Trash bag bunch collectors?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:21 AM

How many people are interested in this line? I only own the one, Garbeast, which i got as a random xmas present when i was a kid.
I really wanna start collecting these but they seem to be rare & hard to find at a sensible price?

Is there really any solid info on series 2 of this line? (not Bad Eggz, which i want too!!!)

I just bough a 'Trash Bag Bunch' figure off a German seller on ebay. He had two for sale, Bio degrador & one i didn't recognise.
Being hasty i bought it straight away & i'm hoping that it is a genuine TBB figure!

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I hope it's a unknown series 2 figure, but now i'm unsure! :( Any ideas?

#2 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:29 AM

That's a Zbot.

#3 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:48 AM

Son of a bee-eye-itch, a Z bot? For Gods sake, i've never laid eyes on one!?
I asked the German seller if he was sure it was a genuine TBB figure & he said yes!

Cheers for the heads up. :(

#4 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:01 AM

I really wanna start collecting these but they seem to be rare & hard to find at a sensible price?

They're not especially uncommon and they pop up fairly regularly on eBay, you oughtn't pay more than £1.50 per figure.

Malosavich still has a few in his sale thread, I also will have a few left over after forthcoming trades as I'm getting close to completing series 1.

Series 2 is rare as hen's teeth, but a few collectors have managed to get some.

For the record, here is a TBB series 2 checklist I found (I forget where it came from, so if it belongs to anyone out there, I apologise in advance for not giving credit):

Attached File  TBB2.JPG   234.72K   115 downloads
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#5 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:05 AM

Thanks Boaconda, i've emailed the seller to tell him, forget it.
Being falsely advertised, i'm expecting a refund with no problems, tosser.

This balls up further highlights the need for more info on the TBB line for newbies like myself, lol.

They're not especially uncommon and they pop up fairly regularly on eBay, you oughtn't pay more than £1.50 per figure.

Malosavich still has a few in his sale thread, I also will have a few left over after forthcoming trades as I'm getting close to completing series 1.

Series 2 is rare as hen's teeth, but a few collectors have managed to get some.

For the record, here is a TBB series 2 checklist I found (I forget where it came from, so if it belongs to anyone out there, I apologise in advance for not giving credit):

Attached File  TBB2.JPG   234.72K   115 downloads

Cheers for the info Strontium! I really want a full set of Trashors & the series 2 ones too! They do come up on ebay here & there but mostly it's just still sealed ones for £25 odd quid, which seems a bit rough! :(

#6 Wrath1104

Wrath1104

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

I lucked out a couple months back ... I was cruisn' eBay and I found a 99% complete Series 1, missing one figure. I didn't even know there was a series 2 until a few weeks ago. I've only seen one online so far, but it would be great to try and complete this series 2 collection.

Also, if I remember correctly, Marty TGB has a few TBB as well. Not sure which ones though, off hand.
If it weren't for the good guys, we'd all be BAD!

#7 deadfishlake

deadfishlake

Gimme everything you got!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

Yeah, I know of one, ONE collector who is 1 away from a full TBB2 set!

In talking to this person, I found out that there is a german collector who should have at least 1 of the repaints. Other than those two people, the only other one I personally know that has them is....myself! Not very many though :( According to the owner of the large collection they are EXTREMELY rare-the 'new sculpts' are even more rare than the 'repaints' too. Keep in mind though I live in the states (where these weren't released), so I only know what I've heard from others. If it helps, here's mine:

Attached File  TBB2_019.jpg   729.86K   105 downloads

I also have a full set of series one-not too hard to complete, though a couple of figures gave me slight trouble. Hope this helps!

#8 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:22 PM

Wow, nice collection Deadfish! Argh, i'm jealous! Like you said, they weren't even released over there yet you guys seem to be able to find them, same with BEB.
I'm really interested in this line & series 2 makes it even more of a challenge!
After seeing some pics of TBB2 i've got to get some, The repaint of Liceplant looks wicked & i'm digging that new sculpt fish with legs, lol!

Btw, i can't tell with the pics i've seen, how is series 2 Junk Jackal different? The paint job looks the same as series 1.

#9 deadfishlake

deadfishlake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:42 PM

Here:

Attached File  junkjackal_002.jpg   700.65K   63 downloads

Basically it's dark grey/black instead of tan, and it has red highlights instead of green (like on it's hand).

#10 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:57 AM

Here:

Attached File  junkjackal_002.jpg   700.65K   63 downloads

Basically it's dark grey/black instead of tan, and it has red highlights instead of green (like on it's hand).

Oh yeah of course, i just couldn't make out the difference from the shady pics. :)

#11 deadfishlake

deadfishlake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

Oh yeah of course, i just couldn't make out the difference from the shady pics. :joecool:

Yeah, my camera/house lighting/picture taking skills leave much to be desired. I've been meaning to take nice, clear individual pics of my Trash Bag Bunch II figures and my Bad Eggz Bunch collection. Maybe someday I actually will!

#12 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

Wow, nice collection Deadfish! Argh, i'm jealous! Like you said, they weren't even released over there yet you guys seem to be able to find them, same with BEB.
I'm really interested in this line & series 2 makes it even more of a challenge!
After seeing some pics of TBB2 i've got to get some, The repaint of Liceplant looks wicked & i'm digging that new sculpt fish with legs, lol!

Btw, i can't tell with the pics i've seen, how is series 2 Junk Jackal different? The paint job looks the same as series 1.

Do'h! I've been calling that figure 'Junk Jackal' when his name is Junker! My bad, lol. :rolleyes:

#13 Skitz

Skitz

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Masters of the Universe, Transformers, and more old toys!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

I had several of these as a kid. I loved them, I was pretty young but I still remember putting the bags in the kitchen sink.

The three figures I have are the first series dog, the black and pink robot, and the neon yellow scorpion.

#14 Jestermon

Jestermon

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:39 AM

I think the only two I have is the Iguana man and the orange ogre guy in the fuzzy shirt.

I had never even seen the images of the second series before.

No I also have the skeleton man with the light post thing.

Edited by Jestermon, 25 March 2010 - 10:53 AM.

Posted Image

#15 SebsterZombie

SebsterZombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, I know of one, ONE collector who is 1 away from a full TBB2 set!

In talking to this person, I found out that there is a german collector who should have at least 1 of the repaints. Other than those two people, the only other one I personally know that has them is....myself! Not very many though :KS: According to the owner of the large collection they are EXTREMELY rare-the 'new sculpts' are even more rare than the 'repaints' too. Keep in mind though I live in the states (where these weren't released), so I only know what I've heard from others. If it helps, here's mine:

Attached File  TBB2_019.jpg   729.86K   105 downloads

I also have a full set of series one-not too hard to complete, though a couple of figures gave me slight trouble. Hope this helps!

That would be me :p

And the info is correct, the second series had a very limited release in Sweden and Denmark only (to my knowledge) I'll try to take some photos of my collection, I need to stop being so lazy :KS:

#16 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

That would be me ;)

And the info is correct, the second series had a very limited release in Sweden and Denmark only (to my knowledge) I'll try to take some photos of my collection, I need to stop being so lazy B)

Wow! Get some pics up of your collection man! I've heard series 2 had a limited release in Europe but how rare are we talking here? Do they ever come up on ebay & how much do you think they cost/are worth? I'm guessing the new sculpts are more expensive than the repaints?

#17 deadfishlake

deadfishlake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

I KNOW, I've been telling him to get pics up too!

Sorry Sebastian, I would've given you specific credit but I don't want to go around saying 'Sebastian has nearly the whole second series!' Trying to give you a little privacy B)

Edited by deadfishlake, 25 March 2010 - 10:44 AM.

#18 SebsterZombie

SebsterZombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:42 AM

Wow! Get some pics up of your collection man! I've heard series 2 had a limited release in Europe but how rare are we talking here? Do they ever come up on ebay & how much do you think they cost/are worth? I'm guessing the new sculpts are more expensive than the repaints?

Actually in Scandinavia only (99% sure of that) :) They are ridiculous rare, even in Sweden, which seems to be the main country for these figures. I have NEVER seen ANY TBB2 on Ebay, and I have only found a few figures in Sweden since the release around 1993. I got most of mine when I was a kid. I hope to find more of them, but it's so freakin hard, and Sweden is a very small country you know :hi:

PS: I value the figures to $80-$120 depending on the sculpt (the new sculpts are even rarer than the repaints)

Edited by SebsterZombie, 26 March 2010 - 10:46 AM.

#19 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:04 AM

Actually in Scandinavia only (99% sure of that) :( They are ridiculous rare, even in Sweden, which seems to be the main country for these figures. I have NEVER seen ANY TBB2 on Ebay, and I have only found a few figures in Sweden since the release around 1993. I got most of mine when I was a kid. I hope to find more of them, but it's so freakin hard, and Sweden is a very small country you know :)

PS: I value the figures to $80-$120 depending on the sculpt (the new sculpts are even rarer than the repaints)

Bloody hell! I don't stand much of a chance then! Thanks for the info. Why is it that every toy or line i want to collect always seems to be super rare (TBB2, BEB etc...) & impossible to find, lol!?
I'll have to settle for trying to collect all the series 1 Trashors for now, that'll probably still be a challenge too. :hi:

#20 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:03 AM

Thanks to Malosavich i now own Scum Lizard, Stink Buzzard, Scuzbeast, Sewer Rat & Vac-U-Ator aswell as my Garbeast! :lol:

#21 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

Yeah I'd be absolutely thrilled to own any one of the new sculpts from Series 2, but have never seen a sign of them other than the people here who have a couple, which they only have by a huge stroke of very good fortune :/

Z-bots, unlike TBB, are articulated. Also a different size, different materials...don't know how that guy thought he was sure it was a TBB. Z-bots is a cool line too though, and only somewhat more common online.

Edited by scythemantis, 27 March 2010 - 11:25 AM.

#22 deadfishlake

deadfishlake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:41 AM

It's a nice lazy Sunday, so I tried taking a couple more pictures. I chose these two figures because they're the two new scuplts I have in the best condition. Plus, until I actually received mine, I never could really see Scum Slug's sculpt. Anyway, this'll help until Seb gets his pics up :down:

Attached File  moretbb2_001.jpg   687.84K   29 downloadsAttached File  moretbb2_002.jpg   701.26K   29 downloads
Attached File  moretbb2_006.jpg   695.33K   26 downloads

Attached File  moretbb2_003.jpg   696.41K   25 downloadsAttached File  moretbb2_004.jpg   699.32K   16 downloads

Edited by deadfishlake, 28 March 2010 - 08:42 AM.

#23 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

Cool pics, nice one! :)

#24 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:02 AM

Yeah, those series 2 guys are both fantastic!

#25 SebsterZombie

SebsterZombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:41 AM

Okay, I have finally taken som photos of my TBB2 collection. Enjoy :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image