81 replies to this topic

#26 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

to touch on the target clearance of the slug zombies......has anybody been to toys r us to see if they are clearanced there? i havent been to TRU since the slugs went clearance(i don't think anyway)but it could just be target clearing out stock before holidays are over, and not the fact that the line is tanking and everybody is clearancing them...........but now that i type this, cuttlefish picked up clearanced slugs at walgreens, so it's possible it's all across the board

#27 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

I mean, I find it hard to get into a line, where 90% of the figures are pigeon-toed.
It's also hard to get into a line, where you can walk in with $20, and walk out with an entire wave... And then have to wait for the other figures, for maybe months at a time. There was very little impetus to keep buying them.
I was really stoked about the idea of the monsters and aliens lines, but I am not heartbroken. I would have much preferred more blind packaging, or at least randomized assortments in the 3 packs, or something.

#28 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

i gotta get me some more blind packaged toys, i'm spoiled buying predetermined packaging it seems like lol

#29 TNT138

TNT138

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

My toys r us quit selling slugs a long time ago, if they had them at all. I have to agree on the blind packaging. I like the fact that I was able to basically walk in and get what I wanted, but it kind of ruins the fun of searching and hoping and trading and all that fun stuff I loved when I was young. I think kids really dig stuff like that.

#30 aceswired

aceswired

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

First-time poster here. I happened across SLUGS yesterday at Target while Christmas shopping for my nephew. They caught my eye immediately - the packaging, the little rubber figures. These were MUSCLES! I loved them as a kid and regretted letting my mom sell them at a garage sale.

So ... I did something I haven't done in probably 20+ years. I bought a toy for myself. Grabbed a coffin of 12 (on clearance). Didn't really figure out at the time the whole series concept, just grabbed one that looked cool. Then saw a 3-pack with a Santa Claws in it. Had to have that. So I walked out with 15 guys (one of whom was a duplicate) for 7 bucks. Not too shabby.

I'm hoping to get back before they're gone. Looking around, I realized that they had quite a few of the Series 4 and lots of Christmas, and now I see that those are in demand. Might grab an extra or two to trade for Series 1.

Anyway, down the slippery slope I go. Can't wait until my kids are old enough to play with these. But until then, they're all mine. ;)

#31 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

First-time poster here. I happened across SLUGS yesterday at Target while Christmas shopping for my nephew. They caught my eye immediately - the packaging, the little rubber figures. These were MUSCLES! I loved them as a kid and regretted letting my mom sell them at a garage sale.

So ... I did something I haven't done in probably 20+ years. I bought a toy for myself. Grabbed a coffin of 12 (on clearance). Didn't really figure out at the time the whole series concept, just grabbed one that looked cool. Then saw a 3-pack with a Santa Claws in it. Had to have that. So I walked out with 15 guys (one of whom was a duplicate) for 7 bucks. Not too shabby.

I'm hoping to get back before they're gone. Looking around, I realized that they had quite a few of the Series 4 and lots of Christmas, and now I see that those are in demand. Might grab an extra or two to trade for Series 1.

Anyway, down the slippery slope I go. Can't wait until my kids are old enough to play with these. But until then, they're all mine. ;)

SLUGS are great and if you wait most likely until January, these should drop even further price wise. These are not even moving at the clearance price now. I don't think Christmas or Series 4 are much in demand. Series 1 will be hard to get unless paying high cash prices, trading for them will be extremely difficult. But you will be able to get the rest of all the series (2-4) from Target.

Edited by seekingxar, 21 December 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#32 JetEyeNight

JetEyeNight

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Target has SLUGS on clearance for 50% off now.

#33 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

I love the square marble shooter guys. I have a bunch. I like them better than trash pack... on another note slug zombies didnt show up in my area until very recently .. we were late to the party

#34 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

How low do you think SLUG's will go at Target? 70% I think is the next clearance price for Target but will they go cheaper?

#35 TNT138

TNT138

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

It's usually only seasonal and Holiday items that get marked down to 90% off. Everything else goes down to 70%. (except electronics which only go as low as 50%)

#36 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Looks like Target is holding strong on the 50% off price point...they usually do a drop in price every 2 weeks for clearance stuff and not the case for these. They also moved them to another location and so looks like they are going to be collecting dust now.

#37 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

Most of the the Targets in my area are cleaned out.

#38 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

The target in my town has about 20 S2 coffins for $4.99 and a handful of S2 3 packs left for $1.99, and that's about it. Let me know if anyone needs either of those and I'd be happy to help you out at cost.

Edited by bachamn, 13 January 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#39 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

I guess we're seeing the end of this toy line. Dang, I really liked it too.

#40 GoreVidalMeaty

GoreVidalMeaty

Trojan Trebuchet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Toyfinity, Wrangler jeans, MIMP ALL series,
    M.U.S.C.L.E. Things and the mighty ARCO Red Lizardman.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

My Toys'R'Us had a Series 4 12-pack minus 1 because it was opened. I bought it anyway. It was missing the Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives zombie. Oh well. Still better than nothing. Oh, it was full price. My two local-ish Targets have a ton of series 2 and 3 12-packs discounted. I really, REALLY liked this line's quality. damn shame as I was so looking forward to the Aliens and Monsters line. Which brings me to this next question:

Does anybody on the boards know of anybody who works for Jakks Pacific? I would love to see, if exist, any of the test shots or artwork for the Aliens or Monsters lines.

#41 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

Did someone get official word SLUG is done or just assuming? Probably a safe assumption that it's done but without official word you never know. I guess we'll be able to tell next month based on what JAKKS shows at Toy Fair.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#42 aceswired

aceswired

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Saw 70% off today!

#43 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

Saw 70% off today!

Might have to go check it out!!!

#44 TNT138

TNT138

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

wasn't so at my Target. Hopefully it will be soon.

#45 Bagface

Bagface

The Customs Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Reading, Boobs, Video Games, M.U.S.C.L.E men... Just a lot of geekery in general.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

I just don't understand why it seems each target around me has different slugs. 1 target I was able to complete series 3 and xmas. Next target only had 3, 3 packs, the target yesterday I was able to get most of series 2 (all but coffin and bazooka guy 3 pack) and a series 4, 3 pack.

#46 squeaken

squeaken

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

If the signs of cancellation turn out to be accurate then this should go down as an example of a fantastic idea that got ruined by inexplicable corporate decision making. I believe I have every figure from series 2-4 and multiple sets of the Christmas figures. I was a massive MIMP and MUSCLE collector and these did bring a nice feeling of nostalgia with them. I was studying them and just think they are so well made with some brilliant ideas and artistic work on the creative side. I love the solid green/flesh colors (same terrific look and feel as with MUSCLE and OMFG). What I cannot fathom is the seemingly deliberate decision to make Series 1 next to impossible to find followed by an absolute flood of Series 2 and 3. Series 1 items are demanding ridiculous prices on Ebay and yet Jakks is content not to manufacture them anymore. Obiously, this is just an educated guess from the observation that they must have not been distributed very well resulting in the high auction prices. The stupid decision to force the purchase of doubles in order to assemble full collections is just pathetic attmempts to squeeze money out of those who support you. I think October Toys is a great example of how an organization sees a niche in the marketplace and makes great decisions to give people what they want in an honest way.

If SLUGS does go under, the company has itself to blame and they should find the asshat who decided to limit Series 1 distribution and mix the sets and hang that individual out to dry. Such a shame. I really saw this toy line going places. Look at the Trash Pack. Even though I do collect them with my daughter, the creativity behind it leaves much to be desired but they are plentiful, priced fairly well and kids can puruse their collections without getting gouged. I know there are rare ones but my daughter has found a few without too much trouble. Jakks had a good idea and just fumbled it famously.

#47 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

If the signs of cancellation turn out to be accurate then this should go down as an example of a fantastic idea that got ruined by inexplicable corporate decision making. I believe I have every figure from series 2-4 and multiple sets of the Christmas figures. I was a massive MIMP and MUSCLE collector and these did bring a nice feeling of nostalgia with them. I was studying them and just think they are so well made with some brilliant ideas and artistic work on the creative side. I love the solid green/flesh colors (same terrific look and feel as with MUSCLE and OMFG). What I cannot fathom is the seemingly deliberate decision to make Series 1 next to impossible to find followed by an absolute flood of Series 2 and 3. Series 1 items are demanding ridiculous prices on Ebay and yet Jakks is content not to manufacture them anymore. Obiously, this is just an educated guess from the observation that they must have not been distributed very well resulting in the high auction prices. The stupid decision to force the purchase of doubles in order to assemble full collections is just pathetic attmempts to squeeze money out of those who support you. I think October Toys is a great example of how an organization sees a niche in the marketplace and makes great decisions to give people what they want in an honest way.

If SLUGS does go under, the company has itself to blame and they should find the asshat who decided to limit Series 1 distribution and mix the sets and hang that individual out to dry. Such a shame. I really saw this toy line going places. Look at the Trash Pack. Even though I do collect them with my daughter, the creativity behind it leaves much to be desired but they are plentiful, priced fairly well and kids can puruse their collections without getting gouged. I know there are rare ones but my daughter has found a few without too much trouble. Jakks had a good idea and just fumbled it famously.

I think Jakks did mess this up but you have to also look at the possibility that stores weren't jumping at buying these and TRU made such a small buy of Series 1, they were the ones in the end that had the horrible distribution. Once Target took over, they went overboard on buying Series 2-3. I think Christmas and Series 4 were harder to find but in the end there was enough around to keep everyone happy and not collect dust like Series 2-3 are now. It was a blown venture by all involved that brought this line down.

All the Targets around me still have over 20+ coffins and TONS of 3 packs and yet they still won't bring them to the 70% off. I'm waiting for that price just to get a set and keep them sealed.

Edited by seekingxar, 21 January 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#48 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Minifigures and Wrestling

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

I was not going to get this line but the clearance prices of $1.18 for 3 packs and $2.98 for a Series 4 12 pack was too much to pass up

Got most of Series 2,4 and all of Christmas for about $10

Posted Image

#49 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Hey guys, new to the forum. I was reading this thread today and decided to check out a few of my Targets.

Picked up a bunch of these S.L.U.G. figures. I saw them every time I've gone to Target for months and finally they've dropped in price! Most of my stores were largely cleaned out, sans one that had about a dozen of the coffins still available.

Also, I just ordered several of the series 4 coffins off of the Toys R' Us website. Thinking about keeping most of them sealed.

#50 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hey guys, new to the forum. I was reading this thread today and decided to check out a few of my Targets.

Picked up a bunch of these S.L.U.G. figures. I saw them every time I've gone to Target for months and finally they've dropped in price! Most of my stores were largely cleaned out, sans one that had about a dozen of the coffins still available.

Also, I just ordered several of the series 4 coffins off of the Toys R' Us website. Thinking about keeping most of them sealed.

What % did you get them at? All my Targets are still at 50% off

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com