2 replies to this topic

#1 Land_of_Roars

Land_of_Roars

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 02:45 PM

Finally, here's my chapter to Viperfish's excellent story. Enjoy!

Uneasy Tension

Though the rain was falling harder, visibility wasn't bad. The small mouse scurried along the forest floor, grabbing berries or other fruit that lay across the saturated pine needles. He just needed that one berry. Though it was large and could feed his family for two days or more, getting it into his hole would be tough. Every time he would drag the fruit, a mountain of pine needles would collect in front of it. This was a major headache, for he had to wipe them away before he could even think of pushing the fruit into the hole. He was almost to the berry, when something caught his eye: some object he could barely make out, was moving swiftly towards him. Forgetting the berry, he turned and scurried towards his hole. He did not want to know who or what this thing was, lest he be its pray. When just outside his hole, he jerked his head around in time to see an eerie pair of narrowed, yellow eyes meet his own. These eyes seemed to glow as if powered by the moon itself. As a long yellow beak appeared, the little rodent squeaked in fear. The voice would not come out though, instead replaced by blood as the knife-like claw tore through his stomach. "uckk!," He gurgled, as four more knives found their way into his flesh. Soon all five of the blade like appendages met each other near the spine of the unlucky rodent. As the mouse rose into the air, he took one last gasp for breath. He could just make out two sets of round black eyes, staring up from his den, as he blacked out.

Hawk, known to all as Eagle Killer, began to descend, looking for a dry spot of refuse. "That cave," he thought to himself. "It's perfect." It was a great cave, the tall opening was perfectly rounded and the cave was very deep. Flapping his wings quickly, he drifted straight down onto the lip of the cave, and dropped the mouse in front of him. Its staring eyes and gaping mouth conveyed its moments of terror, which seemed to please Eagle Killer. "This is how they all look," he commented to himself, "none can match me." He backed his claw out of the mouse, and scraped the blood and tissue on a large boulder that formed at the mouth of the red-brown cave. This would not be enough for him. Not today. He lunged forward suddenly, grabbing the mouse again with a claw and beak. In what could only be described as a sadistic frenzy, he began tearing the mouse to pieces. As his rage finally subsided he began to see the red brown cave walls again. He calmed himself and breathed slowly, looking around. The spine of the mouse lay in one corner, while the entrails and arms lay in another. The hindlegs and tail were right in front of him. He turned to the back of the cave, where he could just make out the head of his victim. After catching his breath for a few more moments, he wiped his beak and talons on another rock and looked out from the cave. "Leave me be," he quietly growled to no one but himself. Realizing that this destructive urge would not leave him this day, he spread his wings and leaned back on his legs. Recoiling like an arrow in a strung bow, he shot out of the cave and ascended into the sky.

As he left the messy cave behind, he thought "I only seem to focus when I am flying." Indeed the quiet sky and the beautiful view seemed to calm this exploding beast. Looking ahead, he saw an object , whose contents stirred his rage again, and shattered his momentary peace. Sailing towards the large fortress, he thought, "I must quench this thirst for death."

Alligatron leaned closer to the large paper that lay across the table of the conference room. His eyes narrowed as he read over it's contents. The puzzled look on Alligatron's face matched that of Ultragas, who stood just to the right of him. His thoughts turned to the past, as he stared at the mask that sat on Ultragas' head.

"It's a good thing he can control himself," Alligatron thought, while looking down at Ultragas' tail. He remembered the night that he, and other faction members, decided to ambush a stranded platoon of White Leo's troops. It was at Gun Marino. They were to attack at 3 in the morning, ambushing the watch patrol guards and stealing the plans for the a new vehicle that bowdog had been working on. Except for those on guard, the troops slept for a few hours. Then Ultragas let loose: The putrid smell woke the other beasts instantly. The floating cloud also stung their eyes causing many of the beasts to yelp in pain. "I remember that horrible stench," Alligatron said to himself." Alligatron had went around trying to quiet the other beasts. He was surprised the noise didn't wake the stranded platoon not far away. Luckily it didn't. Though Alliagatron was not successful in getting the coveted documents, He did manage to seize some plans (for beefing up a base) from Yellow Giraffe. His efforts had deffinately paid off, for he stood in the Conference room that was rebuilt from them. Still, it had been to close that night and from that point on, Ultragas was forced to sleep away....far away from the other beasts.

"Are you sure," Alligatron asked, a tone of cynicism in his voice.

"Of course," Ultragas replied, though the confused expression still hung from his face like a heavy curtain.

"I don't understand why he would even bother to try," Alligatron said, in his irritated tone. "He's nieve to think it could even be established. I mean, I plan to conquer this rock no matter what!"

Just to the left of the written note was a rather large map, with an area circled in red . It was one where three zones met: a mountainous zone, the ocean, and a forest zone.

"Why here?" Alligatron asked.

"Don't know," Ultragas replied in his deep, almost reptilian, sounding voice. " I've been trying to figure this whole thing out myself."

"Hmmmm," Alligatron replied in thought.

"I do know for sure, that this is the exact area where those three major zones meet. I just think that-"

"BAM!"

Suddenly, the doors to the conference room flew open, hitting the walls with great force. Alligatron and Ultragas both jerked their heads up suddenly and stared at the figure before them.

Standing there, in the doorway, was Killer Eagle. His head was slightly bowed and his eyes met those of Alligatron and Ultragas in a piercing glare. Water dripped from his feathers, leaving a pool of water on the smooth rock floor surface. He then puffed up like a cottonball, and shook the rest of the water from his feathers.

Ignoring the walls he just coated with water, he spoke up:

"Alligatron,!" the figure barked in his calm but graveley voice.

Alligatron placed both palms down on the desk and leaned over. As he bowed his head, he let out a long, irritated sigh.

"Why are you away from your post, Hawk " The calm, but obviously irritated, Alligatron stated.

The figure slightly raised his head. "It's Eagle Killer," the figure stated. "My name is Eagle Killer, not Hawk!"

"Yeah," Alligatron replied with an apathetic tone.

After a few seconds of silence, Eagle Killer spoke : "When are we going to attack, Alligatron? What are we waiting for? With every passing day, White Leo gains more support and recruits more beasts. He will soon become to powerful to conquer. We must go on the offensive. We must attack---Now!"

Alligatron could feel the anger welling up inside. He was not angry because this disrespectful beast was questioning his reasoning: He was angry at himself because of his own fear. Ever Since Eagle Killer had come to him and asked to join his army, Alligatron had feared him. This was a beast more wicked than he. This beast was afraid of no one. Alligatron had personally seen his take on three or four beasts at once, beating and severly wounding, if not killing them all. If any beast could challenge Alligatron for his position as ruler it was this beast. Alligatron's thoughts then stopped racing for a second. "I don't have anything to fear. If I couldn't take care of Eagle Killer myself, I have 23 other pairs of hands to help me." Besides, This beast is unstable and uncapable of being a leader. He only thinks about killing and the beasts of the kingdom would rise up against him." Maybe he was right. Maybe he didn't have anything to fear. That small seed of doubt in the back of his mind, however had long germinated and grown to fear. Alligatron could not let let Eagle Killer see that.

Alligatron walked over to Eagle Killer and did an exaggerated bow, as if he were before royalty, sweeping his arm just above the ground in a wide arc.

"Go get 'em if you want em," Alligatron sneered in an amused tone. "You won't get far, though. As you stated yourself, his forces grow more powerful by the day." Why do you think I plan? "Well?" alligatron asked again, knowing that Eagle could not answer. "You are a loose cannon and a fool. You might as well fight with a cloth wrapped around your face!" You are an excellent warrior but can you take on all of Leo's warriors yourself? You will get no help from me. You either attack when we attack or go balls out and attack on your own. I will say nothing when Leo's troops tear seperate you from your limbs. After my troops conquer him, conquer they will walk, victorious, through your bloody remains."

Loose Canon. Those words tore through Eagle Killer's mind. He closed his eyed and rocked back on his heels. "I will not let this get to me," Eagle Killer told himself. After regaining his posure, he looked toward Alligatron again. "You must conquer your fear of Leo sometime," Eagle killer said in his gravely voice. Although the anger rose within him, he did not allow his voice to show it. "Cowardice, He said flatly, "is not a trait becoming in a leader.".

Ultragas stood up and pulled his weapon from his sheath: He had heard enough.
"How dare you address your leader this way," Ultragas screamed in his annoying nasal voice. He then moved briskly towards Killer Eagle.

The large hawk was not fazed at all by this. He didn't even draw his weapon in defence. "Stand down wretched skunk," He stated in a hard voice. "or I'll tear your pelt from your hide." Alligatron put his right arm out in front of Ultragas' chest, preventing him from getting any closer.

"Put your weapon away," Alligatron said, trying to keep his anger in check.

Ultragas glared at Eagle Killer and turned to look at Alligatron, giving him a look of questioning annoyance. Still,he did not sheathe his weapon.

"Do it," Alligatron barked.

Ultragas, shaking with anger, finally did as he commanded. He just stood their staring at Eagle Killer, wishing him to make a move.

At this point, Alligatron lost his cool completely. Killer. "If you ever question or belittle me again," he yelled, "I will personally dispose of you. I'll Slice you from Your throat to your stomach and throw you out in the desert. And the vultures there-they will rip your flesh from your still living body. You will know truly, what pain and agony is. "Now get out," Alligatron yelled. "GET OUT!"

Eagle Killer stood to his full height, and jerked his head up towards Alligatron. Something, which could be described as a smirk, came across his beak slowly. He stared Alligatron in the eyes once more and laughed. That cold, gravely laugh that always traveled down Alligatrons spine.

"I take orders from no one," Eagle killer stated in a calm, but mocking voice, "Nor am I indebted you." "Remember that." Eagle Killer turned and walked toward the door. "Taking the lives of others is the only compensation I ask for. I am tired of waiting. If you will not deliver victims then I must seek them out myself. Those who stand in my way, will do just as well as those I battle." Stopping just in front of the door, he glanced over at Alligatron and pointed towards the guard tower. "I will return to my post." He slowly exited through the doors, shutting them quietly behind him.

Ultragas thought he saw his great leader shudder slightly. He dared not comment though. Alligatron could feel the tension mounting. "He won't try anything," Alligatron reassured himself, "He needs to kill and I need him in my army." Still he felt queasy about it.

Walking back to the desk, Alligatron focused his attention on the note and map.

"What were you saying about the three zones again," Alligatron asked Ultragas. "Why does the note say he wants to meet there?"

"I started to say that I that he picked this area, because of the volcanic activity."

"Volcanic activity. Are you sure?," Alligatron asked.

"Believe me, I've been there." Ultragas stated. "These volcanoes rarely erupt, but I think that they are responsible for the different climates and zones on this side of the planet. "I'm not sure what motive they have with the volcanoes."

Suddenly, Alligatron blurted out "Ultragas, look at this!"

"I missed that part of the note completely," Ultragas said in surprise.

"Let's read the note from the beginning again," Alligatron said.

"To Alligatron..."

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by Land_of_Roars, 24 September 2004 - 08:32 AM.

Wet Behind The Ears

• Guests

Posted 28 September 2004 - 03:05 PM

The title is very fitting for this chapter, I enjoyed the back and forth between Alligatron and Eagle Killer, very tense :blink: So, when will we see the next chapter?

Wet Behind The Ears

• Guests

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:13 PM

When the next person decides to write it. It's a pass-off...if you would like, Tigerburn, write the next chapter.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com