13 replies to this topic

#1 smbeatty

smbeatty

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

Hey guys I just joined the forum a few days ago. I was cruising YouTube and saw JonnyPac's pinheadedly awesome collection, commented on the video, and he directed me to this wonderful place. Anyway, like many of you I had a these little guys when I was a kid, but here's the funny story: I was born in 1984 so by the time these were over and done with, I was four or five years old. Somehow I ended up with like 10 or so BB's but I had no idea what they were called because a three year old can't read and I didn't remember the commercial at all. I guess I just pointed to the packages and my mom bought them for me. I finally googled it when I was like 17 and figured out what they were. BATTLE BEASTS! Long story short, I'm trying to get ALL of them now. Just got my first LB. It's Sailon. Pretty rad little dude. I think Puzzlecolor is next on the list...or ANY of them for that matter. My original's I had when I was a kid are long gone, but I'm slowly building back up to what I had.

So, here's a pic of the Sailon I just got. First time I've ever looked into one of the crystals (that I can remember) was 30 min ago. Best looking log I've ever seen!

Attached File  $(KGrHqV,!k0FClETyYG)BQ4yZeRl0Q~~60_57.JPG   446.34K   29 downloads

#2 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Welcome to the board. Goodluck building your collection. :mage:
I was also born in 1984.

#3 smbeatty

smbeatty

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Welcome to the board. Goodluck building your collection. :mage:
I was also born in 1984.

Thanks! It's cool knowing there are lots of other people as obsessed with these as I am.

#4 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

I was born in 1984

I was born in '89 and I stil love these things, even though I never ever saw them growing up. They're awesome figures. Also, welcome to the board!

Edited by Draznar, 04 March 2013 - 07:14 PM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#5 organicbeets

organicbeets

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Lbs Rule...Welcome.

#6 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hey mate you have come to the right place we all have some crazzy collections. I was born in 1983 so your all making me feel old lol.
This toy line is a really fun line to collect. I was reluctant to collect LB but once I got one I was hooked.
Sailon is a very cool beast mate.

#7 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

Hah! Got you all beat born in 79! Lol welcome to the board!

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#8 Hibbinator1000

Hibbinator1000

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

Yikes! I remember mowing lawns so I could go to Kmart and buy BBs! 77!!!
Hibbz

#9 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Hey guys I just joined the forum a few days ago. I was cruising YouTube and saw JonnyPac's pinheadedly awesome collection, commented on the video, and he directed me to this wonderful place. Anyway, like many of you I had a these little guys when I was a kid, but here's the funny story: I was born in 1984 so by the time these were over and done with, I was four or five years old. Somehow I ended up with like 10 or so BB's but I had no idea what they were called because a three year old can't read and I didn't remember the commercial at all. I guess I just pointed to the packages and my mom bought them for me. I finally googled it when I was like 17 and figured out what they were. BATTLE BEASTS! Long story short, I'm trying to get ALL of them now. Just got my first LB. It's Sailon. Pretty rad little dude. I think Puzzlecolor is next on the list...or ANY of them for that matter. My original's I had when I was a kid are long gone, but I'm slowly building back up to what I had.

So, here's a pic of the Sailon I just got. First time I've ever looked into one of the crystals (that I can remember) was 30 min ago. Best looking log I've ever seen!

Attached File  $(KGrHqV,!k0FClETyYG)BQ4yZeRl0Q~~60_57.JPG   446.34K   29 downloads

Welcome to the community man. :thumbsup: It's nice to meet people who are equally enthusiastic about the line, and honestly I think a lot of us (like myself) share a similar history with them. Take some time to read through the content in the forums and you can learn a lot about what was released and how difficult some of it is to obtain. Some more important advice, which you'll find written many other places in the forums, is to try and develop positive relationships with members here and build your collection through trades and private sales when you can. There are lots of really nice people here with spare beasts that will offer you a fair deal. I learned this about halfway through completing my own collection and know I could have saved some cash if I'd spend a little less time pursuing eBay auctions and more time working with other collectors. :rolleyes: Feel free to ask if you have any questions; I'd be happy to help.

Edited by bachamn, 05 March 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#10 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Welcome, its always good to see that new collectors keep comming as there are still a lot of hidden beasts out there who deserve a good home.
Have a look around because when it comes to BB and LB this is indeed the place to be and thanks to all great members out here the archive keeps growing with news/updates and other questions.

But be aware because once you get infected with the BB virus.............. there's no way back and you've got to catch them all (oh no that's something different ;))

Enjoy!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#11 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

GJNL is right it starts with BB then lower 12 Laser beasts and then you realise that $10 used to be alot of money for a toy and now your spend $200 a toy lol it just gets worse and worse from there lol GJNL and I got the virus bad lol.

#12 Hibbinator1000

Hibbinator1000

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Seems like its pretty contagious!! And yes you will be spending some cash! It's worth it though!
Hibbz

#13 ChrisCool

ChrisCool

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Hello ! Same here, born on 1984 in France ^^, and "infected" recently. When you begin your collection, it can grows pretty fast and looks amazing ^^. Good luck for yours :)

#14 Scar1321

Scar1321

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Toys!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

Welcome to an awesome line!

I'm one of the old guys (77) that had the as a kid... Loved them!

Now I have the complete regular series set of BBs with weapons and all 12 lower Laser Beasts. I'm only missing 1 of their weapons.

I was really lucky to start collecting again before they started getting expensive on Ebay. Got some great deals from some members on here too!

Need action figures and parts? I might have it!

Posted Image

Always adding new stuff!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com