McMadd's sister (if he had one), getting married to Kid Muscle, and making Cow with Rice! Chances are that Roxanne would probably change the whole "History Repeats Itself" thing.
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

#34 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 07:48 AM

So why the heck doesn't Buffalo Man have a son? Is he impotent? He's the one you saw being the bad guy on the backs of all the MUSCLE packages. If anyone should fight Kid Muscle, it would be his heir, not Kevin "I've decided not to be friendly again" Mask.

Got to love how those "pinballs" defy the laws of physics and change their path in mid-momentum.

I'd say impotence, but that would just be silly! :D

I mean, by that logic, why the heck Doesn't Ramenman have a son, or Brocken Jr. have a real son (Jaeger doesn't count)... Maybe they didn't want to settle down and raise a family. I sure as heck don't want any kids, maybe they didn't.

And the pinball thing, totally agree with you... the one problem of changing the Pochinko (sp?) game to pinball seems to be that they had to get the balls into slots in the board, rather than in cups...

And I don't now why, but the mention of Pinball and the Number 12 reminded me of that old Sesame Street skit I saw as a kid...

You know... 1 2 3 4 5, 6 7 8 9 10, 11 12.....

Edited by Drtooth, 21 October 2003 - 07:50 AM.

Posted Image

#35 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 10:14 AM

I mean, by that logic, why the heck Doesn't Ramenman have a son, or Brocken Jr. have a real son (Jaeger doesn't count)... Maybe they didn't want to settle down and raise a family. I sure as heck don't want any kids, maybe they didn't.

:D MAYBE ALL THE YEARS OF WEARING THOSE TIGHS MADE THEM IMPOTENT?

#36 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 11:00 AM

(Looks around) didn't I already say that?

I mean, Bufalloman and Ramenman are pretty unlikely characters to settle down, am I right. They're tough and were at one point frustraited villains, I mean, chasing after kids... not their style.

I think it's funny that Photopat is the only female wrestler in the Bunch.

Reminds me of something I heard about Andy Kauffman... he once started an amature co-ed werstling league, and wrestled women himself, just so he could get near women...

Of course, if it's a robot, does the gender really matter? It's gender is pretty much based on the lipstick, etc. of the character. So a robot is techincall assexual in that sense? I confused myself....
Posted Image

#37 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 12:47 PM

If you're trying to remember the name of Suguru's final date, it's Belinda! And if Kid Muscle ends up being like his dad, the King, then Ultimate Muscle is just as predictable as Kinnikuman!

#38 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 04:49 PM

So why the heck doesn't Buffalo Man have a son? Is he impotent? He's the one you saw being the bad guy on the backs of all the MUSCLE packages.

Mars seems an awful like Buffaloman.. anyone ever think perhaps ol' Scarface is Buffaloman's son?

#39 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 06:49 PM

So why the heck doesn't Buffalo Man have a son? Is he impotent? He's the one you saw being the bad guy on the backs of all the MUSCLE packages.

Mars seems an awful like Buffaloman.. anyone ever think perhaps ol' Scarface is Buffaloman's son?

Yeah, and he slaughtered him when he fought him in the Hercules Graduation finals.

#40 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 07:26 PM

I mean, by that logic, why the heck Doesn't Ramenman have a son, or Brocken Jr. have a real son (Jaeger doesn't count)... Maybe they didn't want to settle down and raise a family.  I sure as heck don't want any kids, maybe they didn't.

:D MAYBE ALL THE YEARS OF WEARING THOSE TIGHS MADE THEM IMPOTENT?

Brocken wears a full military uniform. Ramenman wears pants.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#41 Uo-ZUMAN

Uo-ZUMAN

Leo Saint Aioria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 09:27 PM

I like how they are setting up for a Kevin Mask v. Mantaro championship match just like Robin Mask v. Suguru.  I'll feel bad for Kevin when he loses to Mantaro.

Like I told you in the post about last week's episode, HISTORY IS BOUND TO REPEAT ITSELF! I knew that there would be the Kid Muscle vs. Kevin Mask showdown, just like in the manga, and just like their predicessors, Robin Mask and King Muscle!

****** WARNING SOME SPOILERS CONTAINED DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS IN THE STORY OF THE JAPANESE MANGA******

i think all of you are going to be suprised when you find out who wins the chojin crown, i wont say but its not what you expect, i have the nisei mangas and i saw how it ends,

but even more suprising is the new saga after the chojin crown just wait till you find out who the new villain is :woot: . A----------N ;)

******SPOILERS ABOVE******

Edited by Uo-ZUMAN, 21 October 2003 - 09:35 PM.

Posted Image

#42 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 09:49 PM

A----------N

Ever notice how this guy bears a striking resemblance to Kevin Mask, or vice versa.

#43 Ms. KinnikuFan

Ms. KinnikuFan

Oh, who the hell cares?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 10:56 PM

(Looks around) didn't I already say that?

I mean, Bufalloman and Ramenman are pretty unlikely characters to settle down, am I right. They're tough and were at one point frustraited villains, I mean, chasing after kids... not their style.

Maybe they had daughters... and want to keep them away from Kid Muscle at all costs. Or maybe their children simply weren't Chojin-worthy. Or maybe they all just died.
Aw hell, I can't think of a good signature!

#44 Checkmate17

Checkmate17

Captain Wesker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:My Interests:<br>My Girlfriend &lt;3<br>Anime(Ultimate Muscle, DBZ, Shaman King, etc.)<br>Video Games<br>Resident Evil<br>Talking with my Friends<br>Riding my Bike<br>Writing Stories

Posted 22 October 2003 - 12:01 PM

So your saying that that guy Kevin Mask ran with in the Three Feet Heat is going to be the new villian or what?

#45 Uo-ZUMAN

Uo-ZUMAN

Leo Saint Aioria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 12:39 PM

So your saying that that guy Kevin Mask ran with in the Three Feet Heat is going to be the new villian or what?

no, heres another clue, a G1 character will in some way be the new villain.
Posted Image

#46 Liokaiserbf

Liokaiserbf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 01:20 PM

I have a good feeling who it is and I ain't saying, only hint you get is he is in the UM minis.

#47 Checkmate17

Checkmate17

Captain Wesker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:My Interests:<br>My Girlfriend &lt;3<br>Anime(Ultimate Muscle, DBZ, Shaman King, etc.)<br>Video Games<br>Resident Evil<br>Talking with my Friends<br>Riding my Bike<br>Writing Stories

Posted 22 October 2003 - 01:43 PM

OK, if isn't the guy that Kevin Mask ran with, and it's a G1 Character, then I'm guessing that it's going to be Wars Man

#48 Uo-ZUMAN

Uo-ZUMAN

Leo Saint Aioria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 02:03 PM

OK, if isn't the guy that Kevin Mask ran with, and it's a G1 Character, then I'm guessing that it's going to be Wars Man

sorry still no, (i wish warsman would appear though :woot: )

jkaris and Liokaiserbf know who it is according to their responses. i don't want to spoil it for everybody so if you are dying to know pm me and i will reply back the answer, but all the clues that are above should be enough.
Posted Image

#49 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 03:02 PM

Okay... it's definately not Lord Flash (since the name starts with A and ends in N)

Uh oh....

I found out who it is...

I spoiled it for myself...

Crap crap crap! :woot:
Posted Image

#50 Checkmate17

Checkmate17

Captain Wesker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 04:03 PM

Crap, I finally found out who is as well, there are two old villians that start with A and end in N but I am hoping it's the one I think it is.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com