17 replies to this topic

#1 hawkze_2.3

hawkze_2.3

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:31 AM

Hi all, I am clearly a n00b here, but I do lurk around a lot. I got these guys recently and I was just curious if anyone knew what they were.

I assume these are either Godzilla or Ultraman, but the guy with the hair threw me off ^_^

http://i153.photobuc...pg?t=1242055621

On these 3, the orange is SD Gundam style, but has a bird face. The blue is obviously kinnikuman, but I have never seen that sculpt before (I am no expert though). The tan thing I have no clue about...

http://i153.photobuc...pg?t=1242055008

Thanks for any help :D

In my n00bness, I am not able to post up the thumbnails, it says there is a dynamic error. :huh:

Attached Files

#2 nickdeth

nickdeth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests: Kinnikuman ,Battle beasts ,anime ,manga,Godzilla,Ultraman,Gamera,Fist of the North Star,Robots and much more

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:11 AM

first pic is from a ultra q series of ultraman made by yutaka 2001 came in a box of ten figs ,on of them would have been a hard to find silver fig they have 2 colors the color you have pictured and green i think there are 48 sculpts in this series heres a pic off some of mine
[URL=http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/nickdeth/life/?action=view&current=DSC04473-1.jpg][IMG]http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/nickdeth/life/th_DSC04473-1.jpg[/IMG[/URL]

#3 hawkze_2.3

hawkze_2.3

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:25 AM

first pic is from a ultra q series of ultraman made by yutaka 2001 came in a box of ten figs ,on of them would have been a hard to find silver fig they have 2 colors the color you have pictured and green i think there are 48 sculpts in this series heres a pic off some of mine

Cool, thanks very much :lol:

I like these guys a lot...small but lots of attention to detail.

#4 Garatron75

Garatron75

Extraplanar Rollin' Klone Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

On these 3, the orange is SD Gundam style, but has a bird face. The blue is obviously kinnikuman, but I have never seen that sculpt before (I am no expert though). The tan thing I have no clue about...

http://i153.photobuc...pg?t=1242055008

Thanks for any help ;)

In my n00bness, I am not able to post up the thumbnails, it says there is a dynamic error. :lol:

The blue guy is Alexandria Meat (referred to as Meat-kun or better known as simply Meat) from the Kinnikuman kineshi line and its US adaptation, M.U.S.C.L.E. These others are pretty neato looking, but I'm not sure who they are.
"Magor must be stopped. No matter the cost."
"It's about beating the game, the way it was meant to be fun."

#5 hawkze_2.3

hawkze_2.3

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:01 PM

The blue guy is Alexandria Meat (referred to as Meat-kun or better known as simply Meat) from the Kinnikuman kineshi line and its US adaptation, M.U.S.C.L.E. These others are pretty neato looking, but I'm not sure who they are.

Appreciate it :lol: I have seen a few other Meat sculpts, just not this one. Almost looks like an SD variation or something like that....oh well, I suppose i need to get the complete anniversary set and find out, hehe.

#6 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

Appreciate it :lol: I have seen a few other Meat sculpts, just not this one. Almost looks like an SD variation or something like that....oh well, I suppose i need to get the complete anniversary set and find out, hehe.

it's not a standard kinnikuman sculpt. but if i've learned anything from the 29th anniversary madness, it's that there's far more kinnikuman sculpts than what was in the original 418. there are so many exclusives and offshoots of kinkeshi that it can be very hard to find a particular sculpts origin unless you know a big time collector from japan. my guess is that this figure came with candy, was a special exclusive, came in a boardgame or is a bootleg. the original sd meat looks like this:

Posted Image

photo from naochin's site.

how big is it? does it have any markings on the bottom or the back that i can't see from the photo?

Edited by dankingery, 11 May 2009 - 07:32 PM.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#7 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5102 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

Your little kaiju keshi are definitely Ultraman, either Taro or Leo, but I don't think they're from the series nickdeth mentioned. The copyright information on their backs uses a P in a circle, which should indicate the maker as Popy, not Yutaka.

The red robot and flesh bull-robot are probably both Gundam. There's a style that it fits knows as Musha Gundam, although I can't help you on identifying the particular character. The bull looks like something out of G Gundam. I'm not 100% sure about that one.

Of course, you know the blue guy is Meat already. Interesting though, that no one recognizes which Meat it is yet.

#8 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

Of course, you know the blue guy is Meat already. Interesting though, that no one recognizes which Meat it is yet.

I scoured the Kin/UM forum for answers, all that's currently known is that he is, in fact, super kawaii. :3
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#9 nickdeth

nickdeth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests: Kinnikuman ,Battle beasts ,anime ,manga,Godzilla,Ultraman,Gamera,Fist of the North Star,Robots and much more

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

picture of the box they came in .it looks like yutaka used some old molds for these figs they are identical to the great monster the 30 set by bandai that came out in 1990 i have 3 diff sets from diff ultra lines ,Boaconda do you have any info on this?curious to learn more about these.

Edited by nickdeth, 11 May 2009 - 10:06 PM.

[URL=http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/nickdeth/life/?action=view&current=DSC04473-1.jpg][IMG]http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/nickdeth/life/th_DSC04473-1.jpg[/IMG[/URL]

#10 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:29 AM

I just saw that same bird-face, SD Gundam style sculpt on YJP in yellow. I have the picture on my home computer. It's probably still on YJP, so information could possibly be gotten from the auction.

That MEAT sculpt is interesting. It's pose is very similar to the 4" MEAT sculpt if I'm not mistaken. Will be scouring Naochin's site in the near future. :lol:
Posted Image

#11 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:54 AM

That MEAT sculpt is interesting. It's pose is very similar to the 4" MEAT sculpt if I'm not mistaken.

It is pretty similar, but the arm positions are reversed.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#12 hawkze_2.3

hawkze_2.3

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:13 AM

Well, thanks for all the help so far. Here are some better pics of the Meat sculpt:

Back--

http://i153.photobuc...pg?t=1242148134

Size comparison--

http://i153.photobuc...pg?t=1242148182

Its quality doesn't seem to be on par with some other keshis...softer rubber with a bunch of tiny imperfections on the front.

Anybody want to tell me how to post up the thumbnails instead of links? :lol:

#13 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

Anybody want to tell me how to post up the thumbnails instead of links? :(

Use the "attachment" function. It is directly under the text box when making a post. (See my attached thumbnail image. :p )

Also, here's the auction for the SD figure: http://page15.auctio...ction/t63049090

According to a Babelfish translation of the auction page, it's a "movement soldier Gundam." Which probably means "Mobile Suit Gundam," no?

Posted Image

Attached Files

Edited by Soupie, 12 May 2009 - 12:46 PM.

Posted Image

#14 hawkze_2.3

hawkze_2.3

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:49 PM

Awesome, thank you.

That is definitely it...mine has claws though! :drinks: That's so weird to have a bird face on a Gundam figure, maybe it's a metal bird face.... And since it's only selling for 30 yen I think I will go ahead and keep it, hehe.

#15 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:29 PM

Awesome, thank you.

That is definitely it...mine has claws though! :drinks: That's so weird to have a bird face on a Gundam figure, maybe it's a metal bird face.... And since it's only selling for 30 yen I think I will go ahead and keep it, hehe.

i've got quite a few of these sd gundam keshi and they're not limited to the typical mech design most people think of when they think of gundam. if i ever get some spare time i'll post some pics.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#16 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:12 AM

Damn, I thought I finally identified the Blue MEAT sculpt, but no. I was thinking it may have been a Popy Chibi Kinkeshi as seen ay kabushikigaisha-link.com. (See attached.)

http://www.kabushiki....php?s|id=11674

And while it's not a Chibi Kinkeshi, it does appear to be a Popy, and may be from the same line as the figures posted by GB seen here: http://www.littlerub...d...st&p=250932

Attached Files

Posted Image

#17 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:22 AM

I have always lumped hm in with the Popy Chibis. He is the same size and rough characteristics as that line.

#18 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:49 AM

I have always lumped hm in with the Popy Chibis. He is the same size and rough characteristics as that line.

Yeah, but as you can see, there is already a MEAT sculpt in that line. Unless they decided to make two that were nearly identical, I don't think it is. Also, I think the one posted in this thread is bigger than the Popy Chibi Kinkeshi AKA Micros.
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com