150 replies to this topic

#26 Aelia

Aelia

Spess Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

Aelia-san, you're in luck, as that song happens to be quite simple, and I've half-way done that one already.

Meanwhile, Matto, if I can find the actual Kanji for that song somewhere, I definitely will do "Go My Boy", as it sounds like a good one to do. Though I'm pretty sure I can find the Karubi-don song. So I'll put them in the waiting list, and when some other songs are gone, they'll be my first priority, particularly "Go My Boy", if I can find it, as you were my first request, anyway.

Cool beans. Thanks a bunch!

#27 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:34 AM

Now THAT is quite difficult for me to do. I did have the kana lyrics once, as a JPEG, but I have since deleted them. Someone gave it to me, but I forget who.

Anyone care to help? =(
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#28 Aelia

Aelia

Spess Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

Now THAT is quite difficult for me to do. I did have the kana lyrics once, as a JPEG, but I have since deleted them. Someone gave it to me, but I forget who.

Anyone care to help? =(

http://www.littlerub...d...0&hl=lyrics

I think you can find Go My Boy! somewhere in this thread.

#29 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

Former Resident Song Translator & Self-Proclaimed Freelancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

Huzzay. I now have the lyrics to "Go My Boy" saved on the computer. This shall be my main focus, when the ones currently being translated are finished and posted. Sorry for the wait, Matto-san, even though it technically was the first request I had.
Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#30 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:49 PM

You're not at fault, there is no need for apalogizing.
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#31 KinnikuGai

KinnikuGai

kinnikuman 3rd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling, MMA, sleeping, Video games, eating,
    Reading.

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:38 AM

Thank you so much for what your doing.

would it be ok if i requesed a Translation for the song Kajiba no Kuso Chikara

Thank you.

"Gai's Kinniku Clan  Favourite Phrase"

"Technique transcends the soul, Begins in the Hands, Ends on the Mat"

#32 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:03 AM

Yes, I shall put that on the list, after I get a few more out of the way. Also, sorry everyone, for the long gap of putting any up. I've just been doing a huge batch. Trust me, I've got loads of song translations all together, I just haven't put any of them up, because not all are polished up. I promise, however, to have at least the songs of quite a few characters (if not the speech as well) in a very short while.

I am also doing exams this upcoming month, too, so this will be another possible cause of another possible gap. ^^;; Please forgive me.
Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#33 KinnikuGai

KinnikuGai

kinnikuman 3rd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling, MMA, sleeping, Video games, eating,
    Reading.

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

thats cool you don't need to be sorry you have a life your not just some droid that does Translations all day long so don't worry about it oh and good luck with your exams hope it goes well.

Edited by guy kinniku, 30 May 2009 - 09:11 AM.

"Gai's Kinniku Clan  Favourite Phrase"

"Technique transcends the soul, Begins in the Hands, Ends on the Mat"

#34 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:33 PM

If you are looking for Kawaii Kenni's Kinnikuman song translations, they are no longer on LittleRubberGuys forums. Due to what people will doubtless call "drama", or "politics", I have decided I have had enough of being called a thief, and I am sick of it happening every so often when people seem bored. My work is mine, and since people have a hard time understanding that I don't steal the work that I have spent hours on here, I don't think it should be up here any more.

Apologies to those who actually liked or appreciated my translations and didn't take them for granted, but I am sick of being the one to do work, and then get asked things like "Hey, you're a thief, right?" or "I hear you stole Kinnikuman_Muscle's work".

You may find my work still up on YouTube, but I shall not make things easier to access. Not on here.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:51 AM.

#35 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:47 PM

If you are looking for Kawaii Kenni's Kinnikuman song translations, they are no longer on LittleRubberGuys forums. Due to what people will doubtless call "drama", or "politics", I have decided I have had enough of being called a thief, and I am sick of it happening every so often when people seem bored. My work is mine, and since people have a hard time understanding that I don't steal the work that I have spent hours on here, I don't think it should be up here any more.

Apologies to those who actually liked or appreciated my translations and didn't take them for granted, but I am sick of being the one to do work, and then get asked things like "Hey, you're a thief, right?" or "I hear you stole Kinnikuman_Muscle's work".

You may find my work still up on YouTube, but I shall not make things easier to access. Not on here.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:52 AM.

#36 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:20 PM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:56 AM.

#37 Jenny

Jenny

i'm tired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:30 AM

=D *only just noticed this update* Yay Shogun AND Budo! God I love Budo's theme so much, its pretty much because of his theme that I became a fan of him.

And I know the connection between these songs. :B
Spoiler

ZObY.png

#38 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:48 AM

Indeed.
Spoiler

The next update of songs probably will be a little later than they could be, because of exams still. Depends on how irresponsible I'm being. The two songs most likely to be put up next will be "Buster Generations", as I call it. i.e. Asuraman and Mars/Scarface. Then I shall get to work on some of the songs I'd promised to work on after that, like Geronimo's and the Kajiba Kuso Chikara song. After the exams, I'll have a lot more time to do so, so better, faster, stronger updates can be expected after then (the 22nd June, to be precise).

Hopefully in the mean time, the above songs shall hopefully be enough.

#39 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:55 AM.

#40 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:26 PM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:54 AM.

#41 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:48 AM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:54 AM.

#42 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

My only problem is part of Ashura's theme. Translating Shogun's name just sounds.. odd. Why not put it as Lord Akuma Shogun? Since that's what they call him in the series.

But other than that, kickass job. Especially with Maaahz's. <3333

Edited by KnuxieChan, 25 June 2009 - 12:51 PM.

#43 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:18 PM

Well, mainly because "Shougun" is a title, and because I also did translate "Akuma Shougun" in his own song. I mean, I don't translate most of the names, as they're compounds and what-not, but "Akuma Shougun" does actually mean something on its own. It was more or less just my own preference to translate it.

However, I can see why some would find it odd sounding. It's merely a case of what people are most used to. Loads of people are used to hearing "Akuma Shougun-sama" all over the place, so saying "The Great Devil General" will come off as odd.

I suppose, to use DBZ analogies, it'd be like saying "Kaiou-sama" as "The Great King of the Realm" when Japanese fans are so used to "Kaiou-sama", or dub fans are used to "King Kai". Another more likely translation is like "Kami-sama" being translated to its actual title "God". People are so used to "Kami-sama" or "Kami", that it comes off as weird.

But, yes, I take the point gracefully. I was originally thinking "Should I use 'Akuma Shougun-sama', or should I translate it?", as it happens. I think another factor in it is that I've been translating the term "Choujin" (Kinnikuman's equivalent of "Nakama", really, the word that no-one really translates, when it has an English equivalent) for so long, that it seemed odd to leave a translatable term untranslated.

= = = = =

EDIT: I just realised that all my reasoning was a moot point, as I have actually been leaving "Kinniku" as in "Kinniku Buster" untranslated, for the very reason that I was outlining above. I had actually left "Kinniku" untranslated as it is so ingrained in our psyche. Guess who the idiot today is.

= = = = =

On another note, for a previously translated song, in "Kinniku Mambo", there's an alternative line one can use that I quite like and was thinking of using. "Mou dame... Da-Da-Da-Da-Da!" can also be rendered "Enough alrea- Dy-Dy-Dy-Dy-Dy!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Other than that, any new requests?

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 25 June 2009 - 09:24 PM.

#44 Meat's fan

Meat's fan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:anime

writing stories

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:21 AM

Can you also try to translate The Ninja's song and also Mr. Kamen's?

"Anger and Hatred, they cause lots of problems, yet it's hard to avoid."

#45 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:14 AM

Can you also try to translate The Ninja's song and also Mr. Kamen's?

omg, seconding Khamen. <3

And I know Akuma Shogun has a translation. It just sounds more elegant in Japanese. XD

#46 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:43 AM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:53 AM.

#47 Meat's fan

Meat's fan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:anime

writing stories

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:54 PM

Awesome! B)

Well, i forgot to request this too. Stecase King's theme too. please.

"Anger and Hatred, they cause lots of problems, yet it's hard to avoid."

#48 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:46 AM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:52 AM.

#49 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:05 PM

Thank you so much again! Your translations are very much appreciated. And please, no need to call me Bob-San. Walker works much better. O.o I really should stop signing up with this name, no one can even remember or spell it XD

Edited by bobsinbobsled, 01 July 2009 - 03:05 PM.

#50 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nÂș 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Anything that remembers Kinnikuman, and Bo-bobo

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:59 AM

Kawaii Kenni, can you tranlaste Zudadan Kinnikuman?

And I will try to make a video(try, because i never did one) with the lyrics with Kinnikuman GO Fight(I will put your name, or course, on it) ok?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com