#1 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

Ok, so I have been going through my collection. I have come upon more then 1 different "Hasbro & Takara" printings/makers mark on certain figures. I now have 9 different figures that have a totally different print and location and even identification number on them.
My 'GUESS' is this a different factory and different run from the figures that have the ABC's markings. Also I don't see these figures very often and sometimes not at all (YET?) in any figure past the FIRST SERIES? (Guessing and my theory so far)...
Now with me saying this, has anyone ever noticed or sen this before? I am not calling this a variant(s) BUT!!! (A big but!) the same print is on the back of the ROUND TAIL RABBIT???
Any help or anyone with a 'ARMY' may want to check to see if this happens on any of their figures? Thanks everyone for input and help and I been posting photos on my Instagram page of the ones I have found.

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:48 PM

Wel as mentioned in a topic before the markings on the figures are definitely something that needs further inspection and there´s no general outcome on it YET apart from the fact there´s a big chance its factory or country (continent) related which means that in the end we might be able to trace back the origin of a particular figure based upon its markings. But we´re not there yet. It´s a good thing everything is mentioned though because little details like these out here make it much easier to verify things like this later on.

Right now it is starting to look like these markings you´re mentioning can all be traced back to a factory in Europe since all of the original BDC figs have the exact same markings. I checked your Pirate Lion pic on Instagram and compared it to the BDC Lion and it was a one on one match and from that point of view its also not strange that the Round tail Rabbit has the same markings on it because the BDC Rabbits have a round tail as well.... This might also explain the fact why markings like these have not been found amongst figs of Series 2 and 3 because in that factory only Series 1 was produced.

The hunts continues but slowly some pieces starting to fall together so stay on the lookout and keep us posted on any others strange markings ;)

Edited by Beastformers, 24 June 2015 - 02:49 PM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#3 vaal

vaal

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, M.U.S.C.L.E, MOTUC, Vintage MOTU, Vintage Star Wars, TOS Star Trek

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:55 PM

From the title of the thread, I thought we were going to be talking about Bourbon! Delicious bourbon.

;)

#4 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:49 PM

Thanks beastformers for that. Just out of curiosity does any of the Penguins you have , have any differences on the marks?

#5 Grencats

Grencats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:32 PM

I have 4 Penguins.  1 says 75A  and 3 of them say 75B. They look the same other than that.

#6 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:14 AM

I have 4 Penguins.  1 says 75A  and 3 of them say 75B. They look the same other than that.

I also checked a few Penguins ;)

http://www.littlerub...howtopic=105252

Thanks beastformers for that. Just out of curiosity does any of the Penguins you have , have any differences on the marks?

No inconsistencies here apart from the different factory molds; 31x A, 22x B, 29x C

If there´d have been any more general/common inconsistencies amongst the Penguins I´d probably have known by now, the only known inconsistency is the fact that there´s other more lighter colored weapons known for it but that goes for all Purple colored weapons since in Japan there´s been a run with slightly lighter purple colored weapons. But that´s it.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#7 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:48 AM

From the title of the thread, I thought we were going to be talking about Bourbon! Delicious bourbon.

;)

hah same here. Makers on the rocks has been my drink for years; recently switched to Woodford Reserve though; another good mid-range option.

Also, this thread would really benefit from some photos. I'm still not 100% clear on what differential is being discussed here. 

#8 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:07 AM

I toured the distillery a few years ago in Loretto.  Part of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail along with Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, and a few others. In hindsight though, I can't remember one from another.  ;)

#9 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:24 AM

I have a pile of kangaroos and am pretty sure I had like 7 or 8 different versions of it.  Been a long time since I looked at them, Ill try to double check tonight.

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#10 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:01 PM

I have a pile of kangaroos and am pretty sure I had like 7 or 8 different versions of it.  Been a long time since I looked at them, Ill try to double check tonight.

No you mention that there is indeed something amongst the Kangaroo, and the same story goes for the Polar Bear, but that was mainly based upon its number and the position of it rather than the markings and the origin H23454 is talking about but like Bachamn said it would be good to have some pics in here to clarify. When it comes to the Kangaroo we have been discussing the issue, assuming its about the number placement, here before: http://www.littlerub...223&hl=kangaroo

It is an interesting difference in the marking but I would not directly relate it to the difference in the Series 1 markings discussed here because based on the direction where that is going I doubt there will be a connection with Series 2 Beasts included and if so we might have to start look at things from a totally different perspective again.

Have a look and show us what you had found because 7 or 8 variations amongst just a single fig is pretty much although I know about the combinations made with the 1, 2, 3 numbers (replacing A, B, C in Series 2) together with the position of the figure number already brought up a couple results and the same goes for the slight shade variations in its armor color so from that point of view 7 or 8 is not to extreme.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:16 PM

makers-mark-AP505790134359.jpg

#12 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:56 PM

I also checked a few Penguins ;)
http://www.littlerub...howtopic=105252

No inconsistencies here apart from the different factory molds; 31x A, 22x B, 29x C
If there´d have been any more general/common inconsistencies amongst the Penguins I´d probably have known by now, the only known inconsistency is the fact that there´s other more lighter colored weapons known for it but that goes for all Purple colored weapons since in Japan there´s been a run with slightly lighter purple colored weapons. But that´s it.

Thanks for checking. It's the army's like yours and mine and others that make it interesting? But like you said, I to think it's more in the first series then any others.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com