38 replies to this topic

#1 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:24 PM

I'm posting these not only to see if any of the newer members might know what they are, but also so Soupie has links to my pictures so he can put them up on Toypedia for those who frequent his board to research.

I must know what these are and what they are called.

Johnny posted a link to a yahoo japan auction with these guys in it, but, speaking only 2 languages, English and Pittsburghese, I couldnt garner any info from it.

So here is my whole collection... for now. Please someone, gimme some info on these things.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

P.S. Soups, if you need better pictures, just let me know. I'll have my wife help me because for some reason, I just cant get the light right like I did with that first batch of MIMP photos I took. I'm using the same setup exactly so I think its a matter of camera settings, which, is entirely NOT my specialty.

#2 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:47 PM

Holy Crap!!!!! ;)
Your army seems to be growing,I hope you get a ton more. -_-
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:35 PM

For some reason, I thought these guys had already been identified. Whoops.

#4 PAINTEDPOST

PAINTEDPOST

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:30 PM

ive never thought id ever see these guys again. i dont know a lot but i do know that they are from a 25 cent machine and that i think they had names a had a couple when i was little. one was frosty i think it had somthing to do with frosted flakes. i want to say late 80s?. ive since lost mine but i remember they had some kind of smell? dont know if they still keep that with age.

#5 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:15 PM

ive never thought id ever see these guys again. i dont know a lot but i do know that they are from a 25 cent machine and that i think they had names a had a couple when i was little. one was frosty i think it had somthing to do with frosted flakes. i want to say late 80s?. ive since lost mine but i remember they had some kind of smell? dont know if they still keep that with age.

Yes, the green figure in the top picture did, at one time, have a cereal sticker on his chest. They did indeed come from quarter machines as thats where I remember getting them. I didnt know, however, that they had names! Thats so awesome. You're right about the late 80's as well. I wanna say, 88'-90' perhaps? I dont remember the smell and the ones I have now dont have a scent, but I'm totally stoked that someone else remembers these awesome little dudes.

#6 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:15 AM

How did I miss this thread? :thumbsup:

Anyhow, the pics are great! I'll see if I can lighten them a bit in Paint Shop. What would be super awesome is if we can locate or a get a pic of a logo. And are you certain on the name, or is that just what you've been calling them, "Canned Food Fighters?"

Thanks!

EDIT: So if you got these out of a gumball machine, and they were orginally made as Japanese keshi, then this are similar to all the Ultraman and Gegege gumball figgies that are floating around. If they were originally Japanese keshi, we should be able to get an original name and pic of a logo. Did you save the pics from the auction Jkaris linked to?

Edited by Soupie, 02 May 2008 - 04:19 AM.

Posted Image

#7 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:41 AM

Oh crap, I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but I think I've had the connection to their Japanese origins under my nose all along and didn't realize it!

Posted Image

The figures are keshi versions of a series of transforming canned food robots! This little number was revealed due to a discussion over Dispensor - if you've seen the Transformers movie, you probably remember a Mountain Dew vending machine that came to life? Someone just happened to bring up this guy in response to the discussion.

(Dispensor, by the way, isn't getting a transforming figure but is going to be released as a Robot Heroes figure.)

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:50 AM

I was wrong. Somebody did describe what these things are!

This guy is one of the toys called "Terekoma Senshi(テレコマ戦士)". they transform robots from cup noodles, canned drinks, snack boxes, etc.
may sounds wacky, but it was popular with 80's kids.
sold around '85-'87, made by Takara.

All information courtesy of Ricochet and dragon_lord from TFW2005.com.

Here's some links to the larger, transforming guys.

http://www.e-na.co.j...=17140000000000
http://page10.auctio...ction/m47752226

Edited by Boaconda, 02 May 2008 - 06:04 AM.

#9 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:18 AM

:woot:

Awesome, Boaconda! These little guys just got even better! I just bumped a thread in which Jkaris linked a YJP auction awhile ago and that Asator mentioned above. I'm wondering if the figures in the YJP auction looked like the guy you picture above or were they keshi? If they weren't keshi in the YJP auction, I'm wondering if there were Japanese keshi or only the Western bootleg figures that Asator has. In that thread, WL posted the Japanese name of the figures in the auction. I can't check now cause I'm at work, but I wonder if a google search will turn anything up?

Can't find to much on them, they are called terekoma soldiers, on the box it says "tarekeshi group 14"

I'd love to see some original keshi figgies if there are any!

Edited by Soupie, 02 May 2008 - 06:20 AM.

Posted Image

#10 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:14 AM

It was that thread bump that actually got the gears in my head turning, and to that stunning conclusion. Pat yourself on the back. :woot: I am almost positive, since I barely remember that thread, that they were only the keshi figures and not the transforming robots. Figures that Takara would be the maker.

Here's yet another guy, Drinkman, on Y!AJ. Found him by searching for Terekoma in English.
http://hk.f2.page.au...uction/b6983762

Still other links I've found regarding these guys.
http://f.hatena.ne.j...51126115453.jpg
http://www.mandarake...05/03/12/nkn04/
http://page8.auction...ction/h60632341
http://www.mandarake...kb02/index.html
http://page2.auction...ction/b86025669
http://page13.auctio...ction/r41293712
http://bekei.blog39....e-20060326.html
http://bbs51.meiwasu.../1199711067/l50

This bit in particular is really neat. These guys had their own vehicles - transforming vendor carts!
http://choroq.ameblo...y-20070411.html

Clearly, we're on to something, and all the various info points to the name Terekoma. The only bad part is that I can't find anything with regards to the keshi robots, at least not with pictures. The line is also linked to Choro Q, Takara's line of superdeformed vehicles and the source of the designs for what we know as the Transformers Minibots. They may have been some idea spun off from QBoy, which seems to be some Choro Q robot himself.

#11 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:16 AM

sorry to be off topic but when i was a kid i had some mc donalds happy meal toys that turned from food boxes/cups etc to robots and then another series that turned into dinosaurs. wonder it maccyds was ripping off this line?
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#12 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

You guys'r frickin awesome!!!

Some of those pictures are DEAD ON with the figures I have. There are also some that sparked my memory... I know I had some of those other ones. I could kick myself for what I did to those little guys back then. Burning them with magnifying glasses, cutting them apart to show "battle damage", smashing them with rocks.... makes me sad to think about it now.

Also, Soups, sorry that the pics are so dark. I dont know whats up with our camera. That first batch of MIMP pics that I took were fncking sweet but now I cant recreate the brightness and clarity! FRUSTRATING. I do still plan on sending you some pics of the mexican MIMP figures, but again, my camera is wonky.

Edited by asator, 02 May 2008 - 02:30 PM.

#13 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

Some of those pictures are DEAD ON with the figures I have. There are also some that sparked my memory... I know I had some of those other ones. I could kick myself for what I did to those little guys back then. Burning them with magnifying glasses, cutting them apart to show "battle damage", smashing them with rocks.... makes me sad to think about it now.

Haha, hey, at the end of the day, they are only little chunks of plastic meant to be played with! Now you can enjoy the challenge of collecting them! (Besides, I think a little "battle damage" adds character to a figgy.)

Also, Soups, sorry that the pics are so dark. I dont know whats up with our camera. That first batch of MIMP pics that I took were fncking sweet but now I cant recreate the brightness and clarity! FRUSTRATING. I do still plan on sending you some pics of the mexican MIMP figures, but again, my camera is wonky.

No problem. I'll probably be able to lighten them perfectly. I'd rather have them a little dark than too bright and washed out.

:woot:
Posted Image

#14 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for all the links, Boaconda. Is it just me, or does just about every toy line that comes from Japan kick ass?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:56 AM

Hey, do these have any trade marking on 'em?
Posted Image

#16 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:47 AM

The ones that I have are only marked "HONG KONG" on the back inside the square hole. The back is hollow, kind of like the bottoms of those TINY-A$$ Ben 10 figures. Seriously, I got a pack of those yesterday and I didnt realize how fncking small they are... and for $6... :D

#17 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:51 AM

What, did you just think I have small hands!? :D

Posted Image

I think Fitz and I are going to have to include a comparison shot with a MUSCLE figure with every entry. Seriously. The same thing happened to Scumdogg with another toy line. Anyhow, thanks for the info.
Posted Image

#18 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:58 AM

What, did you just think I have small hands!? :D

Posted Image

I think Fitz and I are going to have to include a comparison shot with a MUSCLE figure with every entry. Seriously. The same thing happened to Scumdogg with another toy line. Anyhow, thanks for the info.

Actually, the quality of your closeup shots can be very deceiving. When you see the picture with all that detail and just the right amount of light, with no blurryness, it can make a figure seem larger than it really is. I suppose your awesome photography skills are to blame. Or it could be the fact that I'm oblivious things sometimes. :D

#19 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:14 AM

I'd love to see some original keshi figgies if there are any!

your wish is my command! although we spoke on PM already ^_^

Attached File  cff4.jpg   900.05K   93 downloads

(note the original labels as oppose to Asator's)

42 original keshi, some in packaging coming to Toypedia soon!

Posted Image

#20 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:23 AM

Does anyone have a link to share for the canned food fighters on Yahoo Japan?

#21 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:33 AM

Fitz, are you thinking these are regular keshi material or harder plastic?
Posted Image

#22 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:25 PM

OMG....

WHERE CAN I GET THOSE?!?!?!?!?!

#23 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

Fitz, are you thinking these are regular keshi material or harder plastic?

It's only a guess but I think they're regulare keshi material - I hope so anyway!

Some of the images I saw show the weapons bent to fit in to the packaging, so that might be a sign.

Philly - I don't have a search for these I'm afraid but I'm sure someone else on here will have it ^_^

Posted Image

#24 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:51 PM

Are these solid figures or are the backs hollow like the ones that I have?

#25 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:31 AM

Are these solid figures or are the backs hollow like the ones that I have?

I'll let you know when they arrive :(

I came across them on YJP when searching for random keshi...

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com